IGNORED

Atari Air Raid by Men-A-Vision - Recent Pick Up

aservantes

I recently found this game out here in San Antonio, TX. I bought a box with a 2600 and about 50 games. And one of those games was Air Raid. I contacted AtariAge and they authenticated it. I need help trying to value this in the current condition. Its in good cosmetic shape for its age and label is good. The only thing is the pins are dirty and I don't feel comfortable trying to clean them due to risk of damaging the cart or board. Another thing is you need to remove the label the open the cartridge due to screws under it. The game plays but the picture is distorted as shown. Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-52914-0-38238700-1489623943_thumb.jpg

post-52914-0-18146700-1489623963_thumb.jpg

post-52914-0-97276400-1489623994_thumb.jpg

post-52914-0-50987000-1489624025_thumb.jpg

post-52914-0-75320100-1489624089_thumb.jpg

post-52914-0-63551500-1489624117_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

atari181 what does this game go for in this condition? Does anyone know how many of these actually exist. That would be great if it was just rf interference or just dirty.

I am going to be looking to sell it soon. Just don't know where to list it yet.

Man, if you're only goal is to flip it, why bother doing ANYTHING besides lock it up in safety until then?

ANYTHING you do risks damage, no matter how benign it may seem.

If you plan to keep it as a personal trophy, THEN I'd worry about getting it "polished".

Let the guy whose trophy it's GOING to be deal with those risks.

• Like 7

It's worth a lot. It'd be worth a lot more if it had the box, but it's nevertheless extremely rare. (Despite just being Space Jockey turned on its side, cough)

I've never had an Air Raid in my collection. As a matter of fact, for all my years of game collecting, I don't think I've ever had a 2600 game that's been higher than a six on AtariAge's rarity scale.

So i was just looking at night when i couldn't sleep on the local Facebook market place and came across an atari lot. The next day i messaged the person seeing if they still had it and sure enough they did. It was a lot with a 2600 and about 50 or so games. On the ad there were multiple group photos but only one photo had this game in it. When i picked it up sure enough there it was. The man lived kind of away from the inner city.

The crazy thing is that the ad was up for almost a whole day abs hasn't sold. When i asked if it was still available he said yes but multiple people interested/offering. I offered him a little more than his ask and he said come get it. I'm not sure if the other people were just being cheap or didn't know what this was...

I recently found this game out here in San Antonio, TX. I bought a box with a 2600 and about 50 games. And one of those games was Air Raid. I contacted AtariAge and they authenticated it. I need help trying to value this in the current condition. Its in good cosmetic shape for its age and label is good. The only thing is the pins are dirty and I don't feel comfortable trying to clean them due to risk of damaging the cart or board. Another thing is you need to remove the label the open the cartridge due to screws under it. The game plays but the picture is distorted as shown. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wow!! Talk about luck!!! Congrats.

atari181 what does this game go for in this condition? Does anyone know how many of these actually exist. That would be great if it was just rf interference or just dirty.

I am going to be looking to sell it soon. Just don't know where to list it yet.

A few years ago , one sold for $2,500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261343505771?rmvSB=true

It really seems there are more than 50 AirRaids at now. A lot more than many other games. I bet 10+ have been found in the past 3 years. I have seen at least 50 on Ebay since 1997, but some of those are the same one being resold, but still many people now have it in their collection.

This is not a true statement. a little over 10 have been found since 2005. And there were less than 10 before that accounted for. Atari Age has a registry for the game and trys to track it and so do I, I know 4 on the list who have sold theirs. I also own one and im not on the list. By my count we are at 23 total found now and that includes the 3 boxed ones.

The cart should not sell for less than $2500 on the open market. With some High End collectors out there now from the Nintendo side they are also hunting the Grails of Atari, Intellivision and Coleco just to say they have them and investing in them. This could add some serious value to Air Raid.

Maybe the seller should start bidding around $2000 and see what happens? There has not been much activity on this cart lately.

• Like 3

This is not a true statement. a little over 10 have been found since 2005. And there were less than 10 before that accounted for. Atari Age has a registry for the game and trys to track it and so do I, I know 4 on the list who have sold theirs. I also own one and im not on the list. By my count we are at 23 total found now and that includes the 3 boxed ones.

The cart should not sell for less than $2500 on the open market. With some High End collectors out there now from the Nintendo side they are also hunting the Grails of Atari, Intellivision and Coleco just to say they have them and investing in them. This could add some serious value to Air Raid.

Maybe the seller should start bidding around $2000 and see what happens? There has not been much activity on this cart lately.

Damn I was not aware that they had found that many! 23, is that verified? Also I was aware of two boxed ones but when did the third materialise?

Would you say then, that a loose VideoLife should be worth more? Since only 20 were made, according to one of the CommaVid owners, I believe.

What about a CIB VideoLife? Or a NIB VideoLife? Should they come to the same level as a CIB AirRaid?