Jump to content
Goochman

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Recommended Posts

On 7/15/2020 at 8:44 PM, frankodragon said:

I think the Atari intern has been hitting the sauce again.

 

grade.jpg

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing a real review of any of those 96 units any time soon.  It's odd that during their last push this month to get in more pre-orders at the "early adopter prices" that they're not actually sending those 96 units to anybody except their own two PR people.  Especially when all of Atari's social media is now filled with people questioning their ability to deliver.

 

1282119435_Screenshot2020-07-1613_16_40.thumb.png.86dce8069e4ffd6a6397a29a67ef1d04.png

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Once we can track down someone that will pinkie promise to only say nice things about us, we might find an extra VCS laying around somewhere."

  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Slocum said:

Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing a real review of any of those 96 units any time soon.  It's odd that during their last push this month to get in more pre-orders at the "early adopter prices" that they're not actually sending those 96 units to anybody except their own two PR people.  Especially when all of Atari's social media is now filled with people questioning their ability to deliver.

 

1282119435_Screenshot2020-07-1613_16_40.thumb.png.86dce8069e4ffd6a6397a29a67ef1d04.png

 

 

Yes... on all of YouTube, there isn't one single reviewer who's offered a fair shake of the VCS.  Not a one.  Every single channel is here, giving Albert taco money.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul Slocum said:

Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing a real review of any of those 96 units any time soon.  It's odd that during their last push this month to get in more pre-orders at the "early adopter prices" that they're not actually sending those 96 units to anybody except their own two PR people.  Especially when all of Atari's social media is now filled with people questioning their ability to deliver.

 

1282119435_Screenshot2020-07-1613_16_40.thumb.png.86dce8069e4ffd6a6397a29a67ef1d04.png

 

 

aka 'Shilly McShillerson'

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's is an insane public declaration. They really truly still do not have a target audience in mind with a statement like that.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

That's is an insane public declaration. They really truly still do not have a target audience in mind with a statement like that.

A target audience implies they actually have a real plan to sell it at retail and support it for any period of time. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about changing my persona on the IGG page comments. Maybe if I play the shill, I will get a free test unconsole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TACODON said:

I'm thinking about changing my persona on the IGG page comments. Maybe if I play the shill, I will get a free test unconsole?

Question... let's say you agree to shill like crazy and sign every NDA there is.

 

What's stopping you from leaving it on a desk, going to get a sandwich, and letting me wander in with an iPhone?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Question... let's say you agree to shill like crazy and sign every NDA there is.

 

What's stopping you from leaving it on a desk, going to get a sandwich, and letting me wander in with an iPhone?

 

I mean can you really leave vaporware out to be found by anyone? Do renders really escape to be found?

 

These are the philosophical tacos!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send one to John Phlegm he will give a great glowing review and even if he doesn't,  who the hell will be able to tell

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or, Atari could send one of us here a copy to review.   If we give it negative reviews, they could just write us off as trolls.  If we say good things, then that's pretty impressive.  Nothing to lose, really.

 

Trying to limit review copies to obvious supporters is ridiculous, and won't buy them much time if the product is as bad as indicators say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agillig said:

Or, Atari could send one of us here a copy to review.   If we give it negative reviews, they could just write us off as trolls.  If we say good things, then that's pretty impressive.  Nothing to lose, really.

 

Trying to limit review copies to obvious supporters is ridiculous, and won't buy them much time if the product is as bad as indicators say.

It won't buy them *any* time.  Not so much as an hour.  L'Atari is stuck in this weird myth where a company can "control the narrative" if the product isn't up to snuff.  The first one that rolls off the assembly line, it's going to be all over the web.  If l'Atari doesn't realize that, it's yet another sign they shouldn't be doing business in the 21st century.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

That's is an insane public declaration. They really truly still do not have a target audience in mind with a statement like that.

I'm not surprised. They don't treat criticism as an opportunity to take feedback, improve or better communicate with their community. They desperately hide it and banish anyone who dares to ask any questions they can't or won't answer. 

 

These are not the actions of a company that cares about its community. 

 

But I also understand that the PR company may be under Atari's thumb; after all we know Atari is more than willing to just stop paying people who don't tow the line. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, godslabrat said:

It won't buy them *any* time.  Not so much as an hour.  L'Atari is stuck in this weird myth where a company can "control the narrative" if the product isn't up to snuff.  The first one that rolls off the assembly line, it's going to be all over the web.  If l'Atari doesn't realize that, it's yet another sign they shouldn't be doing business in the 21st century.

Well, if they release a batch and send them to the usual suspects, then I'm sure that group will spread the VCS Gospel as far as they can.    There are also some Youtubers who will say nice things about any product for a price.

 

It's kinda like the review embargoes certain companies have now for AAA games.   Media can't release their reviews until launch day, so as not to hurt preorders. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as I can flip my VCS preorder and get some of my money back. 

 

I've found other ways to enjoy Netflix.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agillig said:

Well, if they release a batch and send them to the usual suspects, then I'm sure that group will spread the VCS Gospel as far as they can.    There are also some Youtubers who will say nice things about any product for a price.

 

It's kinda like the review embargoes certain companies have now for AAA games.   Media can't release their reviews until launch day, so as not to hurt preorders. 

 

I'm skeptical how much more damage could be done to the pre-order numbers.  Almost three years later, is anyone still waking up in the morning and deciding to pull the trigger on this box of disappointment?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

That's is an insane public declaration. They really truly still do not have a target audience in mind with a statement like that.

I am not sure it's the right phrase, but that's a complete affidavit of means. It's beyond belief...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Historian said:

I'm not surprised. They don't treat criticism as an opportunity to take feedback, improve or better communicate with their community. They desperately hide it and banish anyone who dares to ask any questions they can't or won't answer. 

 

These are not the actions of a company that cares about its community. 

 

But I also understand that the PR company may be under Atari's thumb; after all we know Atari is more than willing to just stop paying people who don't tow the line. 

haha,  You think they pay people...

 

 

Thing is, these aren't review units for YouTubers,  these are for the "developers",...You know those "developers" making "games" for the "system"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embargo, very easy for Vaporware...

 

Very bad sign, they are not at all confident in what they have. This is Coleco Chameleon at the toy fair all over again.

 

I would love for someone to get a rogue unit and hand it over to Angry Video game Nerd IRATE GAMER, PAT the NES Punk and EEEEEEEEAN!

They would not even need tools to tear it apart, thier harsh language would certainly do that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that some lucrative individual in a china factory has not copied this console says much about it. This case just needs a famiclone board in it for the 100 games, $20 done.  They do not even think it is worth the time to make it.

How long did it take them to make a clone NES classic? I think it was all of 15 minutes before the clones hit the market xD

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the clone is already out there. Officially licensed also. The Atari Flashback. Pick the version you want. :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honesty hope StopDrop&Retro returns to do an update on the Atari VCS.

He even predicted that the only exclusive they will have for it is "CUT N' RUN is the Atari VCS' best EXCLUSIVE!!"

96 units are the only units that will be made, all of them for his best buds to sell on E-bay for$10,000 each

(allegedly)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...