IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

So... On topic. What would Atari SA need to do to make this a viable project?

Actually make it. Engineer it. Manufacture it. Ship it.

But the big thing they need is software. It will not survive if all it can play are old Atari games. Not at $300. And Linux or not, they’ve said nothing about other games that will be available on it.

Atari has no engineering division of its own, that I know of. Otherwise they wouldn’t have needed to bring in Feargal Mac. So a longer term question is - how does Atari expect to support this? Is this a one-and-done where they release it without any future updates or bug fixes? Or if (when) it needs updates, who will be handling that for them? Presumably, there will be some sort of Ataribox interface that will need maintaining.

And just to keep this post on topic... tacos.

• Like 7

Atari Needs?...Hmmmm

Brains, maybe a ton of cash,...How about some empathy, understanding, and reverence for the fans? Reverence for the name, clever marketing that delivers, word of mouth, Positive reviews from trusted sources, a decent stock listed on an American market, Creativity, Knowledge,..Engineers,...Software guys, Hardware guys...Maybe just some more guys...Gals...We all need gals...Tacos might be nice...Taco Bell will do fine...Del Taco (with that delicious Del Scorcho Sauce) if there's one within say 90 miles or so...Real Twitter followers...Less Lawyers...Gumption, Moxie, Zazz!, Buzz, Ads, Sponsors, Programmers, Many More Employees, More cash...Controllers, Consoles, Games...

Seems to me they may need quite a bit, unfortunately...

• Like 6

A product.

So... On topic. What would Atari SA need to do to make this a viable project?

Not a render, not an empty shell, not hype, and not empty promises, but an actual product. Like, 'here it is, inside and out, this is what it does, here's where you can try it yourself, here's where you can get it.'

• Like 5

Yes, I have for few weeks. It was disgustingly sticky, oven breeze, mid 70's, simply "March in Florida". Of course, within first day it became obvious locals don't really appreciate the "Wait, WhaT(F) ? How in the F*CK is this weather remotely starting to be bearable?" question.

But as an experience, it proved to be actually very useful, as from that moment, every person that shouts some glorification of Florida weather, I know I don't have to take them seriously anymore. Turns out, in any area :)

Funnily enough, despite North Jersey (north border with NY) having tropical winters, gobs of people there crave Florida weather : ))))

I'll take McMurdo at its lowest temperature in July with Condition 1 Blizzards any day over that.

you want some cheese with that whine?

• Like 1

A product.

Not a render, not an empty shell, not hype, and not empty promises, but an actual product. Like, 'here it is, inside and out, this is what it does, here's where you can try it yourself, here's where you can get it.'

Careful ! That's crazy talk !

I used to think, that the hype leading up to PS3 launch was the craziest one.

At least we knew what kind of HW is there...

meh, this has turned into RetroColecoVGSChameleon II: The Redonkening. At this point, Atari has moved to the Planet Zeist, and Michael Ironside is doing the marketing.

-Thom

no it started that way

here's this shiny box!

oh? what does it do, whats in it, and what can we expect

it cost 300 bucks!

ok what does it do, whats in it, and what can we expect

here's a controller!

ok what does it do, whats in it, and what can we expect, ya know what fuck it, taco's

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 8