IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

image.png.3334841e7ec33e032aee06d846c747ce.png

Well...that's rude.  So, what happens when the system is delivered to backers?  I'm quite curious.  I don't mind waiting, but I need a glimpse of what I'm waiting for to stay focused.  If it's people bragging that they're using MAME to play Pong on their new consoles, I'm going to be very disappointed.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Agillig said:

image.png.3334841e7ec33e032aee06d846c747ce.png

Well...that's rude.  So, what happens when the system is delivered to backers?  I'm quite curious.  I don't mind waiting, but I need a glimpse of what I'm waiting for to stay focused.  If it's people bragging that they're using MAME to play Pong on their new consoles, I'm going to be very disappointed.

mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together-

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I am expecting another update in the factory making the Atari VCS. CheeseGuy has decided not to pay China taxes, so he moved production across the globe.
Unfortunately it is not looking to good for the backers :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxYdj9dGcI

• Like 2

^^^ Don't need no stinkin' source, it is a pattern of all Megalomaniacs, look at Coleco Chamelon, Mike kicked so many people to the curb after ringing them out like 1/2 an orange. I see CheeseGuy already stole the idea for the VCS and got sued, then he did not pay Rob, why do expect him to pay anyone for their work? He clearly believes he deserves free money to do as he pleases, so I expect problems in China to arise (Allegedly)
I can see into the minds and hearts of these types of people, it is "All about mee! look at me! love me! Want meee!" They think they are going to be the next Steve Jobs or Bill gates, but they are all smoke and mirrors.

Watch the Video :)

I am stuck here because I washed the socks I was wearing, now my feet are cold, just like how the backers are being treated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, OCAT said:

^^^ I forgot to add "Allegedly" at the end of that post as I usually do.

I was just speculating on what a New Years Day post will be, or a post ont he last day of 2019, sort of like a small gift to the backers from Atari.

Either way, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see something's wrong with this project.   Considering how excited Atari gets over the smallest details, you can bet that if they had a working console to show, they wouldn't be able to contain themselves.   There's no way in hell backers are getting anything in January. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

We all know the project is broken, but nobody was seriously expecting any news during the December holidays, right?

Their stolen 1980 xmas photo notwithstanding. 

Anymore I expect them to release news during times people won't notice. So maybe new years? 

• Like 5

By the way, I guess you guys don't plan New Year's resolutions towards good old Fred, and I don't mean to ruin your puns (Chestnut, CheeseGuy, etc.), but for your information the first 's' in "Chesnais" is silent (edit: actually both are). It's pronounced a bit like "shay-nay" (don't stress the 'y's too much though). Please consider it as new opportunities to make fun of him! ;)

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

By the way, I guess you guys don't plan New Year's resolutions towards good old Fred, and I don't mean to ruin your puns (Chestnut, CheeseGuy, etc.), but for your information the first 's' in "Chesnais" is silent (edit: actually both are). It's pronounced a bit like "shay-nay" (don't stress the 'y's too much though). Please consider it as new opportunities to make fun of him! ;)

Warum?

EDIT: Katze!

Ich weiss dass, lebst Du Da?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Warum?

EDIT: Katze!

Ich weiss dass, lebst Du Da?

Was ? Eine Frage oder ein Kommentar dazu ? (I studied German for seven years in high school but haven't written or spoken it since 1997 ?)

It's just that your puns about Fred Chesnais' name confused me at first, until I understood you pronounce it the English way.

• Like 2

Happy New Year from the future, taco lovers! 

Now I should sleep. It's almost 4am here. But of course, idiots down the road want to party. At least the neighbours finally went to bed. 

But not before I swore at them for the racket they made.

I hate bad neighbours. 

What's everyone doing for New Year's Day? We have a family get-together every year (and it's an excuse for me to eat cheesecake - I know, it's not tacos, but I swear it's just as good). 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:31 AM, OCAT said:

3 more days and it is 2020!, let us see if we can get to page 2020 by then xD

Anyhoo perhaps Atari could reduce costs, all they would have to do is sell the device like Ikea does furniture, with the "some assembly required" method.
Just ship the computer, no Ram, since everyone is going to upgrade anyway, and include all the decals and woordrain stickers in the box. This way you save a bundle on assembly costs. When the system boots up it will download the entire OS, why bother wasting time in the factory, just put a small image on it, why should Atari have to install the software on a console, because people payed you to do it? Ha! you silly man!
It was all about the Sandbox mode, they knew what this was.
Now let us talk games, You get 1 game, PONG, this is used to test out the hardware and controller, that is it you are now on your own, if Antstream does not deliver then tuff tortillas. This is the New Atari and we play hardball sukkaaaz!

Atari is Dead!, Long Live Atari!

I love building PCs. I wish I could buy lots of DIY kits to make my own from scratch, like the various 6502 kits and various replicas, but most of them are way out of my price range. Heck, if anyone knows some good, cheap DIY kits I can grab and solder, please let me know (I'm thinking no more than $20 or $39 because I'm super-broke at the moment). 

But I'd never trust Atari SA to make a DIY kit. Maybe if they put out a build-your-own 2600 replica, I'd be interested. If it's good. And if it was, that would be infinitely more interesting to me than the tacobox. 

8 hours ago, H.Hannig said:

If this timeline of the chinese new year 2020 is correct and you add another 30+ days for Ocean Freight then it becomes pretty unlikely that anyone will get their box in March 2020

(https://www.chinaimportal.com/blog/chinese-new-year-impacts-import-business/)

CNY2020.png

Yep, that looks pretty normal to me. 

Also keep in mind that, unless a company owns a factory (Atari obviously doesn't), bigger companies/orders are the priority, so when producing product before closing for CNY and upon restarting, smaller companies typically have to wait. Meaning, in this case, don't be surprised if it adds at least an extra month of a delay. 

Not that they'll be ready for production by April anyway. They're still way too far out from that. 

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's just that your puns about Fred Chesnais' name confused me at first, until I understood you pronounce it the English way.

I guess I misunderstood, because I've been pronouncing his name correctly the whole time - I thought the cheese jokes were related to him being French, not a mispronunciation of his name.

Edited by TankedThomas
Late night phone grammar, or maybe a Y2.02K bug.
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

We all know the project is broken, but nobody was seriously expecting any news during the December holidays, right?

I wasn't really expecting anything, but some backers are realizing that if production hasn't officially started towards the end of December, then there's no way they're going to get their units in "weeks not months".  The Christmas message being posted without officially starting production basically confirmed that there will be another delay for backers and it will now be months not weeks (assuming the project is still viable).  I think the only reason for them to not throw the Indiegogo switch to take it out of "prototype" stage is that they're still not doing anything that can legally be classified as "production"

• Like 4