IGNORED

F/S: Air Raid by Men-A-Vision for Atari 2600

aservantes

7 years ago one sold for $1400. The last one loose recorded on price charting was 3 years ago for $2800 a year before that it was $2500.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/atari-2600/air-raid#completed-auctions-used

So the price definitely rebounded. Considering how long ago the last one sold this one could probably top that. I am sure there are a few people who having been waiting on the next one to come up for sale.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody has gone after this for $2500 even the $2750 he was asking except for him being a new user. I would throw this bad boy on ebay. I know people hate ebay but ebay gets the buyers and the money.

Honestly based off previous sales I would expect to get over $3000 on ebay. Well with an established account anyhow.

Send me the game and I will sell it for you :) Give you the $2500 and keep the rest lol. I'd bin that thing for about $5000 and wait for it to get views and then take a decent offer.

I think it's the "new user" thing that is holding people back on this. OP, if you have feedback on another forum or something, that might help you out big time. People tend to be wary with new members, especially these days with so many scams going on.

All that said, I'd probably take the gamble myself if I had the funds. It's not often a rare title like this comes up for sale publicly.

• Like 1

I think it's the "new user" thing that is holding people back on this. OP, if you have feedback on another forum or something, that might help you out big time. People tend to be wary with new members, especially these days with so many scams going on.

I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the small audience not that he is a new member.

Anyone who pays him or anyone else with a credit card through Paypal is more than covered on any transaction.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure it has everything to do with the small audience not that he is a new member.

Anyone who pays him or anyone else with a credit card through Paypal is more than covered on any transaction.

Fair enough. I've seen elsewhere though that people are wary of new users for various reasons. Also, even if you're covered in the event of fraud and whatnot, some people won't want to deal with the hassle in that eventuality. Not saying it'll happen here, just that it can and does happen elsewhere. That's the world we live in these days.

But yeah, I think the number of people that both want the game and can afford it is fairly small at this point. I know I would love to add it to my collection, but I just don't have the funds, or any way to GET the funds in a reasonable amount of time to try and work something out. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

OP, I wish you luck! It's a tough time to be a seller, but hang in there and someone'll snag it for sure!

Hi Andy, I'm an established ebay user- bravebluerx, and longtime lurker/reader on the forums. Question for you; has the cartridge case been opened up? Looks like there is some separation between the plastic seams of the cartridge like a pry mark about the width of a screwdriver. Thanks.

Then again, these were made in a basement with "Men of Vision" :) So it might be solder marks from their own hands. I personally would use a q-tip and some isopropyl 90% (or better if available) and clean the cart connectors to try to get a clean picture out of it in a console. Cleaning it isn't going to damage it.

Interested, but have a few questions

For the group: Would dirty cartridge contacts cause a black and white game screen?

I am pretty sure that is because of the Scan line count. Air Raid acts very much like a PAL game. Many people actually call it a PAL game. You can search the forums and find lots of discussions on this topic.

I am pretty sure that is because of the Scan line count. Air Raid acts very much like a PAL game. Many people actually call it a PAL game. You can search the forums and find lots of discussions on this topic.

That makes sense. Maybe if he tries it on a old school CRT it will look better...

I would also suggest putting this on ebay for a bin of like $5,000 or BO only to get interested buyers to email you. I would then conduct a private sale outside of ebay. That is how I sold my last 3 really high value items.

Hate this strategy

• Like 1

Hate this strategy

Of course you do lol. As a buyer the goal is to get stuff as cheap as possible. As a seller the goal is to get as much as possible. Doing this strategy is more like a concealed bid auction, where you can make an offer but if you are not the highest you do not get it. That ensures people offer the maximum and not a low offer hoping to nab a deal. Plus on rare games such as these many people like to keep their identity and how much they paid confidential.

So this strategy is a very good one for items of great value like this one.

Of course you do lol. As a buyer the goal is to get stuff as cheap as possible. As a seller the goal is to get as much as possible. Doing this strategy is more like a concealed bid auction, where you can make an offer but if you are not the highest you do not get it. That ensures people offer the maximum and not a low offer hoping to nab a deal. Plus on rare games such as these many people like to keep their identity and how much they paid confidential.

So this strategy is a very good one for items of great value like this one.

It still sucks.