IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I think Atari might have something now that I think about it. I heard awhile back that Taco Bell was going to deliver in some places. Maybe the Ataribox should have a Taco Bell app where people can order Tacos from home on the Ataribox. That might be a major selling point. People are interested in tacos.

I watched this video again last night, the interview with Feargal Mac about the Ataribox.

His demeanor (as well as non-answers) betrays the reality of the situation: Ataribox team has nothing. It's clear, at least to me, that he is giving a sales pitch. Only with no product to sell, it's more of a hail mary pass. Or perhaps a shotgun approach? I don't even know what metaphor fits best, but watch how he nervously grabs his neck when asked a pointed question.

Also notice his feet are fidgeting sometimes whereas the interviewer on the right never seems to move his. Another sign of a liar.

• Like 1

They have plugins that do the tracking for you. So you just make a 3d game and mostly done. Think about it. Looking around with a head tracker is the same as using a joystick to look up and down. It's amazing how easy it is to program these days,

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=relevance/query=vr&tracker&head

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/virtual-reality/deploying-your-vr-project

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

BTW: I was the FIRST software reviewer on the internet.

Al Gore, is that you? It's me, tacobox.

BTW: any remaining shred of credibility you might (note: MIGHT) have had totally fucking evaporated with that above statement of yours.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 4

Al Gore, is that you? It's me, tacobox.

BTW: any remaining shred of credibility you might (note: MIGHT) have had totally fucking evaporated with that above statement of yours.

This is from someone that constantly trashes Atari. Thanks.

Now I can prove I did reviews on the internet in 1994. I challenge you to find someone that did it before me. Anyone? Bueller? No. no one. I used another name obviously. Most people didn't even hear of the internet until windows 95 came out. If you look at my Jammer CD for the Atari Jaguar and today go into a Gamestop, they seem pretty simular. Where do you think they got the idea from? I tried shopping around the video series later to companies like Microsoft and Sony and Babbages and Electronics Boutique but couldn't get the financial backing. Now you go on youtube and see people doing what I did in college in 1986-1987. So until you prove me wrong, then lighten up and grow up. There's no need to cuss on an Atari web site. It's supposed to be fun.

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos

Early reviews are in ... on this thread:

"We laughed. We cried. We craved tacos." -- Baltimore Examiner

"It's the best thread since the invention of the Internet." -- The New York Times

"There is so much positivity and fun in this thread that for a minute there I thought I was on Nickelodeon." - Schizophretard

"I wish I was still alive to review this." -- Roger Ebert

post-39941-0-76977300-1513167668.jpg

Hattip to Big Huge Labs for their movie poster tool.

• Like 12

Today's schedule:

- Wake up

- Besmirch the good name of Atari while shaking my fist at the sky

- Tacos

- Stuff people wearing Atari T-shirts into woodchipper; intersperse with more besmirching of Atari

- More tacos

- Post videos of the day's Atari besmirchery on YouTube

- Feed cat

- Late-night taco snack

- Go to bed

• Like 6

Even the letters VR make me sick.

The problem is my eyes see movement and my body does not move thus confusing my brain and getting sick. I think that is why..

Try a VR rollercoaster. Yuck!!

VR coasters don't bother me,

The only thing that got me nauseous in VR so far was turning off VR controls in Minecraft. I thought I could handle it, but I doubt I could last more than a minute in that mode without throwing up.

The principle of my daughters school sent a letter home explaining the DISEASE of head lice. A poorly written letter to the parents full of grammatical errors.

She probably has an English major?

My wife who is a legal assistant found lots of errors in the letter and laughed about it. Kind of funny as I would expect better from a teacher. They write like grade 7 students most of the time. Must be lazy or dumb?

I'm not normally a grammar nazi, but since everyone else is doing it...

head of school is a 'principal', not 'principle' :P

• Like 3