IGNORED

AT Games Intellivision Flashback 2 coming this fall..........

I would pay $129.99 or even $150 as long as these stupid machines worked as good as an SNES classic. Or Didn't keep releasing the same shit games with them. No one fuckin plays basic math or fun with numbers . However getting Activision on board with this madness is a step in the right direction

• Like 1

And you apparently can't get quality no matter how many dollars you put in that jar rendering your honey irrelevant. Or disappointing iteration after reiteration. No one at Atgames is listening. Being nice was 4 flashbacks ago. This is ridiculous now. I want my f@#$#ing games the way they w ere meant to be or don't touch them at all.

• Like 1

And you apparently can't get quality no matter how many dollars you put in that jar rendering your honey irrelevant. Or disappointing iteration after reiteration. No one at Atgames is listening. Being nice was 4 flashbacks ago. This is ridiculous now. I want my f@#$#ing games the way they w ere meant to be or don't touch them at all.

AtGames is listening. There's what's practical to change and what is not practical to change. Some things take more time, sometimes years. And to address your earlier statement about the wireless controllers, the IR controllers were discontinued with the 2016 models. The 2017 models use a Bluetooth-like wireless that doesn't require line-of-sight. Again, there is nothing I can do for someone like you except to tell you to wait and see what the next iteration is like. Perhaps you'll like that or perhaps you won't be satisfied until 2019 or 2020. I don't know. But things have indeed been getting better over the past few years and big steps will continue to be taken. And no, AtGames is not Nintendo, but then few companies are like Nintendo with their billions in the bank and 129 years in business. That should be the standard to meet or beat, but again, it's not exactly easy to do so. Simply wanting it is not enough.

• Like 2

I would pay $129.99 or even $150 as long as these stupid machines worked as good as an SNES classic. Or Didn't keep releasing the same shit games with them. No one fuckin plays basic math or fun with numbers . However getting Activision on board with this madness is a step in the right direction

$150 is a little steep and close to modern day console territory in price. However, AtGames products do have a lot of room to improve in regards to performance and aesthetics. I am sure that Bill is more than well aware of this, as are the other people in AtGames. However, I will say we don't know what their financial situation is and/or to what degree of manufacturing ability they have access to. Nintendo has shown what the gold standard for a plug-n-play console should be like. Unlike Nintendo, I don't think Retro-Bit, Hyperkin, and/or AtGames have the deep pockets that Nintendo does, thus limiting what they can do product wise. Still, once again, something (like a regular Atari FB8 with 105 games) is better than nothing. Still, I do see your points and hopefully the quality of emulation and hardware itself improves dramatically for AtGames, and with other products from other companies as well.

$150 is a little steep and close to modern day console territory in price. However, AtGames products do have a lot of room to improve in regards to performance and aesthetics. I am sure that Bill is more than well aware of this, as are the other people in AtGames. However, I will say we don't know what their financial situation is and/or to what degree of manufacturing ability they have access to. Nintendo has shown what the gold standard for a plug-n-play console should be like. Unlike Nintendo, I don't think Retro-Bit, Hyperkin, and/or AtGames have the deep pockets that Nintendo does, thus limiting what they can do product wise. Still, once again, something (like a regular Atari FB8 with 105 games) is better than nothing. Still, I do see your points and hopefully the quality of emulation and hardware itself improves dramatically for AtGames, and with other products from other companies as well.

It's also not a price point most retailers would touch. The AtGames products have to hit a certain price point, or retailers won't carry them. That's why there are the two SKU, one a value one, and the higher priced HD one. The only reason why we were able to make the higher priced HD one is because Nintendo had released the NES Mini at a higher price point, proving that such a system could still sell in that range. Going any higher simply won't be possible for mass market products (categorized as toys) like these.

With that said, technology marches on and there are a lot of things that are being improved behind the scenes that will not impact the cost of the products. Again, 2018 is going to be at least as exciting as 2017 was with all the new changes. And yes, even more - if not all, of course - of the "issues" that people like "sn8k" talk about will also go away.

