IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

That's interesting ... it's another StartEngine "investment opportunity."

https://www.startengine.com/lgbt-media-inc

Once again, "Atari" and friends are between 5 and 10 years behind the curve. The time to launch a new social media presence has long past, and it's not like there's an unserved market here.

Like their tone-deaf "Atari VCS" campaign that wouldn't know a good game if it were dropped on its head, or it's fuzzy-headed cryptocurrency flailing, this is buzzword-heavy, and appears to be written from the outsider's perspective of what the LGBT community might want.

If there's any question about their motivation, this lays it to rest:

With only 60,000 users, they're not looking to conquer the world, just keep their project going and maybe get enough attention to grow a bit. Sounds a lot like "Atari."

From the crowdfunding page

"$5,000 or more investment:

- You will receive 6 months of Free upgraded Rainbow Membership on the LGBTQutie app.

- You will receive our special limited edition LGBTQutie frisbee.

- You will receive a special limited edition Atari Rainbow Fuji hat.

So for only $5,000 you get a frisbee and a hat. Already that's looking like a better deal than the Atari VCS since those things (probably) exist

• Like 4

From the crowdfunding page

"$5,000 or more investment:

- You will receive 6 months of Free upgraded Rainbow Membership on the LGBTQutie app.

- You will receive our special limited edition LGBTQutie frisbee.

- You will receive a special limited edition Atari Rainbow Fuji hat.

So for only $5,000 you get a frisbee and a hat. Already that's looking like a better deal than the Atari VCS since those things (probably) exist

I believe you'd also be buying shares of [LGBT Media] "Class B Non-Voting Common Stock" at $1.22 each (plus get a bonus 10% extra shares).

I believe you'd also be buying shares of "Class B Non-Voting Common Stock" at $1.22 each (plus get a bonus 10% extra shares).

With their track record you might as well be buying an ownership stake in the Brooklyn Bridge

• Like 2

I should have specified the stock would be in LGBT Media, or whatever they have set up. I didn't look into it very far, but I know StartEngine's whole schtick is that donors may make money off their contribution if the app or company does.

I'm fairly certain Atari is involved in name only, but I'm just some guy on the innernets.

With their track record you might as well be buying an ownership stake in the Brooklyn Bridge

They wish. I'm the only authorized sales channel for the Brooklyn Bridge. I'm also running a very limited time offer for the first 100 people to message me via these forums. I've also reached a special licensing deal with Atari, Coleco, Intellivision and Nintendo for branding rights. We've also got Sigfox, virtual stuff, PacMan and crypto currency on board. Contact me for further details. Cash and credit cards are accepted.

Brooklyn-Bridge-For-Sale-90-off-labeled-

• Like 6

As predicted!

post-2410-0-32794000-1504875704.jpg

Completely Unnecessary Podcast talked about AtariBox again. These guys get a lot of attention and be considered influencers in the retro/collecting scene. There will probably be a standalone segment on YouTube later, but if you scrub this to about the 1 hour mark, that's where the Atari VCS talk begins.

There's not much new, except for the oft-repeated assertion that except for nostalgia, there's not much here. They point out that 50-year-old men are heavily featured in the promo spot, which talks about the design of the box, not the games. They repeat another thing I've heard before: the belief that the "VCS" will only come with 100 Atari 2600 games, and no arcade games. This isn't accurate if the new system is using the existing version of Atari Vault. Atari never lists the games in Atari Vault on their crowdfunding page, because they're so in love with the box they built.

The other interesting misconception is the idea that the new system will come with Tempest 4000, as opposed to just having it available in their store at launch. Atari SA has been somewhat ambiguous about this. I would guess that anyone throwing $300 at them at this point in time won't care much either way, but it seems like the kind of thing that could bite them in the ass. If they decide to bundle it in, seems like a significant number of backers might be like, "I thought it was already part of the deal!"

Pat and Ian also spoke briefly about the Tallarico Intellivision project, stating that if "Atari VCS" can get 15,000 in pre-orders, an Intellivision reboot would only get 1,000. They're probably right about the relative popularity of the systems and their libraries. Tallarico has stated that there's an unmet need for family gaming, which is true if you only consider Sony and Microsoft, but as Pat Contri points out, Nintendo's in the mix and they have that covered. Ian stated that he thought the intentions behind the new Intellivision were better than that of the "Atari VCS" (I agree with this), but that both efforts are likely to only get attention at launch, then nothing else in terms of software development and support.

• Like 3

They wish. I'm the only authorized sales channel for the Brooklyn Bridge. I'm also running a very limited time offer for the first 100 people to message me via these forums. I've also reached a special licensing deal with Atari, Coleco, Intellivision and Nintendo for branding rights. We've also got Sigfox, virtual stuff, PacMan and crypto currency on board. Contact me for further details. Cash and credit cards are accepted.

Brooklyn-Bridge-For-Sale-90-off-labeled-

Claiming ownership of something that belongs to someone else is more of a Coleco move.

• Like 3

Good, they finally posted the images of the prototype. I would have but I was restricted by my NDA. Stay tuned for more ground breaking information I can't tell you about.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything more than anyone else, but "insider" is a good term for me.

• Like 5

So what you're saying is, the only new game they've shown off, the dev wasn't even aware if was being ported to the Ataribox. How is this even a thing? How they hell was this not communicated? What hardware did they show Tempest 4000 playing on..... oh hell, I know better than that to ask that question...

