IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I think we are approaching the time of month where "Atari" announces that soon they will have a pre announcement to announce. Then they'll say they have to keep things secret because of their partners and Fat Elvis.

They haven't had an announcement announcing an announcement of an announcement in a while.

• Like 8

IGG is finally fighting my refund. Their argument is that since they are a middleman they are not liable for the charge. My CC company is saying I need to pursue the 3rd party instead. Basically everyone is saying I need to contact Atari.

I printed off all my emails detailing how IGG has not been helpful and all the bounced back emails from Atari. Hopefully it helps my case.

• Like 8

Brandon Harris 13 hours ago

It will be interesting how fast Atari gameplay meets up with graphics detail of today and does not get slowed or frame skiped, massive gameplay at 60 fps can allow more story to a comic character like Yar. Different views and sub-missions could be a well started trend.

Brandon Harris 2 days ago

Great hardware choice with the ryzen Vega with 2 zen2,,cores processers and the r 1000 Soc. This comination of power runs away a thermal problem or over energy comsumpion. Embedded chips literally men’s you can add a app and teach your VCS a task with well done results. The color content and effect s will stand out artistically in many titles, " look the game looks like it’s old box art, awesomeness.

Brandon Harris 3 days ago

Futurism X has turned out to be very informative towards the purpose to buy Atari tokens when using the VCS. The ability to have a game currency that a creative person can profit off of is mind-blowing. This builds a great "play, earn, and create, type of gaming experience.

giphy.gif

• Like 13

I haven't been ignoring you, but wanted to take the time to consider my response before giving it. You did ask straightforward questions and they deserve straightforward answers, so I am going to reply in a very straightforward manner.

x=user, let me know if i'm bringing up the wrong stuff or breaking any forum rules. I agree with you guys that the VCS is a scam 100%. I'm planning to buy a 3d printer in the future and mess around with a Raspberry Pi or one of their competitors once I have time but I'm not going to make a video game system with it, probably try to recreate something that I'm more passionate about in another sector, like a general focused computer for artists to create without getting distracted by social media. I know that Microsoft, Apple, and Google make better products, but its a bit like living under the shadow of big corporations, like Shadowrun.

Upon your arrival (and having claimed to have read the thread from the start), your manner came across as slightly too overly-enthusiastic in the wrong ways. Enthusiasm isn't the issue: it's enthusiasm coupled with questions of the sort that Atari SA would ask in lieu of going to the trouble of holding a focus group in order to shape Ataribollocks development.

Had you been following the thread from the start (or even just in the last few months), you'd understand why this would be a poor approach to take.

The continual references to sci-fi set in corporate-controlled dystopia are also wearing thin. The world does not need another Richard M. Stallman; if you've ever had the misfortune of being seated next to him for an extended period of time, you'd understand why.

Finally, there are over 9000 ways to play Atari's back catalogue (amongst others) on hardware that actually exists and can be put together at minimal cost by anyone, right now, and without the need for 'investing' in a crowdfunding scam. It's such an overly-saturated part of the market that there isn't anything a new device can offer in that regard - and how many times does someone really want to shell out the cash to play the same games over and over but in a different case?

If this sounds blunt, that's not the intent. I am, however, being very direct. These are the things that have me wondering about your intent, which has yet to be demonstrated.

• Like 10

The continual references to sci-fi set in corporate-controlled dystopia are also wearing thin. The world does not need another Richard M. Stallman; if you've ever had the misfortune of being seated next to him for an extended period of time, you'd understand why.

You think he still uses Lynx as his primary web browser???

NuAtari strikes me as pure cynical business IP lawyers who dispise their customers, they know the money is in the con, the trickery....the cheap junk in a bright box at walmart. I think Sony cares but not quite enough since they allowed the PS1 Mini to be sold in the state it was in, Nintendo cares the most since they are an underdog against deeper pocketed competition, Microsoft cares a hell of alot since the original Xbox, I don't know why but they do. Maybe they are playing a long-game where they know they will make tons of money in game/cloud/services later on.

NuAtari is the way they are because they are incompetent and risk adverse. its all they know how to do in business, safe IP licensing, and are bad at that striking deals with terrible manufacturers (or possibly just right, selling to casual customers), and I think they know there time is limited. I read that document someone posted earlier saying the company is worth 90million? How?! I guess they are competent when it comes to raking in money from hopeful idiots who just see a package, or want to buy stock. Messing with our hopes and dreams.

If I was NuAtari I'd grab an engineer, an great concept art product designer, and a retro-game fan, and make a system based on all the analysis that the big gaming youtube channels converge to. Mistakes like carts having a proper label and shell that looked good on a shelf, the Jaguar having hobbled chip bus and bugs where it never saw its full power potential, keeping all the mistakes of the past in mind. There were some bright spots as well, the Lynx made by a separate company that knew what the hell they were doing, the Atari ST finding its niche in audio production, you would think they would use that knowledge for good and be smart about it, not come off as a bunch of frat boys making a indigogo campaign.

Only catching up on this now.

tenor.gif?itemid=10720462

Edited by CommodoreCEO
  • Like 3

And backpedaling isn't bad; if someone is wrong they should backpedal.

I think you missed the intent of my post. It seems like 'newatariideas' is backpedalling to pretend that they are an 'impartial fan' of the brand, as opposed to an actual representative of Nutari looking for genuine ideas, by criticising themselves in the third person.

• Like 6

x=usr(1536) - long time friend of RMS, seriously, fuck you with your own pretentiousness for using him as the butt of a half-joke.

-Thom

That wasn't any sort of a joke. I did have to spend an hour seated next to him once, and found the experience to be one I never care to repeat.

He may be a friend of yours, and that's fine. I found him insufferable. How that qualifies as pretentious is beyond me.

• Like 6

RMS is the antithesis of Fred Chesnais's "Atari." He has done a lot for community and is consistent in his beliefs. He's also kinda gross. Two great tastes in one!

giphy.gif

He would never, ever keep ancient game code for himself, just milking license fees on the 1979 Asteroids arcade game.

• Like 5