New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

All

Tacos

Are

Really

Interesting

Reminds me of "All Toasters Toast Toast"

But it is not all true, I have seen Toasters that toast hot dogs & the associated buns. I guess you could toast toast but that is not its main purpose.

When will we ever see the Taco Toaster? One can only dream...

Taco + Toaster = Tacoster? Coaster?

18 hours later, and they finally jumped on the taco excision bandwagon. Too bad they can't generate any kind of update in a similar timeframe. Remember backers....they really want the community to help build this thing, so get out your soldering irons, bubble gum and duct tape. You'll be called to the front any minute now.

TheHomer.png

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 2

Wow, they deleted DON LILLICRAP's acrostic taco joke. I see that his Indiegogo profile still reflects 2 comments even though one of them got whacked.

I'm a little surprised they're that petty. I guess it shows a certain degree of self-awareness, at least. Beyond "no refunds" and "an update is in the works, stay tuned."

Atari, so much more than substance and value.

• Like 3

Wow, they deleted DON LILLICRAP's acrostic taco joke. I see that his Indiegogo profile still reflects 2 comments even though one of them got whacked.

I'm a little surprised they're that petty. I guess it shows a certain degree of self-awareness, at least. Beyond "no refunds" and "an update is in the works, stay tuned."

Atari, so much more than substance and value.

My main interest in this thread is word mining Flojomojo's posts for beautiful words i've never used .... ACROSTIC :)

• Like 2

I havent followed this thread in a long time. I guess it’s safe to assume that the Ataribox project is vaporware at this point?

The Coleco Chameleon was more finished product as it actually HAD a real plastic shell to put the 3 different fake motherboards in it, so it was 1 step ahead of this thing.

• Like 4

We don't know if they are on-schedule with what they projected in their IGG campaign. Their updates are little of substance.

July 2019 is the projected shipping date, but they've only shown some huge development board and an O/S that spins a cube, or something.

I haven’t followed this thread in a long time. I guess it’s safe to assume that the Ataribox project is vaporware at this point?

I was foolish enough to toss money at this mess and honestly I think the "updates" have been getting worse and worse. I have to agree with whomever said they think this is just a scam to make the company look good for a buyout.

I am shocked at how long my TACO comment lasted on their useless page though. It seems even IGG can't be bothered with it.

• Like 8

There is still absolutely no indication that a working prototype exists anywhere.

Atari hasn't said anything substantive in the handful of "updates" they've posted.

Feargal Mac is suing Atari for kicking him off the project without paying him gazillions of dollars.

People are still eating tacos.

Did I miss anything?

Nathan,

That is totally not fair, they've made massive progress, why their last announcement back in like, what, November -- they actually got Linux to boot on their vanilla AMD dev board (publicly admitting, they have never actually shown or actually ever played ANYTHING, EVER on their own hardware)

Now, most importantly are the milestones they achieved from this first time ever booting of the OS :

1. No Enumeration of any peripherals, so basically they can't see or get input from their taco-sticks.

2. No graphics... even though Wyatt is supposed to special in optimizing graphics, but they can't even optimize them because it doesn't produce any graphics.

3. No audio, so nothing to see or hear, here.

4. Oh yeah! --- Hey, don't pay attention to the fact we've gotten nothing done, have a free t-shirt was the next great update.

So come on Nathan, you're being really harsh on FauxTari... they accomplished an amazing amount, I mean, well a 10 year ago could've accomplished this too... in like 10 mins. But hey, Atari did it in just under 5 months and $3 million dollars later...

So, lets see... March is coming up which means the spring deadline is approaching to finalize the design and for them to meet the Summer 2019 release, they will need to finish up and be production ready by, oh... April'ish, maybe they could possible push till May.

My guess is they won't push at all, sometime in March they'll be posting up that the product will be delayed till Fall, so they can grab an extra 3-4 months of stalling time while they try to figure out whether anymore board members will be bailing out and if they can somehow find a way to deliver some off the shelf Chinese crap they can slap their name on for $5 a piece and say - here is your Atari VCS, gotta run....

• Like 8

I am not a backer so I don't know for sure, but I don't think those t-shirts were free. In fact, some European backers were complaining about getting hit with custom fees on top of what they paid for their backer shirts.

At this point I'm not sure what their game is. As a PR stunt, it was modestly successful in getting the name out. As a moneymaker, I think it only looks good on paper since $3M isn't enough to do much. As a way to build up the fan base, 11,500 won't be satisfied with "exclusive" deals forever. If they plan to deliver anything they're way overdue for showing it.

• Like 5