IGNORED

"Classic" Web Design (Also Known As: Anyone Miss the Old Internet?)

TPA5

Maybe one day I'll edit it into paragraphs with better colors, but part of me wants to keep it like that, it's more nostalgic. :D Plus that's how I originally wrote it. And that background is a computer chip.

Well as it is it sure screams 1996. "Netscape added webpage backgrounds, look what I can do!" The only thing missing is the blink tag ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer older websites. My favorite website period is still http://www.atarimuseum.com . It's artistic, informative, easy to navigate, and quick loading.

Wrote this on another forum, when someone pointed out that the official SpaceJam website was still up:

The Space Jam Website. Fun. Take a look at the source; it appears to be hand coded. Tons of white space, and one of the first lines is a comment which no code generator would create: Badda-bing, Badda-boom.

You can see the beginnings of commercial webdesign here. Eventually the basic elements would be codified in a book: Creating Killer Websites. Here's it's website, from 1996: http://www.killersites.com/killerSites/core.html

Basic layouts wouldn't change too much til the iPhone came out. Even then, most sites are conceptually the same; they just hide the menu behind a hamburger button. And they need jscript to work corr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...