IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Wasn't part of the appeal of the Ouya is that it was open and you could create games for it to put in their store? Granted it wasn't a PC but it did do emulation.

Think about Atari's store if a bunch of people submit stuff. Think they will do much quality control? Who are they going to pay to do that?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Wasn't part of the appeal of the Ouya is that it was open and you could create games for it to put in their store? Granted it wasn't a PC but it did do emulation.

Think about Atari's store if a bunch of people submit stuff. Think they will do much quality control? Who are they going to pay to do that?

I don't know if much, if any, QC would be done- if Atari allows user submissions, we're going to see a ton of shovelware on their store.

Here come the 'Barbie Dental Simulators', lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

I don't know if much, if any, QC would be done- if Atari allows user submissions, we're going to see a ton of shovelware on their store.

Here come the 'Barbie Dental Simulators', lol

Well, in order for them to have a store, they need to have a working console. Wasn't there a post a bit back with a screen capture of an Atari SA post that said they needed a reliable unit made first?

So, if they can't make a board that will complete the minimal check marks to give backers something, the idea of having a store is like not having wheels on the cart that was put before the horse. Plus, I am sure a highlight of said store might be Biffy games. Good QC that is not.

As a three year old, I think my daughter would have been more competent at making tacos. Sure, some ingredients might have hit the floor, and whatever made the plate would be a bit of a mess. But they would have hit the minimal check marks to call them tacos.

• Like 8

On 12/21/2019 at 5:11 AM, digdugnate said:

which post?  that one with Noel?

BUT YOU GUYZ THE ATARI VCS WILL TOTALLY BE AT CES- I KNOW BECAUSE THE TWO THINGS RHYME!

Yes with Noel. He is clearly looking to pick a fight with anyone. Shun the non-believers!

All hail the Atacobox with Speaker-pants attachments!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cybercylon said:

Wasn't there a post a bit back with a screen capture of an Atari SA post that said they needed a reliable unit made first?

I thought the same thing but realized it was actually worded oddly and they really meant they'd update when they get a reliable date from the factory.  Still not great, but not quite as crazy as admitting that they've not yet received a single properly working unit yet.  Although I'm still skeptical that they have anything working since it's totally bizarre to still not have shown a single thing running on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Dammit, I've got my stockpile of Tab and I'm not drinking anything else!

I drank Tab when I was young.  But I never turned into a tennis star.

Someone created pants with built-in keyboard, mouse and speakers. From the looks of those pants, you'd be fiddling your crotch area when pressing the Alt or Ctrl keys.

New jeans have built-in keyboard, mouse and speakers ...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Max Ivi said:

almost 3 years on this subject

Atari gave very little info on VCS, but I believe in the project

I am still a shareholder and I really want a real demonstration on VCS at CES 2020

happy holidays everyone ?

Happy holidays @Max Iviso

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

I drank Tab when I was young.  But I never turned into a tennis star.

Someone created pants with built-in keyboard, mouse and speakers. From the looks of those pants, you'd be fiddling your crotch area when pressing the Alt or Ctrl keys.

New jeans have built-in keyboard, mouse and speakers ...

So, business as usual?

3 hours ago, Eltigro said:

My mom lives in a small town named Scroggins.  I don't know much about it other than that my mom lives there and it has crappy cell service (for AT&T at least).  Also, there's nowhere to get a taco.

Crummy cell phone service?  No place to get a taco?  Now, with a name like Scroggins, my first impulse is to make a joke about banjos and cousins who date...but I'm not gonna....

• Haha 2

^^^^^ Yes, a 3 year old Can make Tacos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY5WwpLItKg

As for quality control for submissions to the Atari store? lulz, expect many calculator games, remember the 2600 Sesame street games?

The ONLY way I can see any form of moderation is if each VCS serial number can "vote" on an app, since there are only 10,000 units that must be shipped out, these people can be the reivewers and vote down a game because I cannot see how Atari will have Apple or Google funds to keep a complete staff for this reason alone. The way I see it, if a serious game is made for the VCS, it will be so expensive that each of the 10,000 backers would have to buy the game twice just for them to break even. Some top tier games cost more than big budget movies.

Atari needs to open this thing up to the Android market, this might actually enable Atari (infrogrames) to stay in business long enough to find a big landfill to dump these things. :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Max Ivi said:

almost 3 years on this subject

Atari gave very little info on VCS, but I believe in the project

I am still a shareholder and I really want a real demonstration on VCS at CES 2020

happy holidays everyone ?

happy holidays, but... Atari isn't listed anywhere for CES 2020 other than that Pong coffee table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

So @Max Ivi  with you admitting they haven't given much information, why do you still believe in it?

In fairness, if they deliver a functioning system you can load existing emulators on it, that wouldn't be the worst product in the world.  The problem with that is that anyone who is in need of such a device probably already has one.  You can get a Playstation Classic for under 30 bucks if you look around, and emulate all kinds of stuff on that.  The SNES, Genesis, and a few other plug and play systems can all be hacked easily enough, so I don't see the point in Atari using "Sandbox mode" as a selling point.

Still, if someone really wants an emulation box that is made by Atari, I guess this would be up their alley, assuming everything else is up to snuff.

• Like 3

I mean, Scroggins is such a small nothing of a town, there's no restaurants or anything there.  I'm sure I could go to my mom's and say, "Man, I wish I had some tacos..." and she might make me some.  But the closest place to buy them is a few miles away in a different nothing of a town.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

I had to lay off on the flour tortillas since my doctor put me on a diet (carbs) so I tried corn taco shells.  They're not bad, but better tasting when they're heated.  Making your own tacos are very easy to make.  If you can operate a computer, you can make your own tacos.

I'll be making deer tacos later this week if anyone is interested. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So @Max Ivi  with you admitting they haven't given much information, why do you still believe in it?

I think we just see the tip of the iceberg

I expect at least the delivery of the VCS for the backers (probably January)

following the first delivery, people will be able to give a real opinion on VCS

I think CES 2020 will be the first real craze ( during the pre-sale walmart january at march 2020 )

CES is perfect place to reveal the VCS and make Hype

I'm not desperate, but just very disappointed with the communication and all the delays

We will see ...

40 minutes ago, Max Ivi said:

I think we just see the tip of the iceberg

I expect at least the delivery of the VCS for the backers (probably January)

following the first delivery, people will be able to give a real opinion on VCS

I think CES 2020 will be the first real craze ( during the pre-sale walmart january at march 2020 )

CES is perfect place to reveal the VCS and make Hype

I'm not desperate, but just very disappointed with the communication and all the delays

We will see ...

Hi, Max.  I have a few questions/opinions about this.  Please don't take them as antagonistic, as I'm being completely genuine.  

I wonder what kind of hype machine you see Atari managing, esp. at CES 2020?  I am absolutely confident that all eyes are going to be on Microsoft and Sony, and everything else will be a footnote.  Beyond the built-in fanbases of the respective systems building up hype, do you think Atari could come up with the money for a media push that would make Joe and Jane Q. Public aware that the VCS exists?

• Like 3