IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I'm convinced! What with all of the talk of "Million Dollar Pong" and the Pong coffee table, I decided to invest in Atari! They seem like a happening company with a bright future!

But I can't afford $2799 for a Pong coffee table. And I couldn't find an Ataribox for sale anywhere.

So I did a quick search for Atari consoles to see what I could buy right now, and I couldn't be happier with my investment:

pong-console.jpg

I call it "Thirty-Five Dollar Pong". And check it out - it's sitting on a table!

It's the best of both worlds!

I can't wait for it to be worth a million dollars! I'm set for life!

AtariLife!

You can't afford the Pong coffee table but can afford Pong and a TV that both just so happen to be in COLOR?! :roll:

• Like 5

You can't afford the Pong coffee table but can afford Pong and a TV that both just so happen to be in COLOR?! :roll:

Yeah I have a PONG just like that but Atari not Sears, and I could swear mine's in Black and White...Unless I'm just remembering playing it on a black and white TV...Because now that I think about it, I don't think it's ever been hooked up to a color TV!

I don't think this has been pointed out, but here's the reason why Atari's Roller Coaster Tycoon is asking $1.07 million: It's the maximum offering (JOBS 2a) allowed by the JOBS act.

I'm curious if they're actually eligible to participate.

Can NY-based Atari Game Partners even be considered a US company, with parent company Atari SA being French?

post-39941-0-81813700-1517774605.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think this has been pointed out, but here's the reason why Atari's Roller Coaster Tycoon is asking $1.07 million: It's the maximum offering (JOBS 2a) allowed by the JOBS act.

I'm curious if they're actually eligible to participate.

Can NY-based Atari Game Partners even be considered a US company, with parent company Atari SA being French?

attachicon.gifJOBS_eligibility.JPG

My guess (and that's really all it is, so take it for what it's worth) is that as long as the company applying for JOBS 2a status was incorporated in the US per US corporate structuring and reporting requirements, it qualifies.

Car companies figured this one out decades ago: the US operations of Toyota, Hyundai, VW, and others are almost completely autonomous from their parent companies overseas. In effect, they're American manufacturers. Atari is likely in a similar situation.

• Like 1

My guess (and that's really all it is, so take it for what it's worth) is that as long as the company applying for JOBS 2a status was incorporated in the US per US corporate structuring and reporting requirements, it qualifies.

Yeah, it could be. That would seem to mean mean any foreign company just needs a US PO box or something and it's good.

RCT won't even be developed here; Nvizzio Creations is a Canadian company.

Put the apologists in a dark, maze-like room, dressed in black but wearing specially modified SpeakerHats®. They're the Prey. Add in some Hunters with Bluetooth devices that make the SpeakerHats® squawk a distinctive audio cue when a Hunter draws near. The Hunters tag the Prey when they're close enough, maybe with a Laser Tag type infrared beam.

For some reason, when I read this description, the first picture that came to my mind was a Bluetooth clicker that could detect nearby SpeakerHats® and hit them with a random blast of Van Halen, like the scene in Back to the Future. I'd love to see that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZMa6Q5uo8

• Like 6

For some reason, when I read this description, the first picture that came to my mind was a Bluetooth clicker that could detect nearby SpeakerHats® and hit them with a random blast of Van Halen, like the scene in Back to the Future. I'd love to see that!

Ha ha! That is funny. Or any other music or audio cue. It could be fun for improv, or name that tune, or just a general dance party. One music source, many hats. But since they're $129, no one will buy a bunch of these. Those with money won't either, because they're ugly.

I am personally bummed about the Ataribox. I will happily pay 300 for a nice boutique Atari box that hooks to through HDMI and plays various media and games. Alas this wasn't the right one though.

I have an Atari Flashback 8 I would gladly sell to you for $300.

• Like 8

Remember this Valentine's day, while you're celebrating with your significant other, or playing 40 year old games alone in your basement, it marks the two month anniversary of that terrible day that changed the world forever.

neverforget.png

I need a Valentines Day card that says I really want this to happen.

• Like 4