IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

On 8/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, MrBeefy said:

Yeah I will feel sorry for Ole John if it isn't what he expects. Remember how upset he was over the removal of the SD card?

So what would it take at this point for you all to buy one? For me it would be for them to show me something unique beyond a cool start up screen. I have a PC and plenty of ways to play the vault games. So currently it just looks really cool.

I guess by unique I mean games. I have Steam, my original Atari, a Flashback, Xbox, and a Rpi. I might pick up a classic stick but that's made by PowerA.

At this point, they'd have to do a complete 'mea culpa' (with tacos!) on how it's been handled, along with some actual transparency about what's been going on and why it's *really* been delayed, then pretty much copy Intellivision by showing a strong line-up of games both original and re-envisioned from their increasingly dwindling IP library, and cut the price. 

Since the chances of that happening are as likely as them meeting their original ship date, I don't think I'll be jumping on the bandwagon anytime soon. I'll instead spend the money on the Amico, unless they somehow become entirely derailed by the time Oct. 2020 rolls around.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:18 AM, KaeruYojimbo said:

Aw, look. The Atari VCS Support Group guys are trying to meme. That's adorable.

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 8.16.36 AM.png

tenor.gif?itemid=4166571

So "true" Atari fans are brainwashed cultists? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

I can just imagine all the pigeons acting like Eunice from Mama's Family.

eunice.jpg.6b6c2494a1e39dec0ed639281fbb7c31.jpg

We all know about the Stink Palm.  But does he? (See Below)

hands_in_pants_man.jpg.8ffde97090fd18ec7e93a30c2f9e87d8.jpg

ha! Franko knew what I was talking about with the pretzels. ;) (I love Mama's Family, too. lol)

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, The Historian said:

The sub-reddit is back, I'm no longer moderating.

You're still listed as a moderator. Someone is deleting ALL criticism. Not a good look. Someone should start a r/AtariVCSunofficial subreddit if they're going to pull the same Stalinist censorship they've done on IndieGogo comments and their laughable Facebook wall. 

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

You're still listed as a moderator. Someone is deleting ALL criticism. Not a good look. Someone should start a r/AtariVCSunofficial subreddit if they're going to pull the same Stalinist censorship they've done on IndieGogo comments and their laughable Facebook wall. 

u/Atari_VCS_Official has been removed as a moderator, additionally all posts the removed have been restored and the one account the banned has been unbanned. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, The Historian said:

u/Atari_VCS_Official has been removed as a moderator, additionally all posts the removed have been restored and the one account the banned has been unbanned. 

Ah the Historian. Still lurking. Glad too. So how long before you can talk about the behind the scenes stuff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Historian said:

We dont always see eye-to-eye, but thank you for taking care of this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Historian said:

Right on, man.

Their actions were about the most unsurprising thing ever. It's been their only response to criticism, legitimate and otherwise, since the very beginning.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, The Historian said:

I KISSA YOU FACE

looney tunes kiss GIF

Thanks for doing that. You have shown yourself to be a fair-minded, steady-handed, cool-headed dude. 

The post that you restored was completely fair and accurate, just a retelling of things they've said, nothing nasty. Here's a link to check it out. The author walks among us. (It wasn't me but if it were, I'd be proud of the work). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 8/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, Flojomojo said:

post-2641-0-08972900-1531416250.jpg

I think Fred looks sad

Who are those other sad guys?

Shareholders, I'd guess

The guy on the left is Don Daglow.  Creator of Intellivision's Utopia!

Look at his expression... the rivalry is real and continues to this day.  Except this time around a new "winner".  :D

Edited by Tommy Tallarico
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TACODON said:

I found this while checking out the Supporters page. They are keeping notes on us.

Screenshot_20190828-085942_Facebook.jpg

Just proves the Tribe of The Followers of Mt. Frenchie Fuji have nothing to talk about lest they invent a dark force of enemies to their belief system, just like any band of obtuse cultists. I mean, really, they have nothing to talk about. The best they can muster is circle jerk fantasies about all the things they're going to do when they actually have the thing they haven't seen yet. That, or how great the thing is that they don't have yet, and can't prove exists. Sounds just like a religion. So AtariAge is the Anti-Atari now apparently located somewhere on the west bank. LOL. 

Their willingness to go full on irrational fanboy cultist is not all that unusual really, and they're entitled to it if it rocks their boat. You see it with Star Wars, Star Trek, comic book and other fandom all the time. Where it becomes sad and sinister is when they invent their vast narratives of hatred and heretics out to get them. They can't comprehend that it's not about them at all. They are just sheep willingly sent to slaughter by their god. Nobody really cares about them, and that's their biggest gripe. They lavish affection and money on their Atari god, and he still pisses on them while the world laughs. They'll keep waiting on any sign from above though, God/Atari love'em.

I don't believe their perceived enemies have any hate in their hearts. Just rational thought, a healthy less dysfunctional interest in the project, and an unwillingness to silently accept lies and nostalgia baiting when it has been proven time and time again. As this thing continues to evolve/devolve, it becomes an increasingly fascinating exercise in human character flaws, business ethics, sales strategy, flawed communications and a variety of other topics. I'm enjoying it quite thoroughly and getting so much more out of it than the people who laid down money. It seems they won't be happy until the rest of the world adopts their blind faith, at which point, they begin fighting among themselves again. All sheep are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@JBerel

What I don't understand is why they keep caring what we do. If they don't like what is going on over here, just ignore us. I have never seen anyone from this group ever trying to stir up trouble like they do.

I think you nailed it with irrational fanboy cultist though.

Also good on @The Historian for clearing up the Reddit page. That is sad when you have to kick the official account for a company off their own page.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JBerel said:

Just proves the Tribe of The Followers of Mt. Frenchie Fuji have nothing to talk about lest they invent a dark force of enemies to their belief system, just like any band of obtuse cultists. I mean, really, they have nothing to talk about. The best they can muster is circle jerk fantasies about all the things they're going to do when they actually have the thing they haven't seen yet. That, or how great the thing is that they don't have yet, and can't prove exists. Sounds just like a religion. So AtariAge is the Anti-Atari now apparently located somewhere on the west bank. LOL. 

Their willingness to go full on irrational fanboy cultist is not all that unusual really, and they're entitled to it if it rocks their boat. You see it with Star Wars, Star Trek, comic book and other fandom all the time. Where it becomes sad and sinister is when they invent their vast narratives of hatred and heretics out to get them. They can't comprehend that it's not about them at all. They are just sheep willingly sent to slaughter by their god. Nobody really cares about them, and that's their biggest gripe. They lavish affection and money on their Atari god, and he still pisses on them while the world laughs. They'll keep waiting on any sign from above though, God/Atari love'em.

I don't believe their perceived enemies have any hate in their hearts. Just rational thought, a healthy less dysfunctional interest in the project, and an unwillingness to silently accept lies and nostalgia baiting when it has been proven time and time again. As this thing continues to evolve/devolve, it becomes an increasingly fascinating exercise in human character flaws, business ethics, sales strategy, flawed communications and a variety of other topics. I'm enjoying it quite thoroughly and getting so much more out of it than the people who laid down money. It seems they won't be happy until the rest of the world adopts their blind faith, at which point, they begin fighting among themselves again. All sheep are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

Now,  Where is that SUPER "Like" Button?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1