• Like 1

With that said, technology marches on and there are a lot of things that are being improved behind the scenes that will not impact the cost of the products. Again, 2018 is going to be at least as exciting as 2017 was with all the new changes. And yes, even more - if not all, of course - of the "issues" that people like "sn8k" talk about will also go away.

Sounds great Bill. I know a lot of people are very much looking forward to it, myself included. Not everyone can get things right and it can take a long time to be in a position to upgrade things significantly. I think Nintendo has spoiled a lot of people's opinions as they have made some great plug-n-play products with the NES and SNES Classics, but their financial, programming, and manufacturing resources are far greater than companies like Hyperkin, Retro-Bit, and (I am sure unless I am wrong) AtGames. As a result, people just think products like the NES and SNES Classics can be produced by anyone, and that just simply is not the case.

Ok "Bill", I'll be back here in 2 years time to tell you and everyone else in here

What I already know. We will have more expensive consoles out of Atgames that are still complete garbage. Mind you, I'm really hoping you win and make me look ridiculous. That's how bad I want you to finally deliver something that doesn't feel like it came from North Korea and actually works like a real console. The day you provide a seamless experience will probably be in 2046 at this pace if you honestly believe Atgames is gonna do anything by 2020. If 8 iterations can't fix your problems, then another 8 won't do any better. You should be able to do it right now with how many years youve been currently doing it.

Hyperkin released the SupaBoy S. That shit is nearly perfect. It feels just like the super nintendo plastic. EXACT. It feels like an official product. If Hyperkin can manage a near perfect super nintendo portable, especially on their second iteration you have no excuse after 8. Period.

It's also not a price point most retailers would touch. The AtGames products have to hit a certain price point, or retailers won't carry them. That's why there are the two SKU, one a value one, and the higher priced HD one. The only reason why we were able to make the higher priced HD one is because Nintendo had released the NES Mini at a higher price point, proving that such a system could still sell in that range. Going any higher simply won't be possible for mass market products (categorized as toys) like these.

• Like 1

Ok "Bill", I'll be back here in 2 years time to tell you and everyone else in here

What I already know. We will have more expensive consoles out of Atgames that are still complete garbage. Mind you, I'm really hoping you win and make me look ridiculous. That's how bad I want you to finally deliver something that doesn't feel like it came from North Korea and actually works like a real console. The day you provide a seamless experience will probably be in 2046 at this pace if you honestly believe Atgames is gonna do anything by 2020. If 8 iterations can't fix your problems, then another 8 won't do any better. You should be able to do it right now with how many years youve been currently doing it.

Hyperkin released the SupaBoy S. That shit is nearly perfect. It feels just like the super nintendo plastic. EXACT. It feels like an official product. If Hyperkin can manage a near perfect super nintendo portable, especially on their second iteration you have no excuse after 8. Period.

Just to be clear "sn8k" (and the reason I use the quotes is because I'm separating your anonymous name from the rest of the text for clarity - you don't really have to do that with "Bill" since I didn't mean it as a slight), I have real no interest in winning you over, convincing you otherwise, or making you look anything. I'm merely telling you the facts as I see them like I always do. The fact is, things have improved in the past few years, and things are being improved again for this year. There has been and will continue to be room for improvement. There's some things we do better than Nintendo with their Minis, and there's some things we do much worse. That's not a news flash. You don't have to believe anything. If the 2018 products (or beyond) don't satisfy you for any reason whatsoever, I understand. As for Hyperkin, they also make good and bad products, but they also have a poor reputation for using open source emulators inappropriately. I can assure you that AtGames does not and will not do things like that. Anyway, yes, every company has their pluses and minuses, and their fans and haters. That's the way this works.

• Like 4

I would take Hyperkin over Atgames anyday. First Snes, shit, second attempt. Beautiful. Supaboy, shit. Supaboy s? Incredible. Those are people who listen. Their products made leaps and bounds from one to the next. There is no excuse for why Atgames can't do the same and take the same approach to quality. Atleast we have 10 different Ataris to choose from and only one of them is worth having and it's the one Atgames didn't even make but used same box to mimmick its true awesomeness.

