Jump to content
sparkdrummer

DISK DOC TO PDF

Recommended Posts

TI-Artist Plus+ is gonna be a bitch to do. The scan Ralf put up is the same as the one I have - muddy - especially in the middle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TI-Artist Plus+ is gonna be a bitch to do. The scan Ralf put up is the same as the one I have - muddy - especially in the middle.

 

Probably true, but remember we'll love you for doing it! :)

Since it'll be the best quality version available, it'll be the copy that survives for future generations and historians to enjoy, so be sure to sign your work! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TI-Artist Plus+ is gonna be a bitch to do. The scan Ralf put up is the same as the one I have - muddy - especially in the middle.

Photoshop helps clear the mud away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RickyDean-

Most of the files I am attempting to manipulate are in .max format or Paperport. I can clean the mud out of the file, the problem is the text is muddied up as well and the ocr conversion is pretty useless. I have found a cleaner scanned hard copy of TIA+ so I am going to rescan and see if we can get a usable file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIA PLUS+.pdf

Was not able to convert to text with OCR - which pissed me off. I scanned a cleaner "copy" of the manual - copied all pages to jpg - converted to Paperport .max files - cleaned the pages up as best I could in PaperPort - Copied and pasted into Irfanview - printed to pdf using Acrobat distiller then assembled what you see here. The Readme file mentioned in the manual is at the end. Not as good as I wanted, but better than we had.

 

Navarone letter.pdf

Letter sent out by Navarone to TI users groups. It was a great idea, I think.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

attachicon.gifTIA PLUS+.pdf

Was not able to convert to text with OCR - which pissed me off. I scanned a cleaner "copy" of the manual - copied all pages to jpg - converted to Paperport .max files - cleaned the pages up as best I could in PaperPort - Copied and pasted into Irfanview - printed to pdf using Acrobat distiller then assembled what you see here.

 

Even so... Much improved! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BHXP1.pdf

BHXP1 Experimental Aircraft - More or less the assembly version of the Dow Gazelle (which was written in console basic and was a commercially released flight simulation.). Put this together for my pilot buddy, which I've not heard back yet if he crashed and burned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Microdex Publication Index.pdf

Very useful file for looking up information from publications.

I ran all of them through TI Base and sent the printout to my PC, Then merged all files into Word, sorted them, cleaned up the formatting, Made up a cover page and then printed to pdf.

The only bad part is the MICROpendium parts only go to 1988.

I think there was another companion file that came out for use with MICROdex that covered all MICROpendium issues until it's demise. If anyone has this and could upload here, I can revamp this file to include them. This would make the file even more useful.

 

Khe Sanh.pdf

from Not PolyOptics

 

Quest for the Key 1.pdf

Quest for the Key 2.pdf

Text adventure games.

 

Up Periscope.pdf

from Pewterware

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heh.. it's an interesting note that the author of Diablo joined us in Chicago this year, quite by coincidence. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC40 992.pdf

Review on the "NEW" CC40 and 99/2.

 

CC40 in TIPPC Notes 1983 1984.pdf

Much info on the CC40 - I have a few more of these to do.

 

YUCAN BUSINESS.pdf

YUCAN business software manual

 

The above were all converted from Paperport max file to pdf.

 

CC40 Memory.pdf

How to upgrade memory in a CC40 from 6k to 18k.

 

Converted from TI DV/80 text to pdf

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently working on the catalog of disks and content for the PLATO system. It is from a SS/SD disk that was supposed to print to a parallel printer.
I printed to disk a dv/80 file and then converted that file so that a PC running word would be happy. Once I'm done - I will create a pdf. The beauty of it is it "should" turn out to be a searchable pdf.

Is there any interest here fro me to upload when I'm done?

 

The file is HUGE and I'm having to do quite a bit of reformatting to make it read better. But I'm getting there.

 

I try to run some PLATO stuff pretty frequently to keep my sparse brain cells firing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

platocat.pdf

 

Plato Catalog

 

Well, I finally got this sumbitch done. It turned out pretty well. If anyone can improve on it, please do so.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...