IGNORED

Where to find 520STm case?

I stupidly damaged my 520STm case by putting in 'too long of screws' in the front, causing two ugly plastic bulges..

Any idea where I could get a 520STm case ? My motherboard is working fine, (has TOS on ROM, and a Marpet upgrade yielding 2.5MB of RAM, and is a candidate for some Exxos toys in the future), but would like a nicer case... Of course spare parts wouldn't hurt.

I prefer the size/look of the non-floppy 520ST.. I'm weird like that.. (plus it was my first ST).

John

Best Electronics or B&C should have the case.

Thanks!

I am wondering how far we are away from being able to 'restart production' of these machines if needed..

We have 3D printers good enough to do the cases now (the submersion kind), PCBs are pretty easy to get made.. we just need a way to have small batches of custom ICs made for low cost :)

We have 3D printers good enough to do the cases now (the submersion kind), PCBs are pretty easy to get made.. we just need a way to have small batches of custom ICs made for low cost :)

I'm going to start work on the blitter soon as the design has been recovered. http://exxosnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/blitter-thoughts.html

As for MMU, GLUE, SHIFTER, DMA etc, there are only VHDL cores, and that is already built into the MiST, Suska etc.

I would love for a MMU re-deisgn, just using SRAM, though nobody has ever been willing to spend the time into developing one :( If the IC design files could be found, at least I could clone them into a modern PLD and make changes.

I'm going to start work on the blitter soon as the design has been recovered. http://exxosnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/blitter-thoughts.html

As for MMU, GLUE, SHIFTER, DMA etc, there are only VHDL cores, and that is already built into the MiST, Suska etc.

I would love for a MMU re-deisgn, just using SRAM, though nobody has ever been willing to spend the time into developing one :( If the IC design files could be found, at least I could clone them into a modern PLD and make changes.

OT - is there something that would make a CPLD more accurate than a FPGA? or are the FPGAs just not using the exact diagrams or something? (Sorry for noobie question :) ).

OT - is there something that would make a CPLD more accurate than a FPGA? or are the FPGAs just not using the exact diagrams or something? (Sorry for noobie question :) ).

VHDL is code running in FPGA stuff to emulate the chips. Such as code emulating the 68000 instructions. It breaks timing dependent things like rasters, fullscreen demos etc.

PLD that I am talking about, is "gate level" stuff, I mean it would be a direct clone of the blitter, just running in a PLD which can still be obtained and programmed. So it would be identical to the original Atari blitter.

Any idea where I could get a 520STm case ? My motherboard is working fine, (has TOS on ROM, and a Marpet upgrade yielding 2.5MB of RAM, and is a candidate for some Exxos toys in the future), but would like a nicer case... Of course spare parts wouldn't hurt.

I have a dead 520ST that I've been salvaging spare parts from, case is fine as far as I remember. If you're somewhere in North America I could probably post it reasonably cheaply. Let me know.