IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Hey guys,

I am currently following this guy around the streets of LA! I'll let you know what I come up with when I catch him!

Anybody know what Miches are?

Looks like it's our kind of thing. https://www.instagram.com/tacosnmiches/?hl=en

#TACOSNMICHES

Social Taqueria serving good street style food and the best Micheladas and Margaritas in Whittier and Downey

#tacosnmiches tag us for a free shot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelada

A michelada (Spanish pronunciation: [mitʃeˈlaða]) is a Mexican cerveza preparada made with beer, lime juice, and assorted sauces, spices, and peppers.[1] It is served in a chilled, salt-rimmed glass.[2] There are numerous variations of this beverage throughout Mexico and Latin America.[1][2]

In Latin America, micheladas are often believed to be a folk remedy for hangovers. There are different variations of micheladas; for example, in Mexico City, the most common form is prepared with beer, lime, salt, and particular hot sauces or chile slices. There are several other optional ingredients, such as Maggi sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chamoy powder, serrano peppers, Camaronazo, Clamato, or slices of orange.

I am 99.999999% certain that midwest "taco john" place with the tater tots discussed elsewhere in this thread are unlikely to sell these beverages. /snob

• Like 5

... So many unanswered questions. Let me see if I have the basic timeline down:

- F. Mac ropes in a chunk of change for the Gameband, one version of which has an Atari license

- With Atari SA's ear, he pitches the idea of an all new Atari console to them

- Atari SA bites, F. Mac (seeing a bigger pot of gold at the end) ditches the Gameband project and starts work on the Ataribox crowdfunding campaign

- Atari SA realizes they never needed F. Mac in the first place and fires him

- F. Mac sues trying to get SOME cut of the pie that he was expecting

- Atari SA countersues and here we are

Maybe poor Atari SA -is- the real victim here. After all, they got roped into making a game console they never intended to make in the first place! Also, what the hell ever happened to The Historian?

I only wish the backers of Ataribox realized they never needed "Atari" either. This stupid project should have died on the vine like so many other bad crowdfunding ideas.

Build your own Ataribox

David? Still under NDA I guess? Maybe quoting him will summon his spirit.

Clearly a lot has changed.

I totally understand that, but my hands are tied and I'm gagged. Any business endeavor is complex and... shit happens.

I've carefully chosen what I've said to stay within the legal bounds of my NDA, but given as much as I can. And will continue to do so. This means that I know information I cannot share. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The case was real, not rendered; I never saw inside it. The joystick is real and functional. The "Super" social media posts came from real people who signed up, but didn’t bother to change the default text in a pre-populated tweet. In fact using the social tools out there, @AtariBoxProject has a higher percentage of "real" followers than I do.

I am choosing to continue to work with Feargal on GameBand.

• Like 3

Ahhhh ... Ummm .. Ehhh ... Speachless! I feel like I'm watching a Scientology documentary!

post-52250-0-71178900-1541562119.gif

Maybe poor Atari SA -is- the real victim here. After all, they got roped into making a game console they never intended to make in the first place! Also, what the hell ever happened to The Historian?

Simple analogy really .. and no need to guess whose who! :roll:

post-52250-0-64932200-1541562499.jpg

I was totally joking about Atari SA being the victim :) Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through. I was trying to poke fun of the "work-in-progress" pics where they just look soooo dejected.

I just find this whole situation pathetic. Feargal gets a quarter million dollars (!!) for Gameband, and has absolutely nothing to show for it. Realizing how easy it is to crowdfund a non-existent product with a bunch of salesman bullshit and flowery words, he pitches the idea of a new console to Atari who gave him the green light. He puts together a render of a sharp looking case and figures it's easy to crowdfund the "insides", just like Mike Kennedy did (and I said as much in this thread over a year ago). I don't think Feargal knew of the Mike Kennedy / Coleco Chameleon fiasco at that time, but even if he did, Atari SA sure didn't.

So between Gameband and Ataribox, they've pulled in $3.25 million fucking dollars and don't have to even make anything! Feargal will blame Atari for the Gameband failing. Atari will blame Feargal for the Ataribox failing.

