IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

shoebox_emulator.thumb.jpg.32a249e098376af8deb4fa7e22da7a2c.jpg

Look closely and you'll see a it's in a shoebox marked CONVERSE (about 5:40).  :lol:

For a video they think is fake they sure got excited over it. Lets go with it being a raspberry pi. They got excited over a $35 computer like it was the $300 one they backed. 

• Haha 2

Well I have heard the Supporters has wiped evidence of loving the real/fake VCS. Guess they were embarrased? Anyways here's some captures of it for the good times. Thanks for the help in making the memories of this possible.

Screenshot_20190912-162458_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9e4015d120965e93521126ee1aa5b7cb.jpg

Screenshot_20190912-170013_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7290c943400210b02cb38920aaa06341.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a prediction, and you can write this one down:

As each day passes, it's becoming obvious Atari has nothing to show. When the December deadline comes and goes, Atari will blame the Intel chip shortage.  The backers will eat it up, and it technically won't be Atari's fault. Since no one can say when Intel will be caught up, Atari can use this excuse to string backers along indefinitely. 

Of course,  no one has seen a functioning prototype, so they have no use for this chips anyway, but that's beside the point. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agillig said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to make a prediction, and you can write this one down:

As each day passes, it's becoming obvious Atari has nothing to show. When the December deadline comes and goes, Atari will blame the Intel chip shortage.  The backers will eat it up, and it technically won't be Atari's fault. Since no one can say when Intel will be caught up, Atari can use this excuse to string backers along indefinitely. 

Of course,  no one has seen a functioning prototype, so they have no use for this chips anyway, but that's beside the point. 

Problem is it's been obvious for the past couple of years and the doubts started 819 pages ago lol. Their technical specifications say they will be using an AMD chip but as we all know it's nothing but a pipe dream of AtariSA. They got nothing and never did, just a bunch of clowns holding an IP and probably sunk a 6pack thinking they had a game changing idea. Im willing to bet the further they looked into it, the realization of how deep in the shit was got hard to pull back out.

ataco.jpg.ae08d31cb139f37449baf7a6acc7b190.jpg

mud.jpg.208193e67023ccacbe7bc6ebd3d1d009.jpg

Edited by TwentySixHundred

2 hours ago, delmero said:

@The Historian this question has to do with the social app Reddit Atari VCS Official subreddit, and no it's not off topic as this thread is about that Atari Company console that doesn't exist? Apparently someone in that subreddit was removed as a mod and I thought it was strange.

There is no official subreddit that I'm aware of, and Atari's social media account had their moderator priveledges turned off because they removed posts that were not favorable to them. They are sticking to their Facebook page now, because that's the only place they can remove users and posts at will. You can see the reply counts rarely to never match the number of visible replies. They've pissed everybody off by now except a handful of wingnuts that are either cult followers or contracted employees.

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, JBerel said:

There is no official subreddit that I'm aware of, and Atari's social media account had their moderator priveledges turned off because they removed posts that were not favorable to them. They are sticking to their Facebook page now, because that's the only place they can remove users and posts at will. You can see the reply counts rarely to never match the number of visible replies. They've pissed everybody off by now except a handful of wingnuts that are either cult followers or contracted employees.

Those cult followers get triggered though if they think they are being censored. Look at the supporters group and those youtube videos. I feel bad for them. I really do hope they get something.

• Like 1

I have not been checking in on the "progress" for a while now, but after reading the last few pages it seems there is some debacle brewing....
Has this dumpster fire turned into another Coleco Chameleon / Mike Kennedy situation?
I say that because I see "Fake" & "Prototype" as well as "Sheobox" being thrown around, only missing the electrical tape...

Edited by OCAT

15 hours ago, OCAT said:

I have not been checking in on the "progress" for a while now, but after reading the last few pages it seems there is some debacle brewing....
Has this dumpster fire turned into another Coleco Chameleon / Mike Kennedy situation?
I say that because I see "Fake" & "Prototype" as well as "Sheobox" being thrown around, only missing the electrical tape...

The video was some anonymous user claiming to have a prototype, which Atari denied was real (per @Historian).  It said "Converse" on top: 

image.thumb.png.1922f32a9f86780e2add4933d6c80381.png

But for e3, Atari did have a black box running the show.  If any news outlets knew this, they did not relay it to their readers.  A month or so later Atari admitted their "gamestation" was a box with the picture shown below, though they didn't confess they were being deceptive by having a bunch of non-working (but power-LED turned on) Ataribox shells on the table:

image.png.23a57f4856b21dbffb6d9bb83c079665.png

Hey, waitaminute.  Let me play with brightness and contrast on that box.  WTH:

image.png.89f378e0465e4774e2423cda19f48d6f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

6 hours ago, delmero said:

@The Historian this question has to do with the social app Reddit Atari VCS Official subreddit, and no it's not off topic as this thread is about that Atari Company console that doesn't exist? Apparently someone in that subreddit was removed as a mod and I thought it was strange.

We are not "Official", it's always been designated as Unofficial. The Official account was removed as a moderator for removing posts and banning a user just because they didn't like what he was posting. This after saying they would never delete posts.

Unfortunately there is nothing Uber about their Strategists.

They are still welcome to contribute, and anything they post will be marked as "Official".

Edited by The Historian
More words
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1