IGNORED

8701 replacement: meet TOLB

eslapion

For a few months now, a replacement for the 8701 clock generator chip used on Commodore 64 boards 250425, SX-64, 250466, 250469 and the Commodore 128 has been in preparation. Works on the C64 Reloaded too!

A prototype has now been successfully tested. I present to you The Other Little Board (or 8701 upside down...) icon_wink.gif

Pricing is 11$US or 10 Euros per unit. Shipping cost is the same as with PLAnkton; shipping a small packet (up to 12 units) to the US is 7$. Shipping cost for Europe is 8 Euros, Australia and South America is 9$US.

The product is strictly shipped with antistatic protective packaging. It is covered by a 90 days money back guarantee and a 3 year replacement guarantee afterwards.

NTSC and PAL versions with appropriate frequency signals are available. Both versions cost the same price.

Main features:

• Gold plated pins
  • 3 year guarantee
  • Onboard oscillator makes it independent from the C64 crystal and easy to convert a C64 from PAL to NTSC and inversely
  • Consumes only 9mA of power (a genuine MOS 8701 consumes 25-30mA)

AVAILABLE NOW for both PAL and NTSC C64 and C128 computers!!

Please indicate your interest in this thread.

Feel free to ask all technical questions you may have.

post-58008-0-41092800-1494912024_thumb.jpg

Edited by eslapion

Cool. Pretty soon, another 50 years or so, all the classic computers will be assembled from replacement parts like this.

I assume you know what the C64 Reloaded is, right ?

Maybe you've heard about PLAnkton too ? It's a PLA replacement I also make and sell.

Sidenote: I strongly suspect I will be dead in another 50 years.

• 1 month later...