• Like 3

Well nuts... that's disappointing.

This "Atari" has generally seemed like a reputable, dependable purveyor of honesty and quality products.

• Like 10

This "Atari" has generally seemed like a reputable, dependable purveyor of honesty and quality products.

giphy.gif

But seriously ... it won't make a bit of difference. The Atari VCS lives in a fact-free zone, and the people who already put money on it don't care what it does or how it works. They just want a new thing that says "Atari" on it, and if it's not mass-produced, that makes it even more "rare" and "valuable" and "interesting."

• Like 12

It's truly incredible what Atari SA has accomplished. You know Atari SA has done a good job when this photo makes more logical sense then everything we've seen from Atari so far.

post-42460-0-69800400-1528384899_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"They told me there was a Golf game"

OMG I nearly lost it at that comment. :rolling:

Other things wrong

-The mom is clearly not looking at the TV (actually I don't think any of them are)
-The NES isn't turned on

-No AC Adapter cord, or any cords at all coming out of the back of the NES

-Mario jumping right into the hole

-Using an NEC Tv. NEC was a pretty big competitor around that time in Japan with their PC Engine.

-Those two boys are clearly not brothers

-The two boys are getting along and aren't fighting and trying to kill each other

Edited by Pink
  • Like 7

You know, by showing and advert of a game on a TV that is not actual without a disclaimer is a clear violation of FTC rules. If the Yar's Revenge video is a video insert and not actually on the TV set that the guy is playing, then that is a violation. The same goes for Tempest 4000. There is a reason in Best Buy ads, when they show TV sets, they have a disclaimer saying it is simulated. As Ricky Ricardo would say, "You got some splaining to do!".

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2014/09/full-disclosure

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos
  • Like 2

You know, by showing and advert of a game on a TV that is not actual without a disclaimer is a clear violation of FTC rules. If the Yar's Revenge video is a video insert and not actually on the TV set that the guy is playing, then that is a violation. The same goes for Tempest 4000. There is a reason in Best Buy ads, when they show TV sets, they have a disclaimer saying it is simulated. As Ricky Ricardo would say, "You got some splaining to do!".

OMG: How can they mess up every single thing over the last year? It's mind boggling.

I was going to say, not just Best Buy but all sorts of advertisements and trailers you see all sorts of little fine print disclaimers.

Now this Atari SA can claim they're based out of France or whatever, and I don't know jack about laws in France or Europe in general, but in my experience from lurking internet forums for years, Europe usually seems stricter and less lenient then the US when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Like for example the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and the X, they were the first iPhones that Apple released without that fine print and regulatory markings on the back but in Europe they're still required by law to have them. I remember when they came out and people from Europe were complaining on forums and reddit and what not.

iphone-x-back-silver-100742315-large.jpg

post-42460-0-47333700-1528389018.png

Edited by Pink

I was going to say, not just Best Buy but all sorts of advertisements and trailers you see all sorts of little fine print disclaimers.

Now this Atari SA can claim they're based out of France or whatever, and I don't know jack about laws in France or Europe in general, but in my experience from lurking internet forums for years, Europe usually seems stricter and less lenient then the US when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Like for example the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and the X, they were the first iPhones that Apple released without that fine print and regulatory markings on the back but in Europe they're still required by law to have them. I remember when they came out and people from Europe were complaining on forums and reddit and what not.

attachicon.giftweetiphonefrance.png

Hell, on my videos on YouTube every single one has a FTC disclaimer saying I was not paid yet would accept donations (hint, hint, wink, wink). Of course I have 4 college degrees (such as: Radio-TV, Film and Multimedia) so I studied this stuff. I also put in the fair use clause too just in case you got some ideas.

"Disclaimer: This is a copyrighted original video of original content. All acquired material has been licensed out or is exempt because of "Fair Use". Modifying the output of the video, which includes covering up the content with annotations, is an infringement of the owner's copyright. This material is educational, newsworthy, informational and non-profit.

FTC Disclaimer: The video reviews on this channel are done without payment compensation, however donations to the website are gladly accepted."

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos
  • Like 1

"They told me there was a Golf game"

OMG I nearly lost it at that comment. :rolling:

Other things wrong

-The mom is clearly not looking at the TV (actually I don't think any of them are)

-The NES isn't turned on

-No AC Adapter cord, or any cords at all coming out of the back of the NES

-Mario jumping right into the hole

-Using an NEC Tv. NEC was a pretty big competitor around that time in Japan with their PC Engine.

-Those two boys are clearly not brothers

-The two boys are getting along and aren't fighting and trying to kill each other

Plus, the father looks like, "When am I going to get paid for this?"

The mother is thinking, "Maybe they'll see me in this ad and I'll be the new Carol Brady!"

And the little brother must thinking, "I want my free pizza!"

• Like 2

Plus, the father looks like, "When am I going to get paid for this?"

The mother is thinking, "Maybe they'll see me in this ad and I'll be the new Carol Brady!"

And the little brother must thinking, "I want my free pizza!"

The look on the mother's face to me says "OK Bill, one more level and we break it to them we're getting a divorce"

Today's backing numbers. $2.714,692 USD, raised by 10,366 backers with 23 days left in the campaign. There appears to be a steady, but small, stream of new investors daily.

I still expect there will be an uptick in investment right before the end of the run, which is fairly common with crowd funding campaigns.

I also recently purchased 97 shares of Atari SA stock. Now is the time to invest! :grin:

• Like 1