IGNORED

Atari 600XL 64K ram = XEGS?

jacob_jub

I always thought the XEGS had the same as the 130XE, but that the XLs were a slightly older OS revision? Either way compatibility on all of them are pretty good. It's just a shame there weren't many if any at all games that'd fully utilize the 128k machines. Though I know of a few that took advantage of extra memory if you had them (AR was awesome, with far less disk swapping).

The OS of XEGS is unique but similar enough to stock XL and XE that there should be no difference for games.

Not sure if there are incompatibilities in software on XL/XE that relate to OS revision alone - there are some things you can do which can cause problems on certain revisions but not others.

I always thought the XEGS had the same as the 130XE, but that the XLs were a slightly older OS revision? Either way compatibility on all of them are pretty good. It's just a shame there weren't many if any at all games that'd fully utilize the 128k machines. Though I know of a few that took advantage of extra memory if you had them (AR was awesome, with far less disk swapping).

I thought there were minor differences between XL and XE os too, nothing compatibility killing like going from 800->XL though. Also Atari Basic on XEs finally fixed the system-hang bugs that plagued XL and 400/800 BASIC

As far as I know all XE game cartridges work on all XL/XE models with 64K. And some XE games still work on the 400/800 with 48K, but there are about as many XE games that require 64K as there are some early 400/800 cartridges that won't work on XL/XE's. You're safe with a 64K 600XL though.

Edited by Gunstar

Something looks bad here... Bright window reflection: obvious, but:

The first two pictures look really bad. Space Harrier looks much better.

Are you using RF input to the TV? There's a bad connection somewhere. Better yet, get a monitor cable.

Edit: I had to read that again and again before it sank in that you said that's a super video mod. I hope it only a case of bad camera :)

Edited by Kyle22