IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

Hey, does anyone have an update on Team Savage?
Lots of progress and failure in the world of Team Savage since their last update:

FedEx Moves to Expand With Purchase of Kinko's

http://www.nytimes.c...of-kinko-s.html

No More Kinko's: FedEx Changes Copy Shops' Name

http://www.npr.org/t...toryId=91098071

So, I wonder if this is going to push back the release date of Knight Rider???

• Like 1

This thread is the game. Thank you for playing.

Anything different would have to involve a flux capacitor. But that would lead to a really boring game. Michael and KITT could nap their targets before they did anything illegal. BTTF, Minority Report, and Judge Dredd all rolled into one.

• Like 6

I think if someone is going tackle this, they should keep close to the original Hardwork design spec.

I've also kicked around the idea of taking on this project too, but my coding time is pretty limited these days. Pretty sure other coders have considered it too. Maybe it would be best tackled as a group effort.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Thanks Benny for turning me on to this and lighting up my life!

That being said, I have an importent announcement to make. My dedicated team of programmers is pleased to announce the release of Super Mario Galaxy for the Commodore PET! This will be a direct port. Do not underestimate the Power of my Team. We are pressing for a 3rd quarter 2018 release according to the Plan.

I think if someone is going tackle this, they should keep close to the original Hardwork design spec.

I've also kicked around the idea of taking on this project too, but my coding time is pretty limited these days. Pretty sure other coders have considered it too. Maybe it would be best tackled as a group effort.

When reading through this thread again after so many years I was surprised that there had actually been some mockups. Luckily, I don't like the tv show, so I'm not tempted to program this :), but I must say the mockups have some 80s look to them.

Just coded one screen for fun. Most of the mockups could probably also be done in batari basic.

kr.bin

kr.zip

Edited by Joe Musashi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Great to see this thread still going strong into its ELEVENTH YEAR! I honestly wonder what James "HardWork" Snyder must think about this, assuming he's still out there somewhere.

Whether we ever see a Knight Rider game doesn't matter; as Nukey said earlier, this thread IS the game. Long live Team Savage!

• Like 1

Is this game out yet?!?! Jeesh! Development time is taking longer than Duke Nukem Forever!

I suppose the Knight Rider could envisioned like a Spy Hunter like game with KITT as the player but without the machine guns.

Actually, a re-work of Bump-n-Jump would be better. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...