IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Well, NASA is supposed to make a big announcement tomorrow, and all of the Planet X conspiracy people think they are going to announce that Planet Nibiru is coming to end the world, so you better eat tacos while you still can.

All kidding aside, I am not really expecting much of anything.... certainly nothing that will make me pledge money. I suppose in a way, it could get interesting, but not in a way that any one wants to see. With the Coleco Chameleon debacle, MK, etc were caught before they could take people's money and run. There is every chance that once this funding campaign gets going, people that are not as informed could start forking over money. Then this turns into "it hits the fan and spatters" interesting. Yes, people should do the research, but that is no excuse for money being taken if this is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

And if there is something, I don't expect it to be anything more than something that my daughter could order parts for off of the internet and build herself with a little research and elbow grease (As an aside, the really does like the 8 and 16 bit 2D style... haha... despite her mother's opinions about video games).

Ha, to be fair Planet X is a real thing that mathematically should be there according to what we know about celestial mechanics. Whether or not it is Nibiru I guess we will onluly know for sure if Annunaki come knocking on our doors and say "Yo, what up dawg, gots some tacos?" And we will say, "Yes, in this shiny new Atacobox, from Taco Bell."

• Like 3

You have no idea what I've done, but it's pretty clear that you're just a blowhard who has never figured out a way to develop an actual audience for your poorly produced videos and yet you keep on making them. I mean, there are literally young Youtubers just starting out that have larger views on a single video than all of your videos combined. In any event, your constant references to your awards and accomplishments tells me a lot about the kind of person you are. For someone who wants to get back to the topic, you sure have spent a lot of time bragging about things the rest of us see as meaningless and unimportant. Maybe you should take your own advice and stop the blind support for a product that has nothing to do with "Atari" other than the scraps of some ancient IP that many other companies have owned or licensed over the years and either participate in the discussion in a meaningful way or just go away as nobody here wants to be attacked or abused by you.

I love Biff's channel. I first learned how to clean carts from him, added some of my own tricks, and can now make carts look like new. I also like when he does a series like going in depth with the history and differences with Pong consoles for an example. I enjoy his on screen presence because instead of being some screaming kid that speaks too fast and randomly he carries himself more like a hippie/nerd hybrid almost like he has to take a big bong hit before explaining how to solve a Rubik's Cube because he seems so mellow. I think Biff is cool and I enjoy his channel. I just disagree with his stance on That Atacobox and think it is fun messing with him. Anyway, I strongly disagree that nobody here wants to be attacked or abused by him. I do. I want him to spank me, choke me, and pull my hair.

• Like 3

Ha, to be fair Planet X is a real thing that mathematically should be there according to what we know about celestial mechanics. Whether or not it is Nibiru I guess we will onluly know for sure if Annunaki come knocking on our doors and say "Yo, what up dawg, gots some tacos?" And we will say, "Yes, in this shiny new Atacobox, from Taco Bell."

Since Pluto isn't a planet anymore wouldn't it be Planet IX or do we just skip 9 now because our solar system is owned by Microsoft?

• Like 7

Since Pluto isn't a planet anymore wouldn't it be Planet IX or do we just skip 9 now because our solar system is owned by Microsoft?

The truth is that there are really twelve planets in the solar system. Their names are Ix, Nibiru, Ownsay, and Oxoc, and NASA will be revealing them today.

Ui4WsH3.png

• Like 3

To put some french sauce in the taco recipe:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/2017/12/14/97002-20171214FILWWW00087-atari-lancement-des-pre-commandes-decale.php

In other (english) words: We should not expect a campaign launch today because: "Les vérifications finales ont permis d'identifier des travaux complémentaires à réaliser pour lancer cette campagne et pour certains accessoires du produit" meaning: their final verifications have identified more work to be done for launching the campaign and for some of the console's accessories.

Come on Atari, just two days before they've sent the pre-Order Date Announcement email and now they have realized that they are not prepared to launch the campaign? Ohhhh so atarish!!!

Edited by elefas
  • Like 2

@Atari Twitter -- no mention that campaign starts on 12/14/17.

@Atariboxproject Twitter -- no mention.

@Ataribox Instagram -- no mention.

Ataribox.com -- no mention.

Ataribox Indiegogo -- no mention.

AtariboxOfficial Facebook -- While looking all these up, they "unpinned" 12/14/17 cover photo that was at the top of the page. It can still be found here, as of this writing.

Every tech/gamer website on the Internet: OMG 12/14/17!

All that, with TheHistorian's curious post above, this mysterious Facebook comment now seems pretty intriguing. Consider it hearsay until we find out more:

post-39941-0-47852800-1513253863.jpg

Edited to add: Don't mistake this as hoping it would fail/be postponed. If people want something fun, then fantastic.

• Like 4

From the same article:

"Le groupe français pionnier des jeux vidéo Atari a annoncé jeudi qu'il "décalait", à une date non déterminée, le lancement initialement prévu dans la journée des pré-commandes de sa nouvelle console de jeux via le site Indiegogo."

In English by cortesy of Google translate aa my own French is mostly dirty worda and curses:

"The pioneering French video game group Atari announced on Thursday that it "shifted", on an indefinite date, the launch of its new gaming console that was initially scheduled for the pre-orders day via the Indiegogo website."

That is a bummer indeed. Oh well, remember the last time everyone's dream console delayed to "make it even better!"? ?

Hope this is false news anyway. I'd really like to see the proposed specs.

• Like 3

Officially delayed:

Launch Delay

The countdown to the Ataribox launch on Indiegogo has been officially paused. Because of one key element on our checklist, it is taking more time to create the platform and ecosystem the Atari community deserves. Building Ataribox is incredibly important to us and we will do whatever it takes to be sure it is worth the wait.

An updated launch plan is underway and more detailed information will be available soon.

We will be keeping you, our community, informed every step of the way. Thank you again for your support of Ataribox.

-The Ataribox Team

• Like 3