IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

lol lol there are also the innocents

those who still have not understood that Atari is just the Brand for the project

Atari I repeat for a long time did not invent anything in this project ( Atari is just the LOGO )

the project includes several partners and Atari is one of them

you'll see, the news is coming ;0) be patient

Partners like the Tin Giant coffee and sandwich shop?

:P

• Like 3

those who still have not understood that Atari is just the Brand for the project

Atari I repeat for a long time did not invent anything in this project ( Atari is just the LOGO )

Almost ALL of us understand that, because companies consisting of IP lawyers don't invent anything.

The case was done by a third party as a favor to Chesnais. Feargal Mac got the bid to try and make something fit in it. When he got shit canned, they had to bring in Wyatt, because they had literally no one else. The first crowd funding delay over the "one problem with the controller" was because Chesnais was trying to screw over Dream Gear. They then got Power A to make them.

There are no big partners here. Just a ridiculous, irrelevant company still trying to matter.

• Like 6

Looks cool.

Since you're new here, allow me to welcome you to the thread that is primarily about tacos but occasionally runs off-topic into discussions, analyses, and mockery of Atari SA's incompetence and mendacity surrounding the Ataribollocks.

For the flip side of reality, permit me to direct you towards this thread. It has much lower taco content, but has basically died along with Atari SA's communication with their pigeons backers.

Good luck!

• Like 6

While searching for places where the Atari VCS has been mentioned recently, I came across a thread in the World of Tanks forum asking if it is likely that their game will be released for the VCS, if it will exist at all. The majority thinks it won't, along the lines of "chances are slim to none and slim just left town". Given that WoT exists on XB1, PS4, PC, Android, iOS etc and possibly a Switch port, I suppose it wouldn't be exclusive enough to have on the VCS as well, if Atari would go for exclusive instead of being an alternative to existing competition. Then again Tempest 4000 already is out on most of those other systems, and they didn't seem to mind using it as an example game.

• Like 3

New guy here. What is this thing really? And what is the cost going to be? Do you buy downloaded games only? I really like it but need info? :? :-D

In theory the Atari VCS is an upcoming media PC running Linux, supported by a crowdfunding campaign run on Indiegogo. The problem is Atari's owners haven't released much reliable information on the project.

Before their crowdfunding campaign they released a few videos & pictures which claimed to show the system working. After their crowdfunding campaign the videos & pictures they've posted seem to show a project in it's earliest stages of development; people puzzling over stock ARM system development boards, an OS booting to a text screen, etc.

The taco jokes came about a year or two ago, when someone suggested tacos were more valuable than another crowdfunded console.

There's a few other important facts, like Atari shutting down in the mid-90's & loosing all their staff, like Infrogames buying the name only to go bankrupt, etc. Basically the folks who are doing this are not the classic Atari of old, & they don't have the resources to pull something like this off even if they had been completely honest early on.

• Like 1

New guy here. What is this thing really? And what is the cost going to be? Do you buy downloaded games only? I really like it but need info? :? :-D

You have 600 plus pages to get through so get to work and all your answers will be answered and questioned at the same time!!!!

• Like 3

It's a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

There's no "AtariBox," just a sales pitch. You can search for it on IndieGogo, but there isn't much to go on.

What do you "really like" about it? Or are you just trying to troll?

• Like 7

Y'all just quit yer bitchin' and get ready for the AtariBox exclusive day 1 release of DIRT GHERKIN.

I'm sorry, Frankodragon made me look at that other cluster of a thread, and that's the best and only line I will remember from it. Kinda like "Tacos" on this one after Fred officially shits the bed in 2-14 years.

There's nothing for which we need to apologize. Atari used scummy tactics to gain funding. Even if they build the greatest console ever known to man, that shouldn't erase that fact.

I think Mike Kennedy is still Numero Uno for most skuzzy skeezy tactician for the Retro/Coleco Chameleon, HE even schemed against IP lawyers of Coleco until he was called out by Atariage over the SnesMini in the Lets Play some Jag taco shell.

But this just shows that the problem is also with consumers, they don't question anything before making a purchase, giving away power never helps anyone, it just sets the stage for more rampant scammers to come up. the more crap you buy into the bigger the crap industry gets.

• Like 1

Mike Kennedy had a game auction website, printed a physical magazine, that mag's website, Atari Jaguar molds for which he paid thousands, and eventually a well-known classic brand name. Like Atari, he really wanted it to happen.

Whether a big dreamer that made far too many rookie mistakes or an outright con artist, I have no doubt he wanted to grow a Retroland empire. He just needed people to throw money at him without asking questions so he could.

post-39941-0-48750600-1550137948.png

• Like 8

Mike Kennedy had a game auction website, printed a physical magazine, that mag's website, Atari Jaguar molds for which he paid thousands, and eventually a well-known classic brand name.. Like Atari, he really wanted it to happen.

Whether a big dreamer that made far too many rookie mistakes or an outright con artist, I have no doubt he wanted to grow a Retroland empire. He just needed people to throw money at him without asking questions so he could.

attachicon.gifcornerthemarket.PNG

Lol. xD

Basically, he wasn't really trying to scam anyone, but he had everyone throw monies at him so he could maybe make something awesome, but he didn't know what to do to make a console, so it inadvertently turned into a scam because of that uncertainty of the project being doable for him. o uo

• Like 6