IGNORED

Bubble Trouble and Krazy Ace Miniature Golf

LynxHandyCaster

This has probably been discussed on this forum before, and if it has, I apologize for bringing it back up, especially because ultimately the issue is probably more subjective than objective.

I am a relative newcomer to the Atari Lynx. I only bought my Lynx II four months ago, and already I've got 20 game carts. My primary goal is to collect all of the officially licensed commercially released games that came out during the life of the system (1989-1994); then afterwards, I'll concentrate on collecting the many homebrews and later releases.

But I have a question. The list I'm using to build this original collection, which I'm trying to make as definitive as possible (you can look at it here: LYNX.pdf), includes 73 originally released games. However, many of the lists I've seen online and even on the AtariAge forums number only 71; they often omit Bubble Trouble and/or Krazy Ace Miniature Golf. My question is, why are these two games commonly omitted from many (if not most) lists of commercially released original games for the Lynx? The information I've been able to find states that Krazy Ace was released in 1993, and Bubble Trouble was released in 1994. The only reason I can see is that both games (apparently) were released only on green PCBs, and that original boxes and/or manuals were not created for them (if at all) until much later. Are these are the reasons why these two games do not commonly appear on most collector's lists?

I know there are many seasoned Lynx collectors that can maybe answer that question as to why THEY don't include them. And as I said at the beginning, any list is pretty subjective so I can easily include them or not include them on my own list. I just would like a good reason why or why not to include them.

Thanks so much for any feedback.

-MillipedeMan

EAT SLEEP LYNX REPEAT

I'm not sure about Bubble Trouble, but Krazy Ace was a real release through Telegames. It came in a box and in a regular black cart/card (plain white Telegames label though). I took pictures of my copy, they're in another thread on AA.

• Like 1

This has probably been discussed on this forum before, and if it has, I apologize for bringing it back up, especially because ultimately the issue is probably more subjective than objective.

I am a relative newcomer to the Atari Lynx. I only bought my Lynx II four months ago, and already I've got 20 game carts. My primary goal is to collect all of the officially licensed commercially released games that came out during the life of the system (1989-1994); then afterwards, I'll concentrate on collecting the many homebrews and later releases.

But I have a question. The list I'm using to build this original collection, which I'm trying to make as definitive as possible (you can look at it here: LYNX.pdf), includes 73 originally released games. However, many of the lists I've seen online and even on the AtariAge forums number only 71; they often omit Bubble Trouble and/or Krazy Ace Miniature Golf. My question is, why are these two games commonly omitted from many (if not most) lists of commercially released original games for the Lynx? The information I've been able to find states that Krazy Ace was released in 1993, and Bubble Trouble was released in 1994. The only reason I can see is that both games (apparently) were released only on green PCBs, and that original boxes and/or manuals were not created for them (if at all) until much later. Are these are the reasons why these two games do not commonly appear on most collector's lists?

I know there are many seasoned Lynx collectors that can maybe answer that question as to why THEY don't include them. And as I said at the beginning, any list is pretty subjective so I can easily include them or not include them on my own list. I just would like a good reason why or why not to include them.

-MillipedeMan

EAT SLEEP LYNX REPEAT

Krazy Ace was one of the last original released games. Bubble Trouble wasn't released publicly until long after Lynx console production was canceled, but was an original Lynx game.

-MillipedeMan

EAT SLEEP LYNX REPEAT

Here is a link to the UK Telegames website store where you can purchase Krazy Ace.

Krazy Ace Miniature Golf

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=324_63_64&product_id=5286

Bubble Trouble is also available for purchase from Telegames website.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Welcome to the Lynx, here's a guide I started. I've not updated it in a while but may be of interest to you

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249856-a-handy-guide-to-the-atari-lynx

Great job on the manual, BadPricey!

I don't see World Class Fussball/Soccer on your list. Did I miss it? And what is your criteria for including (or not including) it or Bubble Trouble and Krazy Ace on your list?

Thanks.

Here is a link to the UK Telegames website store where you can purchase Krazy Ace.

Thank you for posting this. I gave up checking there for Krazy Ace, because it's always out of print and I just assumed it always will be that way. I've just ordered it, and it's the last game I need for a complete Lynx collection (just the commercial releases for me).

Thank you for posting this. I gave up checking there for Krazy Ace, because it's always out of print and I just assumed it always will be that way. I've just ordered it, and it's the last game I need for a complete Lynx collection (just the commercial releases for me).

Glad I could help. ✌

Also, you definately should check out Raiden and Road Riot. These were supposed to be commercial releases, but Atari canceled them from being released back in the day. These are two games that I highly recommend. They are very impressive ports. They are also available in Telegames website.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Great job on the manual, BadPricey!

I don't see World Class Fussball/Soccer on your list. Did I miss it? And what is your criteria for including (or not including) it or Bubble Trouble and Krazy Ace on your list?

Thanks.

Have you downloaded the latest version? You may have to go through the whole thread to find it. If you can't see it look in my profile, there's a website link ?

• Like 1

My QIX had an ad for Crazy Ace Miniature Golf and Chess Challenge in attract mode. I really wanted that mini golf game. When my mom drove me to Toys-R-Us for new games in 1994, they had discontinued everything and all games were gone from the shelves, so the four games I had as a child, I was stuck with until I started collecting again in 2014. :sad:

That said, despte being a late release and hard to find, I played Krazy Ace on my SainT flash cart and found it to be lackluster. I also played Chess and got my butt handed to me, having not touched a chessboard in years. I was probably much better at 14 than I am now at 36. Out of practice. Chess is kinda like a mental sport IMO. You gotta practice to stay good at it.

I could get good again. I got a couple strategy books and an old Tandy/RadioShack Chess computer somewhere.

• Like 2

I don't know if I've ever seen a regular (if you mean curved lip) Krazy Ace. I've seen green PCBs and black ones though...

You're right, I looked back at my picture and it's a black PCB: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/139277-going-for-the-cib-lynx-game-collection/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2076190

Glad I could help. ✌

Also, you definately should check out Raiden and Road Riot. These were supposed to be commercial releases, but Atari canceled them from being released back in the day. These are two games that I highly recommend. They are very impressive ports. They are also available in Telegames website.

I do have Raiden. I'll have to check out Road Riot. I didn't realize that actually saw a physical release, though I do remember seeing previews for it back in the day. There's a good chance I'll keep hunting down Lynx games above and beyond the commercial lot, since it seems to be an addiction.

• Like 1

I do have Raiden. I'll have to check out Road Riot. I didn't realize that actually saw a physical release, though I do remember seeing previews for it back in the day. There's a good chance I'll keep hunting down Lynx games above and beyond the commercial lot, since it seems to be an addiction.

Basically this. I started off all innocent... "just gonna collect the official releases"... then got a bit obsessed.

The problem is, it's impossible to get everything because there's always a level above, and it gets like an addiction.