IGNORED

I love Video Pinball

Video

Hey, this game rules, it's just so simple, it's one of the games I always have to play everytime I sit down for a bout with my 2600 or 7800.

I just got one nagging question....why are there no other pinball games on the 2600? I'd figure huge mostly empty screens with only a few moving objects would be a common game for people to make.

Or were their other Pinball games?

I actually really like good ol' Video Pinball myself. It was one of the VERY first games I got with my Atari on Chirstmas morning 1981. One thing I adore about it that I've never seen on any other computer pinball game is the way it 'tilts' Giving that ball just a tiny push (not too much now!) in the direction you want it to go makes the game much more interesting than the average pinball game.

Coincidentally, I recently was able to score a Bumper Bush (for much less than the usual price since it had no labels) It also is a cool game (no tilt, though), but I was less than thrilled with the two paddle control scheme myself. What works GREAT for me with that game is holding a Track and Field controller upside down! So to all 3 of you out there who actually own both a BB cart and a T&F controller, give it a try!

ME TOO!

(uh oh...broke the rules...better write something quick before the mods catch me)

Yep, it was a fun game. I remember I picked this game out of a bargain bin in 1984, and although I was skpetical about the primitive graphics, it turned out to be a *really* fun game. I loved the way you could "nudge" the ball in the right direction, and rack up a huge amount of points with those awesome sound effects.

Wow, cool, I didn't know about those. I'm definately going to look for those two now.

Yeah, The graphics are simple on ideo Pinball, but the game was extremely playable. I thought about building a pinball controller just for this one game. Now I'll have to find three :D

Thanks a lot.

god i love video pinball, there is just something about it. I wonder if that talented gentleman who made those awesome level editors for mini golf & hangman could do the same for video pinballl.... it would be fun to make your own tables :)

I had programmer Bob Smith autograph my copy of Video Pinball while I was at CGE last year. He's a very cool guy, I hope to see him again this year. I don't know why I like Video Pinball, the graphics really haven't aged well (it's kinda blocky even for a 2600 game), and the ball physics are much better in Midnight Magic ot Bumper Bash, but it just has some weird kinda charm.

Tempest

I would like to annouce that this is the perfect thread!!!!!!

Boy, I haven't posted in a while but I had to come out of the woodworks for this one!

I haven't spent much time playing Bumper Bash but I've broke a few joysticks playing Midnight Magic and Video Pinball! Many, many hours!

I would like to annouce that this is the perfect thread!!!!!!

Boy, I haven't posted in a while but I had to come out of the woodworks for this one!

I haven't spent much time playing Bumper Bash but I've broke a few joysticks playing Midnight Magic and Video Pinball! Many, many hours!

• 5 weeks later...

Yay, I just got in Midnight Magic. Paid 11$ for itshipping and everything, but I think it was well worth it.

What an awesome game. I knew Video Pinball didn't look all that great even for an atari game, But I had no Idea that they could do that level of detail on the board.

Anyhow, Midnight's an awesome game. The physics seem a lot better than Video pinball, and it certainly seems to play faster. Of course, to me anyways, it seems a lot easier to get a high score on it too. I only played it a day and already got to the 250,000 mark.

does it role over at 999,999?

Archived