IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

X-Box Mini would be kind of cute. Use parts of similar spec (well, compatible of playing games designed for), but on a modern little (not Huge like), mini PC. icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I've got something like that. It can play Xbox hits like Knights of the Old Republic, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Bully, Geometry Wars 3, and more.

post-2410-0-76575200-1530304374.jpeg

• Like 3

Well that explains it, your frontal lobes are still developing.

Not that a millennial like yourself needs ANYthing associated with "Atari."

You were a kid when big black Xbox was new. Wouldn't you rather have a throwback to that?

Actually I'd piss on that. Sega was my childhood, and I never got used to it when they left consoles. XD

If this Indiegogo campaign was for a new Sega console, you would never have convinced me to pull out of it even if it was a scam. Lol.

It was even difficult pulling out of this one because I'm fascinated with the Atari brand, and I also like supporting the underdog. xD

Sony and Microsoft are shit in my eyes. So yeah... XD

• Like 1

This still needs to happen.

I have it on good authority that Atari has this whole thing figured out.

They're going to take a cue from the most successful merchandising franchise of all time, and start out the exact same way Star Wars did!

Here's your first look at The AtariVCS Pre-Order Early Bird Certificate Package! Just like Star Wars did when they had no action figures to sell, Atari's going to sell empty boxes instead! Go with your strengths!

The package features a fold-out cardboard rendering of the AtariVCS, and includes a display area where you can put your controllers as you collect them!

But hurry - when these are announced next week, they're going to go fast! These are sure to become collector's items!

attachicon.gifataribox-early-bird.jpg

• Like 5

Just got an email.....

"FINAL CALL: Last Day for Discounts

Act NOW - Before your deal disappears.

All pre-order discounts, including yours, end tonight at 11:59pm PT, so hurry and join more than 11,000 backers who've seized the moment and pre-ordered the most anticipated game and entertainment system on the market.

Don't be left out. Pre-order
Atari VCS now to enjoy classic and modern games on a platform that will only keep expanding, changing, and improving to meet your every gaming need.

Don't miss out, there just a few hours left!

Game on,
Atari VCS Team"

If we were in a Pub they are ringing the bell for last orders.... any takers?

One last thing, if I were them, I would not use the word bomb (as in diggity). It is just how this thing may go down (it bombed... we may be saying in a years time....)

I'll go back to my real Ataribox, a Lynx II with that awesome new screen from Germany and SD cart from Merry Olde England and I've also got my Flashback portable that will plug into a TV or monitor with a lot more games than the vault (which I've also already got on Steam...) Then I just need my July Tempest 4000 on me PS4 and that pretty much has it all covered already :-)

Game On Chaps!

• Like 1

i'm all about the underdog, but if they're asking for money up front with no obligation to deliver anything and no recourse if they decide to dip i'm gonna need a bit more to go on than a couple empty boxes and an atari logo.

Exactly. And that's what made the decision so difficult.

Part of me is fucking pissed that I cancelled my Day 1 pledge, because the general consensus seems to say that they're likely going to at least ship the console to backers. So I lost out for sure on one of the rarer numbered units.

Not that the system won't probably turn out to be rare/obscure anyway. xD

The other part of me is glad I pulled out, and just got the joystick/modern controller duo instead. That way I'm still supporting the underdog, but not breaking the bank to do so. So if this thing really DOES flop, I'm only out $60.

Technically I could still go for the woodgrain model tonight, or one of the black models (though I'd really prefer the wood model instead xD).

If this thing hits retail/Amazon, I know for a fact I'm getting it. So either way, I'm supporting the cause. Not like us developers could even get the console earlier anyways.

• Like 1

Just checked the funding page. Only 12 hours remain! It's the final countdown!

$2,950,931 USD raised by 11203 backers with 12 hours remaining.

Place your bets now! Will there be a last minute spike in funding? Will they break 3 million? Will this topic have thousands of new taco posts? Who else is going to stick around for all the drama, the pageantry, the gnashing of teeth, and the "hey you kids get off my lawn" posts that are sure to come with the conclusion of this epic crowd funding campaign?

It's a great time to be a member of Atari Age. Grab your popcorn and get ready for the fun!

Whatever the Indiegogo campaign ends at is irrelevant. Actually building and delivering the devices they've promised (along with the online infrastructure to deliver content to or usable by them) is what matters.

That is the spot on the table where you need to place your chips, m'lad. This is far from being the end.

• Like 4

Yeah,

1 Nu VCS isn't ON the market

2 ...but if we're talking about game and entertainment system / stuff that isn't here / for sale yet, I imagine there are quite a few folks anticipating a FONY PS5 or some other box from Microsofty....