Hyperkin just feels better built. Better plastics. Better hardware and i have no doubt if emulation was involved with use of said better hardware, maybe everyone would see how big of a joke Atgames really is. I really want to be wrong here. Seriously. I happen to love the things they butcher.i just wish someone stepped up and got rid of these clowns. I gotta wait to 2020 to maybe finally have what ive been steadily waiting for all this time when it was done already to perfection 10 years ago. Trust me. This is more ridiulous than im making it seem. Now im gnna get mea new genesis case and take something to that atgames logo to get it off the model 1 case. A pi is goin in that thing lol

Sounds great Bill. I know a lot of people are very much looking forward to it, myself included. Not everyone can get things right and it can take a long time to be in a position to upgrade things significantly. I think Nintendo has spoiled a lot of people's opinions as they have made some great plug-n-play products with the NES and SNES Classics, but their financial, programming, and manufacturing resources are far greater than companies like Hyperkin, Retro-Bit, and (I am sure unless I am wrong) AtGames. As a result, people just think products like the NES and SNES Classics can be produced by anyone, and that just simply is not the case.

• Like 1

Maybe you should talk with Cardillo and ask them about building a retro console for you. Might put your butthurt towards AtGames in perspective.

If you love the Genesis so much hunt down an actual system or a CV and buy the carts you want?

I personally don't think there's much of a market for an expensive ($80 or higher) CV flashback. No one would buy it beyond hardcore retrogamers. General public doesnt know nor care about Coleco. Most have heard of Atari though.

• Like 2

That's a joke right? You do NO things better than Nintendo. Facts. Nothing. Not a damn thing. In no way shape or form do your products compete in any category what so ever. You're out to lunch dude. How ever I do admire the loyalty to your bosses and veracity to your claims. They just aren't factual what so ever. The proof to mine are countless reviews to almost anything that bares the name "Atgames". It boggles the mind people still buy your bullshit products willingly. Even me who will gut them inevitably to make something better.

Do some things better..... thats the funniest thing I've heard all day. Im done on this debate. Just prove me wrong. All I ask. I do want to play these the way they are meant to be played. Its just ridiculous you havent doneit by now and lack the capability with how many iterations of this sub par nonsense have been released by YOU. For years on end I might add and am willing to guess for many more to come. I care about this shit. You are so far giving it a horrible name. You have made Genesis look like a joke. Clones themselves are jokes for the most part but you give new meaning to the term. Atgames is bottom of the barrel crap with massive exposure. Don't know who got sucked off for that to become a reality. Make me proud. Lookin forward to it. Or backwards depending on these "improvements".

Just to be clear "sn8k" (and the reason I use the quotes is because I'm separating your anonymous name from the rest of the text for clarity - you don't really have to do that with "Bill" since I didn't mean it as a slight), I have real no interest in winning you over, convincing you otherwise, or making you look anything. I'm merely telling you the facts as I see them like I always do. The fact is, things have improved in the past few years, and things are being improved again for this year. There has been and will continue to be room for improvement. There's some things we do better than Nintendo with their Minis, and there's some things we do much worse. That's not a news flash. You don't have to believe anything. If the 2018 products (or beyond) don't satisfy you for any reason whatsoever, I understand. As for Hyperkin, they also make good and bad products, but they also have a poor reputation for using open source emulators inappropriately. I can assure you that AtGames does not and will not do things like that. Anyway, yes, every company has their pluses and minuses, and their fans and haters. That's the way this works.

• Like 1

I have to speak to no one as I already have a while ago about reverse engineering a colecovision and remaking it in higher quality. I was quoted at $1300. The controllers were 300, elecrronics were 200 and the console shell was the most expensive part of it. Requiring 3d printing as injection moulding is apparently much more expensive. Thats one console. Not mass produced, price would go down per unit obviously but that was never my intention. There would only be one in my possession. I thought of calling it the Coleco Eve, as there was an Adam already. A new console that won't crap out every so often with crap power switches or faulty adaptors. Only thing stopping me is custom work im waiting to get done on my car before spring. Last year was hectic and i had to unexpectedly relocate and couldnt really spend alot. Or I would have had it last year. Im thinking next year after Ive settled into a permanent house, this Coleco is getting made, and possibly a super secret game that isnt already on the 2600 that may or may not see the light of day, but things were going extremely well last time I've looked at it. In terms of Genesis, I have an original model 1 with 73 games, most boxed. Im missing only a handful of games that are must haves for me. They are just 150-200 boxed so they will have to wait. Getting a working, future proofed colecovision is my priority and has been for a while now.

