IGNORED

Not sure where to drop this / ataribox

dneedham

@mytek believe me, Curt and I have dealt with the current frog-mafia that run Atari at different times, and we would talk back and forth on this subject as a form of primal scream therapy. 

Lots of shop talked between us and other insiders and, yes. It is a scam. has been a scam since the word GO. 

Basically, Freddy wanted to drum up interest in an effort to inflate his now piece of shit penny stock in the hopes of using the crowd-funding interest as collateral for a buy-out. They hired someone who had worked a deal to cross license a previous product because he had crowd-funding experience (multiple scammed campaigns). When the buy-out didn't happen, they had to hire someone to salvage the project (Rob Wyatt), after half a year of non-payment, Rob quit and is now involved in a lawsuit with Freddy and the bunch.

So now, fast forward to today, you have multiple false starts, multiple incidents of non-payment to multiple people and vendors (this is Atari's M.O.), Roughly 3 million dollars, which seems to have been funneled into a crypto-coin venture, and nothing to show for it.

Scam. And I hope Freddy and the whole bunch burn in hell.

(Btw, there are multiple Atari lawsuits going on, including a big one they will absolutely lose. I will be surprised if they survive the year)

-Thom 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tschak909 said:

@mytek believe me, Curt and I have dealt with the current frog-mafia that run Atari at different times, and we would talk back and forth on this subject as a form of primal scream therapy. 

Lots of shop talked between us and other insiders and, yes. It is a scam. has been a scam since the word GO. 

Basically, Freddy wanted to drum up interest in an effort to inflate his now piece of shit penny stock in the hopes of using the crowd-funding interest as collateral for a buy-out. They hired someone who had worked a deal to cross license a previous product because he had crowd-funding experience (multiple scammed campaigns). When the buy-out didn't happen, they had to hire someone to salvage the project (Rob Wyatt), after half a year of non-payment, Rob quit and is now involved in a lawsuit with Freddy and the bunch.

So now, fast forward to today, you have multiple false starts, multiple incidents of non-payment to multiple people and vendors (this is Atari's M.O.), Roughly 3 million dollars, which seems to have been funneled into a crypto-coin venture, and nothing to show for it.

Scam. And I hope Freddy and the whole bunch burn in hell.

(Btw, there are multiple Atari lawsuits going on, including a big one they will absolutely lose. I will be surprised if they survive the year)

-Thom 

Hmmm, reminds me, I should get tacos for dinner.  :)  they should refund the backers with taco coupons at least.  "Celebrate the final death of Atari, at Del Taco!" 

Ha, I posted elsewhere that I think it will release this year.  After all, 2020 has been a shit show so far, like one long disaster movie.  Just like the Atari VCS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

Come on Nolan, buy them out.

:)

Would never work in this day and age my good man.  Nobody will accept smoking doobies, and having hot chicks in hot tubs.  Hot tubs melt snowflakes.  It was only a few years back Nolan was being called out for "sexist" shit in the mid 70s.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Would never work in this day and age my good man.  Nobody will accept smoking doobies, and having hot chicks in hot tubs.  Hot tubs melt snowflakes.  It was only a few years back Nolan was being called out for "sexist" shit in the mid 70s.

Yeah, wasn't it something like the outcry he did in the 70s (which by the way gave us the very Silicon Valley that we have now... yeah, Atari did that) and so he graciously did not accept the award for something... was a while ago and it has been a long day.

But anyhow, he was a visionary back then for sure, and it was a different time.  The thing that blows my mind is that pot is more legal now than it has ever been, yet everyone is so uptight about being offended and taking things too far.  Smoke a joint and lighten up, man.  Just space out for a while, and it will all be groovy.  I should get a hot tub.

Where was I?  Where am I?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

It's shipping! @_The Doctor__ got his. Here's a pic.

631481162.thumb.jpg.5a7af83dd8d44c6b7260018b93faae76.jpg

I got mine on Christmas Eve.  And now that I finally broke down and bought a Heavy Sixer, I have the 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, JagCD and VCS.  Not sure if I am missing any consoles with the Fuji on it (I only have one of the flashbacks)

Edited by leech
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

There are a million on eBay, etc. for sale now.

Checking just the first page of eBay search results for 'Atari VCS', I counted 20 up for auction or sale.

Flooding the market is a great way to ensure that both prices and value plummet.  Good job, speculators!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Checking just the first page of eBay search results for 'Atari VCS', I counted 20 up for auction or sale.

Flooding the market is a great way to ensure that both prices and value plummet.  Good job, speculators!

Not sure that's all they are, many people got just plain disgusted with the delay after delay after delay.  Just read the hostility on the Indiegogo page alone.  While I finally got my Onyx system and controller bundle, only the built in volume 1 atari bundle seems any good.  Volume 2 is a whole lot of old black and white arcade ports, buggy as hell and seems unfinished.  So far, not seeing a whole lot of Atari games on the Atari, which is sad.

Edited by 128Kgames

59 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Not sure that's all they are, many people got just plain disgusted with the delay after delay after delay.

Either way, same end result: supply outweighs demand and pricing for NIB units on the open market is below retail, in the sense that IGG was as close to retail as the system ever got.

If these ever do end up going into mass production, those backer units are not going to have much, if any, value above whatever's available from Wal-Mart and GameStop.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Wow - you mean I can't spend $400 on a literal piece of shit, and then flog it in EBay for $600.  Wow.  No wonder I have to work a real job rather than trying to turn every lump of feces I produce into a sellable piece of feces.

https://mitxpc.com/products/ibox-r1000 that is basically the exact same box.  Quite a bit more than the 300 for the VCS.

25 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Either way, same end result: supply outweighs demand and pricing for NIB units on the open market is below retail, in the sense that IGG was as close to retail as the system ever got.

If these ever do end up going into mass production, those backer units are not going to have much, if any, value above whatever's available from Wal-Mart and GameStop.

Being on the Discord server... many people bought multitudes of them.  I don't know how many of the ebay listings are just jerks who bought more than one fully with the intention of selling them at high prices on eBay though.

48 minutes ago, MrFish said:

I think the base unit is $300.

I don't really follow all the latest Pi tech, but I think it's a little more than your average $40 Pi.

Ha, anyone who says it is a RPi 4 doesn't know much about hardware.  Tried playing PS2 or Gamecube games on one?

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

My only question would be “How well does it run modern MAME?”

Got any games you wish me to try?  One of the most demanding games I know of is Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, and it... isn't quite there.  You get about 15fps. 

Then again the first CPU I ever had that could play that smoothly in MAME was the i7-6700k, which currently retails for close to 400 (that seems nuts for a processor that old).