IGNORED

Somebody repair my 5200

CopterCommando

first thing to probably try is clean the carts http://atariage.com/howto/clean_cartridges.htmluse a high percentage rubbing alcohol (like 90%) should have it Wal-mart or grocery store

some good tips on cleaning the controllers on youtube , can use same supplies

ideally would be best for someone local to help you tinker with it. where are you located roughly ?

Just got it today, worked for about an hour then the picture went screwy, and one of the controls is pretty filthy and will not work at all. I am not in the least bit tech savvy and will probably make things worse if i attempt it myself, so somebody help me haha.......

If you just got it an and it worked only briefly, i might consider sending it back.

• Like 1

I ended up getting another one from a guy who refurbishes them and it works just fine, so that's all good. Gonna keep the box, power supply, and one good controller from the other one anyway as backups. If anybody wants this screwy console and other controller to take on a project for themselves, I will offer it up for the cost of shipping and nothing more. Also does anyone think you might be able to mod a Colecovision controller for 5200? Have a few extra of those and would be willing to let them be used as guinea pigs ha, seems like it might be a better alternative to the regular 5200 controller if it's actually possible.....