Maybe you should talk with Cardillo and ask them about building a retro console for you. Might put your butthurt towards AtGames in perspective.

If you love the Genesis so much hunt down an actual system or a CV and buy the carts you want?

I personally don't think there's much of a market for an expensive ($80 or higher) CV flashback. No one would buy it beyond hardcore retrogamers. General public doesnt know nor care about Coleco. Most have heard of Atari though.

It was also going to be shrunk slightly. The 14 inch length of the console doesn't fit into any ofthe slots in my stacked entertainment unit. I got an empty spot just waiting for 10 glorious inches of a new revised Colecovision to inhabit it. God knows Atgames cant make one if their lives depended on it.

Surprisingly though, the intellivision Flashback was the best reviewed one when it came to quality of the system and controllers and of course thats the one I cant find. But there are sub par Atari 8's everywhere. Which I own and no surprise am slightly disappointed with it.

The Intellivision Flashback had the benefit of Intellivision Productions involvement, people that cared about the product. Not saying that atgames doesn't care, but they likely don't have people that know about these things.

Like Bill said, the people here on atariage are not the target market for these things. They have to sell hundreds of thousands of them and if they make them to be more expensive they won't sell. People here should already know how to emulate genesis and coleco vision games without flashbacks. I'm an Intellivision fan but it makes no difference to me if flashbacks were made at all. I have original controllers and I don't need a cheap plastic case to stuff a raspbery pi in to emulate these games. I think the Intellivision Flashbacks are great they are a nice source of Intellivision controllers. But as has been said, they didn't sell all that well; and new editions will likely never have tron deadly discs or mazeatron among others.

Edit: There are people working on making all new coleco vision replacement systems. They will be hardware compatible not software emulation. You should check them out.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

That's a joke right? You do NO things better than Nintendo. Facts. Nothing. Not a damn thing. In no way shape or form do your products compete in any category what so ever. You're out to lunch dude. How ever I do admire the loyalty to your bosses and veracity to your claims. They just aren't factual what so ever. The proof to mine are countless reviews to almost anything that bares the name "Atgames". It boggles the mind people still buy your bullshit products willingly. Even me who will gut them inevitably to make something better.

Do some things better..... thats the funniest thing I've heard all day. Im done on this debate. Just prove me wrong. All I ask. I do want to play these the way they are meant to be played. Its just ridiculous you havent doneit by now and lack the capability with how many iterations of this sub par nonsense have been released by YOU. For years on end I might add and am willing to guess for many more to come. I care about this shit. You are so far giving it a horrible name. You have made Genesis look like a joke. Clones themselves are jokes for the most part but you give new meaning to the term. Atgames is bottom of the barrel crap with massive exposure. Don't know who got sucked off for that to become a reality. Make me proud. Lookin forward to it. Or backwards depending on these "improvements".

Yes, there's a cartridge port, more built-in games, wireless controllers, etc., so there are some things that are "better" on the AtGames side, and that will go a step or two further with the 2018 models (along with other, even more important technical improvements that will get it more to parity with other areas, like emulation quality). There are lots of downsides to being much smaller than a company like Nintendo, but the ability to incorporate features a company like a Nintendo either doesn't want to or doesn't have to is certainly at least some type of advantage to being a small-fry.

Also, I don't know what your specific problem is. I get you don't like AtGames. We all do. Really. That's fine. Like I said, I'm not interested in convincing you or anyone else that something is good or bad, and I'm certainly not interested in cheerleading. I'm merely trying to explain why things are the way they are and what is actually going on in terms of R&D, each as far as I'm able, just like I've always done. If you don't want that insight, then please ignore me. I know that others appreciate that, and I know that I'd love that type of insight from those who are associated with other companies. More often than not, we don't get that.