Arf Arf...

Who ever called these clowns the underdog? These guys stumble upon the abandoned dog on the side of the road, shot the dog, buried it in the pet cemetery, dug it up and ate it for supper and became the mutant zombie halflings of the canine corpse.m

• Like 2

Who ever called these clowns the underdog? These guys stumble upon the abandoned dog on the side of the road, shot the dog, buried it in the pet cemetery, dug it up and ate it for supper and became the mutant zombie halflings of the canine corpse.m

o u o LOL

Well THAT was creative xD

Don't be left out. Pre-order Atari VCS now to enjoy classic and modern games on a platform that will only keep expanding*, changing** and improving*** to meet your every gaming need.

* Expanding: Due to the Atari VCS' unique all-plastic heat sink/shell design, your Atari VCS will literally expand as the console heats up. This is a feature, not a bug.

** Changing: See: "Expanding". Also: "Exploding".

*** Improving: This is entirely up to you. Since it's open source, we're leaving all such "improvements" such as "updates", "features" and "fixes" up to our "highly engaged community". Assuming we ever ship this thing, we'll be hands-off the instant it leaves the factory in China. Have fun, haters!

• Like 8

7 hours to go and still that third million eludes them.

It's pretty common to see a late rush to get in on a crowdfunded project, but in this case it seems to be almost exactly balanced out by those in a rush to get out.

because the general consensus seems to say that they're likely going to at least ship the console to backers.

That is not the case AT ALL. Where and who is part of this general consensus you speak of that agrees they will ship this console that so far is nothing more than a plastic shell?

• Like 8

So Lod you initially had an order for the collector's edition with the certificate of authenticity? That sucks man. I'd assume those will be worth something to someone later regardless what happens.

Exactly. And that's what made the decision so difficult.

Part of me is fucking pissed that I cancelled my Day 1 pledge, because the general consensus seems to say that they're likely going to at least ship the console to backers. So I lost out for sure on one of the rarer numbered units.

Not that the system won't probably turn out to be rare/obscure anyway. xD

The other part of me is glad I pulled out, and just got the joystick/modern controller duo instead. That way I'm still supporting the underdog, but not breaking the bank to do so. So if this thing really DOES flop, I'm only out $60.

Technically I could still go for the woodgrain model tonight, or one of the black models (though I'd really prefer the wood model instead xD).

If this thing hits retail/Amazon, I know for a fact I'm getting it. So either way, I'm supporting the cause. Not like us developers could even get the console earlier anyways.

So Lod you initially had an order for the collector's edition with the certificate of authenticity? That sucks man. I'd assume those will be worth something to someone later regardless what happens.

Yeah, and now im really regretting it.... I keep flip flopping back and forth because im hearing people say "Its a scam, get your money back!" So i did, and now you have people like Smash GT coming out and saying "Weeeelllllll......."

I should never participate in any forums for advice because i keep getting all these mixed viewpoints and its confusing the fuck out of me. Everyones throwing around meatless arguments, "It's a scam!", "No! It's real!" And neither side backs their claims up with any proof. Now i feel like ive been gypped for pulling out of the Day 1 pledge. Thanks a lot internet... Lol

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 1

Yeah, and now im really regretting it.... I keep flip flopping back and forth because im hearing people say "Its a scam, get your money back!" So i did, and now you have people like Smash GT coming out and saying "Weeeelllllll......."

I should never participate in any forums for advice because i keep getting all these mixed viewpoints and its confusing the fuck out of me. Everyones throwing around meatless arguments, "It's a scam!", "No! It's real!" And neither side backs their claims up with any proof. Now i feel like ive been gypped for pulling out of the Day 1 pledge. Thanks a lot internet... Lol

Dude, cowboy the hell up. My 15-year-old is more decisive than you.

post-6333-0-32511900-1530319758.gif

• Like 7

Well the modern controller has to work. It's just a regular bluetooth gamepad, and the system is a standard Linux-based PC essentially. I imagine it would even work with Android if you tried pairing it with your phone.

Your father gave you good advice (not caught up on posts). Save the money to spend time with your girl friend. Seriously. I mean it. Human interaction and spending time with the people you care about is more important than even a real console.

Now stay off the internet for a few days. When ever I question something or asking "is that a good idea", I know it probably isn't, and if I can't let it go, leave it be. Go spend time with your dad, volunteer at your local animal shelter, kick soccer balls at a field until your feet fall off, help out with chores your parents may struggle with, meals on wheels. Stressing over real consoles isn't worth it, and stressing over something you deep down know will be crap surely isn't worth it.

• Like 9