IGNORED

Got this Beauty today at a flea market

cncfreak

Well I went to a Monday flea market and got everything for $45. The new old stock joystick definitely looks new but had to test and it works. One of the joysticks I believe is the CX-10. I can say the button makes a clicky noise and when I use the joystick it actually creaks hehe. One small thing I just want to confirm this is a Heavy-Sixer? Also the unit has a small problem and wanted to see if anyone knew what the fix was. The second joystick port is stuck in firing position. Besides that all works and the system is in great condition.

WSGhd2Z.jpg

t4v7MvU.jpg

uIG3WeB.jpg

• Like 12

yup that's a heavy sixer , the CX-10 joystick doesn't say "top" like your cx-40 it creaks and groans and is awesome

also I see you have fuji labeled paddles which are nice & the gatefold Combat

as for the firing issue , my guess would be the 4050 hex buffer chip

• Like 1

As far as the help you needed. There are a few components to look out for. Here is the field service manual pdf with schematic. http://kickass.ddnss.org/html/library/documents/2600FSM.pdf

Each port has pin 6 from the fire button go through a 220pF cap to ground and also from pin 6 to input of buffer and output then goes to the TIA chip. There is was a service bulletin about static discharge problem on the trigger lines(fire button) and a fix was to wrap a zener around the cap I mentioned above for each port. So I would say static discharge either damaged the buffer chip or the TIA. I didn't read too much into seeing what exactly it harmed just what the preventative measure was. You can find information about the zener mod on page 28 of the PDF and you can see your schematic on page 41 of the PDF. I would check everything connected to that part, TIA, buffer, and the cap, and also do the mod like discussed on page 28 and shown on figure 3.2 that you will see after you fix the problem. Hope that helps. Since it hits the buffer first my first bet would be the CD4050 buffer chip definitely. I got a drawer full of 8 or 9 of them wish I could give you one to test.

Edited by SignGuy81