• Like 8

The Intellivision Flashback had the benefit of Intellivision Productions involvement, people that cared about the product. Not saying that atgames doesn't care, but they likely don't have people that know about these things.

Like Bill said, the people here on atariage are not the target market for these things. They have to sell hundreds of thousands of them and if they make them to be more expensive they won't sell. People here should already know how to emulate genesis and coleco vision games without flashbacks. I'm an Intellivision fan but it makes no difference to me if flashbacks were made at all. I have original controllers and I don't need a cheap plastic case to stuff a raspbery pi in to emulate these games. I think the Intellivision Flashbacks are great they are a nice source of Intellivision controllers. But as has been said, they didn't sell all that well; and new editions will likely never have tron deadly discs or mazeatron among others.

Edit: There are people working on making all new coleco vision replacement systems. They will be hardware compatible not software emulation. You should check them out.

There are plenty of people who "care" on the AtGames side, including me, but again, it's a complex process. You can care all you want, but if the resources aren't there, one thing or another simply can't be addressed. Again, these are low-priced, mass market toys, and delivery needs to happen within a very specific window and at a very specific cost under very specific requirements set by retailers. With that said, we are definitely building off the 2017 momentum and the 2018 products are looking really great. I'm particularly excited about the emulation and added features. I think a LOT of people will be surprised. Time will tell, of course. It's put up or shut up.

In terms of an Intellivision Flashback 2, we actually made great progress in getting some of the "missing" third party games. Likely you'll see the fruits of that in our other products in 2018 before an Intellivision Flashback 2, however.

As for the ColecoVision replacement systems, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I definitely want the one that does ColecoVision, Atari 2600, MSX, etc., particularly since the 99% of my collection I got rid of included all of those systems.

• Like 6

Wait I can use the INTV flashback controllers on my old system?

I think it's fair to say that without Intellivision Productions, the Intellivision flashback controllers would not have been as close to original or as compatible. Atgames still managed to screw up the compatibility but not so much that we can't work around it. That's not because atgames doesn't care but likely because they didn't know.

Not sure why anyone here would complain about atari or other flashback controllers. How can you expect two quality controllers for under $40. Most people here should already have controllers they like to use anyway. The Intellivision controllers, being so unique were the most important ones and they did a nice job.

Yes you can use Intellivision flashback controllers with any original Intellivision, Intellivision II, or Sears Super Video Arcade. You have to rewire the pinout, or get an adapter from atariage user Nurmix or Intellivision Productions store. Edited by mr_me

Yes, with an adapter made by Nurmix. I'm not sure if he's still offering them or not, but there's a thread on here. There were also adapters made for the ColecoVision Flashback controllers. I'm not a fan of those, but some people liked them.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say that without Intellivision Productions, the Intellivision flashback controllers would not have been as close to original or as compatible. Atgames still managed to screw up the compatibility but not so much that we can't work around it. That's not because atgames doesn't care but likely because they didn't know.

Not sure why anyone here would complain about atari or other flashback controllers. How can you expect two quality controllers for under $40. Most people here should already have controllers they like to use anyway. The Intellivision controllers, being so unique were the most important ones and they did a nice job.

I actually like the Atari Flashback controllers. I think the looser stick is more accommodating to modern tastes than the stiffer originals. The latter can be especially hard for kids these days to use. We were fine with it of course because that's what we grew up with.

Yes, as people have said above...with one of two different adapters from Nurmix. I actually prefer them as they have better side buttons, in my opinion. I bought 2 extra Flashbacks just so I could get extra controllers to use with nurmix's adapters.

More to the point of this thread, I am very much for another Intellivision FB. I am also looking forward to the improvements that AtGames is planning for the other FB lines, whether that is for Atari, Sega, CV, etc. While there are negatives with AtGames products, there are negatives with the products from Hyperkin, Nintendo, and others as well. Conversely, there are plenty of positives from the products that AtGames and others do. I, personally, find it amazing that you can spend $80 to get 130 Atari 2600 games. That is really cool in-of-itself as I couldn't have imagined something like what AtGames is putting out 10 or 15 years ago. Makes me wonder what they will have for us this year and/or even in the next few.