IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Wyatt's new company is following in the footsteps of Atari. 

The announcement of the announcement (May 1, 2019) resulted in the announcement being canceled. ?

Capture.jpg

And the Kickstarter that was supposed to start in July 2019 had a target delivery date of Fall 2020!

"We launch our Kickstarter campaign July 2019 with a full product launch Fall 2020. So far we've closed our seed round at a $2.5MM valuation with 85 games committed on the platform. We have partnered with Arrow Electronics, Unity Technologies, Serenity Forge and other companies to bring this product to market."

Source: https://www.meetup.com/1-Million-Cups-Boulder/events/260733515/

2 hours ago, racerx said:

I was with you until "you're better than this." They're literally not, and most of us knew it.

We already knew just how sleazy and incompetent Chesnais & Co. were, they're just putting it on display for the world to see now.

I get what you're saying.  I was being too nice, in retrospect. lol

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, lingyi said:

Wyatt's new company is following in the footsteps of Atari. 

The announcement of the announcement (May 1, 2019) resulted in the announcement being canceled. ?

Capture.jpg

And the Kickstarter that was supposed to start in July 2019 had a target delivery date of Fall 2020!

"We launch our Kickstarter campaign July 2019 with a full product launch Fall 2020. So far we've closed our seed round at a $2.5MM valuation with 85 games committed on the platform. We have partnered with Arrow Electronics, Unity Technologies, Serenity Forge and other companies to bring this product to market."

Source: https://www.meetup.com/1-Million-Cups-Boulder/events/260733515/

Read it quickly the first time and for a moment I thought I had read: "The Last Gameband" ?

Nate, does the "removereddit" tool show the stuff that has been deleted? The "what is this?" thread probably has more removed items than actual posts. They finally got around to whacking my comment. 

Berel, note that they've posted a roundup of their Medium posts, sort of like a selective re-telling of what you did with their Facebook posts. 

Youd think that a troll:fanboy ratio of like 10:1 would lend them some kind of clue. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Nate, does the "removereddit" tool show the stuff that has been deleted? The "what is this?" thread probably has more removed items than actual posts. They finally got around to whacking my comment. 

Berel, note that they've posted a roundup of their Medium posts, sort of like a selective re-telling of what you did with their Facebook posts. 

Youd think that a troll:fanboy ratio of like 10:1 would lend them some kind of clue. 

I'm pretty sure it's only comments in the threads and not posts themselves, but I haven't tried with anything more than that.

6 hours ago, themewsh said:

Welp - got my first Reddit ban. All because I said that I like tacos...shame.

I fancied myself one of the skeptical optimist non-backers that they should be trying to pull in.

No r/official_secret_double_topsecret_tacobox for me I guess.

The best remedy for this pain is, of course, meat and toppings surrounded by some sort of flatbread-like food delivery device. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

This will work better https://snew.notabug.io/r/Atari_VCS_Official/

Allows you to see deleted post or click through to see any deleted comment s in those or other posts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

What does $2.5MM seed valuation mean? Money in hand, or some hedge fund wanker sticking his finger in the air and speaking numbers?

What is meant by 85 games committed on the platform? What happens if that commitment is broken?

In short.....utter and complete bullshit.  But, more specifically, it means they pulled a number out of their ass and valued their new company at being worth $2.5MM, so if ya want 1% it will cost you $25k. Get out your checkbook sucka. The "85 games committed" and "partners talk" amounts to somebody saying. "yeah, yeah, sure whatever. Just give me a check and we'll talk."

So it was Atari's choice to stop being a moderator on Reddit. Huh, kinda like it's there choice if a new Atari whatever is released on time, or ever. Like it's there choice to look like utterly incompetent buffoons. 

530583e79e4fc7f75855995d511e185c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2