I have no sympathy for anyone who pledged for the Ataribox. It had all the red flags flying high, right from the beginning. However, I do feel bad for the Gameband backers, who just wanted a watch and had nothing to do with any of this. They are left totally in the dark with nothing to show for their pledges. The Gameband should have happened regardless of whether there was an Atari version or not, but I'm sure it was just easier to keep the money and go completely silent.

Edited by glazball
  • Like 5

And just to keep things in perspective. From all of this clusterf#@kery of both operations to date, tangible things that have actually happened as a result of these "projects" include:

• Feargal makes "prototype" video of a watch he didn't make and doesn't represent anything he proposes to make.
  • Feargal cons backers out of a quarter million for said watch that doesn't exist.
  • Feargal gets lengthy apartment stays in NewYork and San Francisco
  • 3D renders created of a ribbed box and a couple cardboard boxes. (Took me 15 minutes to do same)
  • Plastic slugs were 3D printed of 2 generic controllers and the ribbed box with LED lights stuck in them.
  • Fake gameplay video was released with Feargal pretending to play Centipede with the classic looking fake controller. (no evidence exists to this day that any part shown is functional)
  • More fake gameplay video released of someone pretending to play tempest 2000 on the ribbed plastic slug with LEDs in it.
  • Gameband fails miserably and Feargal refuses to acknowledge any of his incensed backers.
  • Atari SA cons people into "pre-ordering" something that doesn't exist for a total of about 3M.
  • Pictures released of guys scratching their ass around an off the shelf diagnostic board in a garage.
  • Atari SA drops off the map and stops updating their backers.
  • Lawsuits filed against both scammer outfits against each other.
  • Max Ivy promises great things from Atari Stock......again.

Did I miss anything?

• Like 14

And just to keep things in perspective. From all of this clusterf#@kery of both operations to date, tangible things that have actually happened as a result of these "projects" include:

• Feargal makes "prototype" video of a watch he didn't make and doesn't represent anything he proposes to make.
  • Feargal cons backers out of a quarter million for said watch that doesn't exist.
  • 3D renders created of a ribbed box and a couple cardboard boxes. (Took me 15 minutes to do same)
  • Plastic slugs were 3D printed of 2 generic controllers and the ribbed box with LED lights stuck in them.
  • Fake gameplay video was released with Feargal pretending to play Centipede with the classic looking fake controller. (no evidence exists to this day that any part shown is functional)
  • More fake gameplay video released of someone pretending to play tempest 2000 on the ribbed plastic slug with LEDs in it.
  • Gameband fails miserably and Feargal refuses to acknowledge any of his incensed backers.
  • Atari SA cons people into "pre-ordering" something that doesn't exist for a total of about 3M.
  • Pictures released of guys scratching their ass around an off the shelf diagnostic board in a garage.

Did I miss anything?

great summary! :)

I added the latest update from No-tari's IGG.

post-52262-0-27460300-1541610923.jpg

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 3

A fresh update is in the works is what Mike Kennedy said, as he was jamming different things in a Jaguar shell to figure out what to pass off as his next prototype.

Changing the name from AtariBox to Atari VCS is basically the same as when Retro VGS was changed to Coleco Chameleon.

• Like 7

Okay, so, they made an announcement that there is going to be an announcement. This is typical Pink Sheets "buy the news" shenanigans to try and tempt people to buy their stock and hopefully bump up the price so they (the company) can sell some of what they hold.

Okay, so, they made an announcement that there is going to be an announcement. This is typical Pink Sheets "buy the news" shenanigans to try and tempt people to buy their stock and hopefully bump up the price so they (the company) can sell some of what they hold.

They have been announcing announcements since day 1 :)

• Like 1

This is typical Pink Sheets "buy the news" shenanigans to try and tempt people to buy their stock and hopefully bump up the price so they (the company) can sell some of what they hold.

This is the real business they're in. Those goobers, including Feargal, have shares of Atari SA stock laying around like toilet paper. If they can bump the value by mere pennys, they make money if they can dump enough before the value drops again by virtue of the sheer number of nearly worthless shares being sold. It's a crime that they are allowed to be listed on any stock exchange. They're using their publicly traded status to gin up the stock price rather than managing the business to improve the stock value.

