IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Bose's $200 sunglasses with speakers makes Speakerhat look like a steal:

2o8lwc.gif

Dig this....speaker glasses AND speaker hat.

Quadraphonic audio while you work on your motorcycle.

Mind

Blown.

And for that true surround sound on the go......may I present the Vyper, subwoofer suppository.

For the person who really needs those deep, deep bass notes.

3042018149Hyperice-Vyper-2.0-High-Intens

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 7

Bose's $200 sunglasses with speakers makes Speakerhat look like a steal:

2o8lwc.gif

Do they? The Bose product looks at least twice as good to me:

1. They look like they could be wiped clean, unlike SpeakerHat which can't get wet

2. They put the speakers closer to the user's EARS, unlike SpeakerHat which puts them over the EYES

3. Baseball caps are kinda dorky to begin with. Sunglasses less so

? > ? ?

• Like 5

1. They look like they could be wiped clean, unlike SpeakeeHat which can't get wet

2. They put the speakers closer to the user's EARS, unlike SpeakerHat which puts them over the EYES

>

Speakers over the ears? What kind of madness is this?

Plus they make you look like Rowdy Roddy Piper. Who doesn't want to walk into an area and say, "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass--and I'm all out of bubble gum"?

Dig this....speaker glasses AND speaker hat.

Quadraphonic audio while you work on your motorcycle.

I was thinking of asking Pdubbs for a Speakerhat vs SpeakerSunglasses review, but then I realized we'd have to throw out all of his findings.

• Like 2

1. They look like they could be wiped clean, unlike SpeakerHat which can't get wet

? > ? ?

I like baseball caps.

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

• Like 4

I'm just... the religion is STRONG with these people.

It always has been ... this is 30 years old.

/overly literal

The church's ability to keep track of its records and writings has come a long way since the days of the solitary scribe. It used to be a long, difficult task to reproduce a Bible or another document of religious significance. The church scribe would sit alone in a little cubicle meticulously copying each verb, noun and punctuation mark from one papyrus sheet to another. The job was time-consuming and often error-ridden.

post-2410-0-30928300-1544113089.jpg

Rev. Earl Smith gets ready to word-process a sermon with his 800XL.

post-2410-0-65333500-1544113108.jpg

A selection of the main tools used to keep this church functioning.

As pastor, I use the Atari to write sermons and to format the pages for easy reference in the pulpit. I developed a system of gathering, logging and sorting illustration files to aid in Sermon preparation. Since our secretary works for us only one day a week, I've been able to function better in that role myself because of the computer. I even taught myself to type because the Atari is so much fun to use.

With the availability of such fine public domain programs as Roy Goldman's Daisy-Dot and Epson printer drivers we can print some pretty professional looking documents. We save money too! No longer do we need to buy letterhead or preprinted bulletins. Print Shop makes these for us.

Religious education is a primary task of the church. Many public school programs translate well for church learning. Some small software companies are specializing in this area. Bible Baseball by Davka is an exciting trivia game that teaches Bible facts in a fast paced, colorful way. And using Create-A-Quiz, I've been able to stimulate my confirmation class students into learning church history and policy--usually quite boring stuff.

All in all, the Atari has been a godsend for us. Professional church software costs far more than the price we paid for this entire package. Except for some fancy bells and whistles and an 80-column screen, they do little more than what we can accomplish. And since I have an old reliable Atari 800 at the house, I can carry unfinished business home with me (and occasionally carry to work Star Raiders II or Orbit).

Machines with mega-memory may be the wave of the future, but for the 350-member congregation of St. Paul-Trinity, the Atari 8-bit serves us well. SynFile+ alone helps tell the story. With our 256K of memory we can hold 5,457 separate files. When the membership grows that large, we might just consider buying an ST.

• Like 6

Billy Jack would whoop all of the Atari SA personnel asses without breaking a sweat. BTW, great movie reference and pull-in. I and the crew of the Satellite of Love approve ;).

Oh! Oh! I know! They should make a Billy Jack Speaker Hat!

billyjack8.jpg

Look at that wide brim; bet they could put the speakers over your ears with that!

• Like 2

Atari Reviving Classic 90’s Shooter Blood

The 1997 game will be updated to "work on modern systems and digital storefronts". I don't know if Blood currently plays on Windows10, but I'm thinking the majority of their update will include adding a Fuji splash screen.

Although the game will be updated to work on modern systems and digital storefronts, the core Blood experience will remain intact. “As part of this, we will preserve the accuracy of the game behavior. While these upgrades are relatively minor, we are confident that they will provide fans with a better, current generation gameplay experience,” Grayshon explained. No release date or platforms have been confirmed at this time.

There seems to be more Atari news than usual lately. https://www.dualshockers.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures-interview-atari/

TF: Why did Atari decide to partner with Bigben Interactive in Europe and AtGames in North America to distribute the game instead of doing it yourselves?

MP:We focus on digital distribution and rely on great partners for physical distribution

TF: Does Atari plan on keeping RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures exclusive to Nintendo Switch, or are you guys considering bringing this game or the franchise as a whole to other platforms like your upcoming Atari VCS console?

MP: Keep watching for any news!

I still think it's odd and a little gross that a publicly traded company that's crowing about being on the Nasdaq is also begging for funds to make a vaporware console. Cute that they outsource the riskier physical distribution to partners, too.

"Keep watching for any news!" :ponder:

• Like 3

There seems to be more Atari news than usual lately. https://www.dualshockers.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures-interview-atari/

I still think it's odd and a little gross that a publicly traded company that's crowing about being on the Nasdaq is also begging for funds to make a vaporware console. Cute that they outsource the riskier physical distribution to partners, too.

"Keep watching for any news!" :ponder:

Let's be honest as Atari SA has three assets that actually bring in money.

RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures, Atari Flashback Classics, and the Atari logo. Those three are it! So every now and then you will see some news about the two Atari software franchises.

I saw the following at Target the other day and just thought it was so lame. The Atari logo on worthless plastic, cloth, cardboard and paper. Who would actually buy this even on sale for $19.99 ? Maybe a gag gift ?

https://www.target.com/p/atari-2600-loot-box/-/A-53719041

Atari-Crap.png

Edited by thetick1