IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

snapback.pngFlojomojo, on 31 May 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

I seriously doubt "Atari" will have a "booth" at e3, and they're not on the list of participants. I would think some of their principals would enjoy a junket to Los Angeles as attendees. The person answering questions on their IGG page used GDC attendance as an excuse for not posting more updates.

That's what they did at GDC a couple of years back, showing off those bits of molded plastic to The Register in a building across the street from where GDC was happening. I suppose they were smart not to show off their pretend revolutionary TV device to the wide public, but that's probably the only "smart" thing they bothered to do.

I will be surprised if they don't throw out a few software bones, like a Rollercoaster Tycoon mock-up (that will probably be running on the Switch...hey, maybe that's what they've done - shoved a Switch into the VCS case, something that *no one* has done before! #revolutionary). That or Stella running some 2600 ROMs that they scramble to find a few minutes before announcing.

One name you will see on that E3 list is Intellivision! Not only do we have an area at E3 this year... but we'll be showing off the "real" machine with 22 playable games (which, because of our design & controllers can not be played or ported to any other device). And wait til you see our Vintage Woodgrain version. Pics and different console variations to be released during E3. :)

Watch this space: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/288558-intellivision-amico-tommy-tallarico-introduction-q-a/

...and we're still a year and 4 months away from launch. :)

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 10

The funny thing about this one is that Intellivision WILL be showing off our EXCLUSIVE version of Centipede on our machine at E3 in 10 days. Super fun in both 4 player Co-Op and Versus modes.

The irony of course being that the Intellivision Amico was the only system not on your list. :D

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 10.46.38 AM.png

In fact, you might just want to get a real game console to go with your hard drive. Sony and Microsoft make some good ones.

Oooh look! Western Digital totally ripped off the Atari VCS industrial design. A solid black brick, wow!

attachicon.gifmbduo_product-overview.jpg.imgw.1000.1000.jpg

Up to 20TB of storage for your Atari VCS. :lolblue:

'Pretty much any one', because they don't have anything to plug the drive INTO. ;)

post-52262-0-75444700-1559496740.png

• Like 4