• Like 4

Here is Feargal's complaint by way of DreamcastGuy, just in case that Mega link goes away. attachicon.gifDoc 1 - Complaint.pdf

Lawsuits offer a great look into the inner workings of a business -- details that the parties would often like to keep hidden.

The only thing I want to add to this discussion is that this is just the initial pleading -- it is not necessarily accurate or true. Atari will, presumably, file a statement of defense presenting "their facts". The objective reality is somewhere between those two points. Given what we know about all of the parties involved, I would view every statement made by both sides with much skepticism.

One interesting (if small) point, the "1.5% of all revenue received" (p. 6) does not specify gross or net revenue. Now, we are not privy to the original contract, so it may just be sloppy drafting in the pleadings, but no competent lawyer would have overlooked such an omission in the agreement between Feargal and Atari.

• Like 4

how can people sue each other for things that do not exist... even in prototype form?

i mean they take people's money, and go to courts over who owes who what for work that was never done, Judge should lock them up for fraud! this is insane!

Samsung showed the Taco phone today, it exists in some form, even if it is thick like double layered flatbread but it exists, these clowns have fake gameplay on a fake console with fake controllers... nothing exists, at least the Coleceo Scam-a-million had a shell, an ATARI shell, even Atari cant make an Atari shell prototype. I ant to cry because I am losing hope in humanity's distrust of each other, where is the contempt for your fellow Man/Woman xD

we just came out of the Coleco fiasco an dived into this mess! what is next I ask of you?

Ok, i am going to go on IGG, I have an idea, ill sell you a kit that will turn your used soiled mattress into a pinball machine, need $1,000,000 please Bally Williams ( have nothing to do with it but buzzword)

how can people sue each other for things that do not exist... even in prototype form? i mean they take people's money, and go to courts over who owes who what for work that was never done,

They have $3 million from indigogo with no enforceable promise to deliver to the backers, which gives them 3 million things to go to court and fight about.

Edited by Hannacek
  • Like 4

Eggggggzzzzatly! Their true motivations are on display for all to see. They could give two shits about delivering the products they promised. They're falling all over themselves to get the money they scammed hapless backers out of. I expect Fergie burned through all the Gameband backer money a while back with rent, airfare and such. Don't try to suggest he's jetsetting between Spain, San Francisco and New York on his own dime. His checks probably started bouncing about the time he filed the suit against Atari SA. These pathological scumbags use their history of bouncing from company to company and changing addresses as some kind of legitimacy to bolster their front of being "high level executives in tech" when in reality, they are transients who can't keep a job in tech and live off the companies' travel allowances until they're cut loose. I have no doubt the companies he lists on his resume would not sing his praises. At best they'd say, "who?"

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 2

... These pathological scumbags use their history of bouncing from company to company and changing addresses as some kind of legitimacy to bolster their front of being "high level executives in tech" when in reality, they are transients who can't keep a job in tech and live off the companies' travel allowances until they're cut loose. I have no doubt the companies he lists on his resume would not sing his praises. At best they'd say, "who?"

Scumbag! execs! of-the-Week... weeek...wee.we.we.w

Dont worry,, they will get their cummupins sooner or later, Eddie Lampert is already feeling the stink from his pillaging and plundering of Sears.

Perhaps Fred should start a new IGG, this time a limited edition "SEARS" Atari VCS,

He will easily hit another 2 million with this one.

The only winners out of this are likely to be the lawyers. $3 million will only go so far, and if this suit ever actually sees a court, the chances are it'll all be gone.

Still, maybe Feargal will settle for a couple of hundred thousand in non-preferential Atari stock? If he's so sure that the VCS is a ticket to riches for the company, that could ultimately be worth millions for him.

• Like 3

I was totally joking about Atari SA being the victim :) Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through. I was trying to poke fun of the "work-in-progress" pics where they just look soooo dejected.

Nah I got it :thumbsup: Good reference to chuck the pic against. But I digress ....

Did I miss anything?

thanks for thinking of me :0)