IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

P-Dubs is a good sideshow on this circus...

Sure, but he's also an obvious troll. I don't know what his angle is (shilling the stock is ridiculous) but he feeds on attention so it's probably best not to give it to him.

Do you think we'll get any questions answered at e3 next week?

1. What is the actual production timeline? They've been parked at "prototype" for a long time now.

2. Has anyone outside of the chipboard crusaders actually seen the thing in action?

3. Do the controllers, particularly the sharp-edged "classic joystick," actually work, and how do they feel?

4. What are some games that will be available in the store? Specific titles. Anything exclusive?

5. What happens to digital store purchases after this thing inevitably goes titsup?

6. Why is so much being made of sandbox mode, which is possible on every existing PC now?

7. Whose mom is having trouble with Netflix and how does this mitigate her pain?

8. Does Tempest 4000 have a Linux runtime yet?

9. How much money did Feargal get out of Fred?

10. Will the digital store carry community emulators, or will they need to be side loaded?

11. Which bright bulb came up with the "un-console" idea? Name names.

12. Is Rob Wyatt winning at his life, which is a complicated drinking game? And why does he feel the need to suggest he was the only one who built the Xbox, when in fact he was fired from the project at a fairly early stage?

13. Why doesn't Fred just give Stuart Varney a deep dive tour of the Box. He's a much friendlier audience than gamers would be. Does it play Pong? does it play Space Invaders?

14. Why would anyone get this over a real console, a real computer, or a toy 1UP Arcade or Flashback console?

I'm sure there are other questions to be asked. I hope someone with a brain is allowed to see the beautiful work in progress. Regurgitated press releases don't cut it.

Won't someone work this up to use the AtariBox cast of characters?

post-2410-0-45077900-1559746059_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

One of the things i like about Dubs is that they clearly don't see them self as a troll. They are practically a SJW for Atari, so blinded by their own BS they can't even see how wrong or stupid they are in their argument. The whole E3 thing will be a complete joke.

At this point I think my best bet is to just try to sell my PREORDER... sorry PERK to one of these Atari Keyboard Crusaders that is all over their social media right now.

I wish you wouldn't use that abbreviation. There's very little Social about AtariBox and there's certainly no Justice, at least not yet, and he is not a Warrior in the slightest. (Yes I know what you meant but it's still obnoxious)

I personally suffer from Atari Derangement Syndrome and am in no position to throw stones.

• Like 7

I just felt it was the clearest way to express how I think they see them self in this little crusade to defend the honor of Atari. I am certainly in no way saying they are one. Just an example to compare with.

Essentially how we perceive Dubs and how Dubs perceives himself are radically different.

I am sorry if I did say something inappropriately. It was not my intent.

• Like 7

I agree with Flojo and Flojo and I are diametrically opposed on many things--like whether pineapple belongs on pizza.

"Zealot" may be a word to consider using next time.

I will concur... Zealot might be the best way to describe the situation.

• Like 6

I agree with Flojo and Flojo and I are diametrically opposed on many things--like whether pineapple belongs on pizza.

It does not.

But let's not get sidetracked here.

This topic is about tacos.

I think. I'm not really sure anymore.

• Like 4

i wish i would've grabbed a screen cap last night but their AtarIntern had posted on that Reddit post as well- it's no longer there. Dubsy is sure something else!

Historian said the subreddit is a "benevolent dictatorship" so perhaps he still has access to the hidden/deleted post if for some demented reason he wanted to amplify the P-Dubs signal.

No mod activity for two days on the sub-reddit, so whatever you saw it is still there. I'm the only "Full" moderator, the Official account has limited abilities and if they do anything I feel crosses the line, I'll remove them as mod.

I'm dead serious about that "benevolent dictatorship", I will do what is best for the users which at this point is to allow civil discourse. You can be for or against Atari SA and the VCS, so long as everyone is respectful to each other all posts and comments will stand.

• Like 5

The mug picture is about 4k wide which led me to look for reflections in the black surface of the mug. Does anyone else think the new controller's reflection looks like a pigeon--perhaps with another bird behind it?

post-39941-0-41294000-1559763954_thumb.png

I think Powertroll just self-banned himself on the VCS Reddit forum.

attachicon.gifpowerdubs_selfbanned.jpg

He's always the smartest man in the room. Just ask him!

I do appreciate that he's spreading our memes over there, though. :evil:

• Like 8

In the immortal words of my arch nemesis, PlaysWithWolves,

SHOT

post-2410-0-36637200-1559764543_thumb.pngpost-2410-0-35057000-1559764557_thumb.png

CHASER

Shady Numbers and Bad Business: Inside the Esports Bubble

“I feel like esports is almost running a Ponzi scheme at this point,” Frank Fields, Corsair’s sponsorship manager, told an audience at San Francisco’s Game Developers Conference last March. He smirked. The crowd laughed uncomfortably. The smile dropped from Fields’ face as he continued. “Everyone I talk to in this industry kind of acknowledges the fact that there is value in esports, but it is not nearly the value that is getting hyped these days.” Later, Fields would clarify that this value, and future value, “as of now, is optimistic at best and fraudulent at worst.”

Shady Numbers And Bad Business: Inside The Esports BubbleShady Numbers And Bad Business: Inside The Esports Bubble

• Like 6

So let me get this straight...

At this point, Atari won't make their console, and probably couldn't if they wanted to.

No one is buying their company. If that were going to happen, it probably would have happened by now.

And they have nothing left to sell.

What, exactly, is Atari going to do from here on out? Every minute they don't produce something, they lose money. Indiegogo cash only stretches so far...

• Like 4