IGNORED

Another Release From Piko Interactive

mmbe

Gremlin graphics aside, can we expect anything other than ST ports with Amiga music, or do you have anything interesting for us in store?

We could write these games from scratch but then they'd either play slightly differently and not be the experience of the original title, or they'd look exactly the same because that is how they were designed. Either way, what would be the point?

Also, when the Amiga runs the exact same code, ST port with Amiga sound is basically an Amiga port.

The Jaguar versions generally run much smoother due to the increased clock speed. Control is often much improved due to having more buttons available.

Games now, as back then, are not written and designed per system. They're written once and ported to many platforms. No difference here as anywhere else, where people enjoy xb1 titles on their ps4 and vice verca.

Put another way, there's no way you are going to see a game put together by a small home brew team reach the size and scope of a full production from the 90s, developed by one of the major studios.

This is the only way games of this complexity reach the Jaguar platform at this point, without thousands of dollars of development cash thrown at them, or waiting a decade for each title. With the small scale of production and sales it is simply not economical to spend that much time or money on a single game, knowing it will, at most, sell around 250 units (If it is very lucky). Very few titles in recent years have exceeded those figures, Xenon 2: MegaBlast and Another World being the only ones that I know of - both of which are ports.

• Like 10

Gremlin graphics aside, can we expect anything other than ST ports with Amiga music, or do you have anything interesting for us in store?

We would consider investing in a full scale new production for the Jaguar if we eventually can get 500 sales of the same title within 6 months of the release. Hopefully we can reach those numbers some time.

• Like 2

We would consider investing in a full scale new production for the Jaguar if we eventually can get 500 sales of the same title within 6 months of the release. Hopefully we can reach those numbers some time.

Alright guys, you heard 'em.. start buying two or more copies each! = ) That would be cools though, I hope the homebrew / port scene for the Jaguar can start drawing a bit more attention.

• Like 2

I can't imagine any ST/Amiga title that would generate that sort of number. Not without major enhancements to give it a more unique feel and even then that sounds a very tough number. The FB group has just over 1100 users although how many of those actually still play jag I imagine it's quite a bit less.

Bear in mind that much of the criticism that the Jaguar got was for its 16 bit shovelware.

Although just my opinion Xenon 2 is by far the best port made post system death and I can't imagine it got anywhere near 500 copies. Bitmap Brothers and Team 17 games were the most popular with my Cadre of friends, maybe Speedball 2 could do well but still nowhere near 500 I would have thought.

• Like 2

I can't imagine any ST/Amiga title that would generate that sort of number. Not without major enhancements to give it a more unique feel and even then that sounds a very tough number. The FB group has just over 1100 users although how many of those actually still play jag I imagine it's quite a bit less.

Bear in mind that much of the criticism that the Jaguar got was for its 16 bit shovelware.

Although just my opinion Xenon 2 is by far the best port made post system death and I can't imagine it got anywhere near 500 copies. Bitmap Brothers and Team 17 games were the most popular with my Cadre of friends, maybe Speedball 2 could do well but still nowhere near 500 I would have thought.

Another World was a port and reached 400 I believe, so I 'spose it depends on the popularity of the game as well. Also, yes, Xenon 2 is cools. = )

Another World was a port and reached 400 I believe, so I 'spose it depends on the popularity of the game as well. Also, yes, Xenon 2 is cools. = )

Possibly Another World could get there with a 3rd run but not even close to the 6 month marker.Out of interest which titles (any producer) would you feel stand the best chance of achieving that sort of number?

Possibly Another World could get there with a 3rd run but not even close to the 6 month marker.Out of interest which titles (any producer) would you feel stand the best chance of achieving that sort of number?

BSG if reprinted and sold on EBay and not just here would likely be the best seller. Just based on all the buzz around the cart, but it's not going to ever happen. But that'd be my guess for hottest seller if another round was done.

• Like 2

I've only got guesses and opinions, obviously, but if we're talking about ports of games, I feel that a few of the "later" arcade style games ported might do well. Unfortunately the Amiga / Atari ST versions of these games don't look like they can compare to the Genesis / SNES versions. Things like Final Fight, Golden Axe, etc.

BSG would certainly be a stellar seller! Agreed on the Mega Drive/SNES ports front lots of games from those systems have dated really well, Golden Axe is amazing and I would expect would achieve lots of interest. Vectorman would be great also a fantastic looking game which would definitely look at home on Jag hardware.

Edited by Swansea_Mariner

BSG if reprinted and sold on EBay and not just here would likely be the best seller. Just based on all the buzz around the cart, but it's not going to ever happen.

Yeah we'll wait and see what happens in a few months after the SD card is released.

We might be in for a surprise.

Edited by JagChris