IGNORED

Jaguar ST Ports Series 2.2

Gaztee

Its's that time again!

As everyone should know by now, CJ has recently given me the binaries for the Atari ST enhanced ports. These will each be made available for purchase for a limited period, but if anyone missed out on either Badlands or Commando, then please email me with the title Bad Commando, as it's still possible to run a few more off.

I am now taking pre-paid pre-orders for them a limited time, and at the end of the order period they will be built and shipped out, and the next titles will be made available for order. This is to avoid a similar situation to what happened with Xenon II: Megablast! where the pre-orders outnumbered the eventual demand. Making these is quite expensive and time consuming, and having excess stock of boxes and manuals is a waste.

You will have the option of ordering:

• Cart only £36
  • Cart + Box + Manual £50
  • Additionally, I STILL have a few clear shells remaining from the original Alice's Mums Rescue run. Please add £5 if you would like one of these (while stocks last)

The next two titles available for pre-order are: Dragon Breed and Bionic Commando

post-760-0-27997000-1501606921_thumb.jpg

To order your copies please email peleiades81@gmail.com with the title Bionic Dragon (so I don't miss it!) Please also include your AA handle, Paypal address, country of origin and state whether you want regular or tracked postage. And of course which games you would like to order, the quantities and the cart shell colour. Once I have all the relevant information I will send an invoice for payment. I will start sending invoices out from the 4th August due to work commitments. Please be aware that I am on vacation during this time too, but hope to have internet access at some point, so will catch up then.

The games will be available for pre-order until 22nd September, at this point orders will close, final invoices will be sent for immediate payment and production will begin.

Cheers,

Gaz

• Like 6

Im not interested in these myself, but perhaps you would like to spread your releases out a bit rather than 5 games in the same timespan. Thats £250 + shipping for people who want them all. Would mean a rough time for most.

The Orion re-releases as just that, there's only really OJC that hasn't had a decent release before. So they are mainly aimed at those who missed out previously. I think this is the 4th time Elansar has been run. Second run for Alice and for OJC, but first with box & manual. I do understand where you're coming from, it's a bit like the Colecovision scene where about 10 games were all released at the same time. If you add in the new Piko game too, its tricky for sure.

• Like 1

The Orion re-releases as just that, there's only really OJC that hasn't had a decent release before. So they are mainly aimed at those who missed out previously. I think this is the 4th time Elansar has been run. Second run for Alice and for OJC, but first with box & manual. I do understand where you're coming from, it's a bit like the Colecovision scene where about 10 games were all released at the same time. If you add in the new Piko game too, its tricky for sure.

Fair enough, i just meant "your" releases as in you handling the ordering and logistics. I was just trying to help you let more people be able to afford more of the games. thats all. I personally try to support true new jaguar titles, or "new" as in re-releases. So the ST ports isnt for me, but had those been new original games, id be bummed. I already have orion_'s games, aside from the collection, and im still getting these, to help convince him to come back and develop or port more of his games to the jag. He is the only one i know who has made new original games for the system. I want him to come back and make more!

Either way, good luck with the sales. Im awaiting your invoice for the other games.

Edited by grimm

Hey, I'll use one of these mistakes I made to ask if you happen to run out of clear shells, if there's a way I could donate extra funds for you to get more from say, Songbird or something. = ) So far I'll have all available Atari ST games in clear shells and would love to continue to do so for any future ST games on cart. = )

Edited by Stage_1_Boss
  • Like 1

Don't forget there are full roms of these you can try out on your skunk in the ports thread.

Thanks everyone.

[EDIT]

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/page-19#entry3655747

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/page-20#entry3685889

CyranoJ:

I have mad respect for what you've done. I just wish there was an effort* to back-port the use of the Enhanced Joystick Ports back to the ST originals so that when the games are played on an STe [or Falcon], the ST Power Pads/JagPads could be used. I know a lot of folks would love to play them that way at the Atari Parties we throw on a semi-annual basis here in NorCal. We've had Gauntlet II on a 1040ST for a few years straight and had it set up for 4-player action via one of those Parallel Printer-to-DB9 Adapters but it would be easier to use a Jaguar Team Tap on an STe under that scenario...plus, everyone would have more than 1 fire button. I know the "easier" solution would be to buy a cart for one of the Jags on display but that would be more of a possible theft opportunity, not to mention the Jags are usually devoted to JagDoom. #FirstWorldProblems

Maybe I'll ask JoystickJedi to bring Gauntlet IV for the Sega Genesis with its Team Tap next time. I really wish Atari Corp and Atari Games wouldn't have been involved in their royalty dispute during the release of the Jag because "Gauntlet IV" would've made for an awesome pack-in; certainly better than Cybermorph! :)

• Like 2

Hi guys & gals,

I'm sorry that I didn't manage to get the invoices out before I left for my summer vacation. I was hoping to get them sorted before I left, but ran out of time. Internet here is spotty, hopefully I can get them out before I get home, if not it will be when I return.

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 2

Hi guys & gals,

I'm sorry that I didn't manage to get the invoices out before I left for my summer vacation. I was hoping to get them sorted before I left, but ran out of time. Internet here is spotty, hopefully I can get them out before I get home, if not it will be when I return.

Cheers

Gaz

No problem at all Gaz, was just making sure I wasn't missing out. = ) No rush here, enjoy the vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the silence, but I have now returned from my summer vacation. I will be sending out all the invoices for the games tomorrow night. If you haven't received your invoice by Friday, then please give me a nudge. I've had emails asking for these and the Orion re-releases together, so there is a chance I may have missed someone.

• Like 1

Sorry for the silence, but I have now returned from my summer vacation. I will be sending out all the invoices for the games tomorrow night. If you haven't received your invoice by Friday, then please give me a nudge. I've had emails asking for these and the Orion re-releases together, so there is a chance I may have missed someone.

Man, I can't remember if I've even paid for this yet, hahah... would you mind checking to see if you already sent me an invoice and if I paid for it? And if I did... just remember that I live in Texas now, and not Florida. If it goes to Florida, my tenants will get it. Hah...

Don't forget there are full roms of these you can try out on your skunk in the ports thread.

Thanks everyone.

[EDIT]

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/page-19#entry3655747

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/page-20#entry3685889

if you have a skunk that is :(