IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Langoliers, I think...Stephen King movie...

...and book: "…of the langoliers, who obviously did not know, they were lurking everywhere, behind every bush and tree, in every shadow, just over the horizon… The langoliers had come for all the foolish, lazy people, just as his father had always said they would."

• Like 2

Develop Less and Earn Money Without Effort

91idxO22WqL._SL1500_.jpg

Top Customer Reviews
Bymmmmmomon December 25, 2006
I'd give it zero stars but that is not an option on this form.

This virtual ping pong game does not work. The game unit either does not detect the paddles or crashes every time we try to play it. We have put in fresh batteries and tried everything. It could be that we have a malfunctioning unit, but it's not worth it to try to return it, buy another one and have our child disappointed all over again.

A piece of junk.
1 comment|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
ByVivon September 6, 2010
An absolute waste of money. The sensors do not work. I just threw mine in the garbage, $40 down the drain.
51p3RxqKcbL.jpg
Top Customer Reviews
Bybeatrice k.on September 7, 2016
Verified Purchase
broke the first day !

• Like 4

If I remember correctly they eat the past?

That was their actual purpose.

Possible Spoiler Alert?

When they hit the time anomaly, the people who got stuck at a fixed point in time were the ones sleeping, so the uptight guy thought it was laziness, like his father harassed him about.

Aww, that's not fair. You should show some favorable reviews, too. Like this one, from a Cardillo family member:

attachicon.gifSheila Cardillo reviews Chris Cardillo.png

People still say dope? Oh, New Jersey, never-mind :) No offense to any awesome AtariAge members from NJ, I love you unless you're last name is Cardillo!

• Like 1

Nice!

I still remember when me and some friends found some weird coin op videogame in a truck stop. They had a gameroom hidden away between areas, but away from the restaurant. I can't remember what it was called, but I want to say it played like a reverse QIX or thereabouts, but uncovering the picture would reveal a topless model in all her pixelated glory...We laughed so hard when we finally got the first pic revealed...And other random truckers were coming up to see what we were laughing at...Good Times!

lol, I have a similar memory except I think it was a coin-op strip poker at this particular truck stop. I recall us getting the model almost nude before we ran out of quarters. A trucker who had been watching comes over and says, "Let's see if we can't get her to show us her bush" (or something along those lines). He then popped in a few quarters and finished stripping the model for us. Good times, indeed.

• Like 3

In my world "dope" still means "marijuana".

Who is the person that reassigns words? Can anyone do it? I'm going to give it a try as see if it takes off.

That ColecoExpo is going to be the squash.

(Note : In the statement above "squash" now means "lame"

• Like 8

Aww, Eventbrite isn't showing the hall floor for Coleco Expo anymore ... so any exhibitor buying booth space is getting a pig in a poke.

Awww, I wanted to be right in the center of action and have my booths back to back. Now god knows if I will be in a good spot to sell popcorn and provide first aid for RFS (Repetitive Facepalm Syndrome).

• Like 2

Aww, Eventbrite isn't showing the hall floor for Coleco Expo anymore ... so any exhibitor buying booth space is getting a pig in a poke.

LOL. The expo was a joke to begin with and the circus Cardillo created made it even worse. Now THIS? Wow. I just think this will turn more potential ticket buyers away; people want to know what they're paying for.

• Like 1

Ben's vector files are here if anyone else wanted to look at them. I guess it was the same ones he said he said he would email to anyone that wanted. Only difference is it doesn't have "Coleco" and "Vision" in same line on these but otherwise same. http://www.benheck.com/Games/Coleco/ColecoP.htm Scroll down until you see "Bonus" in italics for the files.

• Like 2

Ben's vector files are here if anyone else wanted to look at them. I guess it was the same ones he said he said he would email to anyone that wanted. Only difference is it doesn't have "Coleco" and "Vision" in same line on these but otherwise same. http://www.benheck.com/Games/Coleco/ColecoP.htm Scroll down until you see "Bonus" in italics for the files.

Yeah, from looking at the multiple photos of the handheld on Ben's page, it appears RWB forgot to submit images of the back of the unit

post-31178-0-18756700-1497668698.png

Although I suspect the homebrew publishers have moved on, I recall a few members posting that they'd contribute to a GoFundMe to explore the feasibility of legal recourse. It would be interesting to run the situation past a trademark lawyer as part of a consultation to see what they saw as possible actions, if any, starting with Registration 3490101 where RWB used Ben's handheld as evidence of commercial use/interstate commerce to secure the rights to the word mark in 2008 -- which was then subsequently used (if I understand correctly) by RWB to compel AtGames to obtain a license to use the ColecoVision mark for the Flashback - the same rainbow mark that RWB is now seeking to register in the current application, with the Flashback offered as the application specimen.

• Like 4

In my world "dope" still means "marijuana".

Who is the person that reassigns words? Can anyone do it? I'm going to give it a try as see if it takes off.

That ColecoExpo is going to be the squash.

(Note : In the statement above "squash" now means "lame"

I think so since I could figure out what squash meant without your note.

ColeCo is a singer out of Argentina

Coleco Music is a mixer out of Canada

Both seem to have started while Coleco the brand resurrected from the leather company that made toys and games was finding its footing.

I wonder what Coleco Holdings' posture towards these other marks are? It makes it difficult to do a web search on their game brand. It probably doesn't help that the "official" Coleco has a stupid underscore after its Twitter name.

Maybe the long game is to break into music, or ride the coattails of the more popular artists? Though I think Three Beat Slide is more CC's speed.

• Like 2