Jump to content
Duddie

New keyboard membranes

Recommended Posts

800XL mylar is nearly ready, but I am working on some improvements.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Duddie said:

800XL mylar is nearly ready, but I am working on some improvements.

That's great news!!! All those 600XLs & 800XLs with stackpole keyboards will benefit, I will buy one, once  they are ready.

 

EDIT: I realized (by reading best computer website) that there are TWO versions of Stackpole keyboards, that can be identified by counting the number of screws in the lateral metal panel (4 vs 6). I hope it is not late, and you are aware of this.

 

Edited by manterola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duddie said:

800XL mylar is nearly ready, but I am working on some improvements.

How about the 800's? ;-)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atari 800 mylar has been made. However, I am not satisfied with final result. Manufacturer is not able to improve it. I am looking for new manufacturer, but prices are crazy - probably it will never be compensated due to low demand. Additionally, I do not have any 800 with mylar keyboard for further testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Duddie said:

Atari 800 mylar has been made. However, I am not satisfied with final result. Manufacturer is not able to improve it. I am looking for new manufacturer, but prices are crazy - probably it will never be compensated due to low demand. Additionally, I do not have any 800 with mylar keyboard for further testing.

I‘d still be ready to test it if required. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As some may have noticed, I have also now obtained a quote for brand new replacement 800 membranes and wanted to guage interest -

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mylars for 800XL/600XL are available. Price is $22 plus $9 for shipping worldwide.

 

orders(at)retronics.eu

800XL_1.jpg

800XL_2.jpg

800XL_3.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, Duddie said:

Mylars for 800XL/600XL are available. Price is $22 plus $9 for shipping worldwide.

 

orders(at)retronics.eu

800XL_1.jpg

800XL_2.jpg

800XL_3.jpg

Hi. Do these fit all XL keyboards with mylars or do I need to check keyboard types?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 9:32 PM, spookt said:

Hi. Do these fit all XL keyboards with mylars or do I need to check keyboard types?

I think there is only one XL keyboard that uses a mylar (stackpole)


I just popped on here to say that mine arrived from @Duddie this morning, well packed, really quick delivery and the mylar is top quality.
Fitted perfectly in 15 minutes (I did struggle a bit with getting the console keys lined up)
Keyboard is now working perfectly, another 800XL saved.
Thanks @Duddie  (and the fudge was really tasty!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mimo said:

I think there is only one XL keyboard that uses a mylar (stackpole)


I just popped on here to say that mine arrived from @Duddie this morning, well packed, really quick delivery and the mylar is top quality.
Fitted perfectly in 15 minutes (I did struggle a bit with getting the console keys lined up)
Keyboard is now working perfectly, another 800XL saved.
Thanks @Duddie  (and the fudge was really tasty!)

Thanks mimo -  I'll be ordering a couple come payday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1200XL is still available from Best Electronics, however, I may be able to offer them cheaper soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

I received mine today - lightning fast shipment!! ....and top-quality mylars - perfect!

 

Greetings from germany,

Jens.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 10:24 AM, Duddie said:

1200XL is still available from Best Electronics, however, I may be able to offer them cheaper soon.

Any news on this, looks like I need one for my 1200xl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet. It is not on my priority list, because BE still have them...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, mimo said:

I think there is only one XL keyboard that uses a mylar (stackpole)


I just popped on here to say that mine arrived from @Duddie this morning, well packed, really quick delivery and the mylar is top quality.
Fitted perfectly in 15 minutes (I did struggle a bit with getting the console keys lined up)
Keyboard is now working perfectly, another 800XL saved.
Thanks @Duddie  (and the fudge was really tasty!)

I have two 800XL's here that have a mylar, one with a Stackpole keyboard and another one with an AWC keyboard. Tried to replace the defective (mylar) AWC keyboard with a non-mylar keyboard (also from AWC), but that did not work. (Too bad, because I have three defective keyboards.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...