IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

a lot here is talking too fast, without even having done any research ...

I repeat myself, but the guys behind this platform are not stupid

people like Anthony Di Orio, Richard Branson, Daniel Doll are behind this project, find out

until proven otherwise all those I have named are much more rich than us and we wonder why

anyway for every idea, for every thing in life we ​​go through the same steps:

1) it's stupid 2) it's dangerous 3) it's logic

Piffle. Linux is not new, computers less so. Name a single innovative thing on offer by this thing that isn't done elsewhere, right now, better, cheaper.

HOW DARE YOU Denigrate the Atari VCS/Box thing-a-ma-jig gizmo!

it comes from a long line of heritage...

what have YOU done for the betterment of all man-kind? I ask you!

It was Atari that got those frogs across the street to the lily pads.. it was Atari that stopped all those space-invaders.. it was Atari that got ET-back home dang namit!

This console will do things that have never been done before when they have figured out what it does. At the very least it will provide us with a 1000+ page of train wreck entertainment... that should be a first.. how many pages did the Coleco thread get before it ran out of steam? xD

• Like 2

people like Anthony Di Orio, Richard Branson, Daniel Doll are behind this project, find out

until proven otherwise all those I have named are much more rich than us and we wonder why

That’s so true, as evidence I give you the Maginot Line. What could go wrong?

300px-Maginot_Line_ln-en_svg.svg.png

• Like 5

Every crowdfunding idea goes through the same steps

1) It's another OUYA 2) Its actually going to be another Retro VGS 3) Oh no, its the Coleco Chameleon

• Like 6

It was Atari that got those frogs across the street to the lily pads.. it was Atari that stopped all those space-invaders.. it was Atari that got ET-back home dang namit!

Heh

In order: licensed from Konami, licensed from Taito, buried in a desert landfill.

Atari just has centipedes, millipedes, and space rocks.

• Like 5

You know... Jul 24, 2021 is going to be a fun day for me.

2nd anniversary of the final death of Atari?

This console will do things that have never been done before when they have figured out what it does.

This really works a lot better than "Reinventing the way you game again."

• Like 2

no, but sincerely

I am impatient to know how it's going to end

I believe in the project, I think there is something special

but the more time passes the more I'm septic too

Christmas 2018 will be my last hope

If you're impatient to know how it ends, I can spoil it for you.

Lots of people will lose money.

Atari will either go bankrupt again or be sold to another giant corporation for pennies on the dollar. It will be passed around like a Christmas fruitcake for another decade.

Mike and Fred and all those other clowns will cash checks that are slightly higher than what they'd get from an honest living, but no where near what it's worth to lose your integrity. We'll stop hearing from them when they get their hands on another cheap venture.

• Like 6

I'm putting on the tin foil hat and spouting a conspiracy theory here. Atari and Feargal are in the scam together! Just like that South Park episode where McCain and Obama were in on the election together!

Think about it. Atari crowdfunds all this money. Then Feargal comes along and sues them. It drags out a bit, and then Feargal wins the lawsuit. Now Atari has spent all the money on lawyers (who are also in on it knowing they are putting in next to no hours filing bogus paperwork and whatnot), and had to pay the rest to Feargal. Then on the side they divy it all up, and they go back to the backers and say too bad, so sorry. We lost the lawsuit, we have no funds left to make our awesome Linux PC!

On a side note, it's Tuesday. I need to go find some tacos. And no, I don't really wear tin foil hats. Or actually believe what I just said. But it is just crazy enough to work.

Edited by nick3092

no, but sincerely

I am impatient to know how it's going to end

I believe in the project, I think there is something special

but the more time passes the more I'm septic too

Christmas 2018 will be my last hope

Dude, go to the ER RIGHT NOW! Why wait until this Christmas

• Like 10

If someone had a Kickstarter for a laser on your wall Vextrex and had a basic working prototype, I would be tempted, but vaporware should never ever be given any backing without some effort from the people pitching it. No funds are needed to code a demo-UI, unless no one knows how to write code. And if no one on the team cannot get past any first step then in my opinion they do not deserve the chance. Kickstarter has it with the -no-prototype-no-go rule for a reason.

This trend of allowing people with 1/2 baked ideas to ask for exorbitant amounts of money with no vision, timeline and no one to answer to should have stopped with the Retro-VGS after the 50th fake prototype. It would have gone on unless Coleco holdings had not stepped in after the super-sleuths from Atariage forums uncovered the scam...

Edited by OCAT

Piffle. Linux is not new, computers less so. Name a single innovative thing on offer by this thing that isn't done elsewhere, right now, better, cheaper.

oh oh I got one. You get an officially licensed Fuji Atari logo. It is only an extra $150+ or so for that awesome logo compared to the same compute capacity with raspberry pie or low end PC.

This baby below on a piece of plastic is $150+

Atari_logo4.png

Edited by thetick1