IGNORED

Radofin Acetronic Rowtron Hanimex

Sunnyvale CA

On 7/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, MantaNZ said:

I know two people with these, damn it. 

I just need this, Chess and carts 101 and 103, which were only released in New Zealand and have two games each on them, selectable by a switch! So yeah, it turns out I didn't even have the entire "Fountain" range. Stupid rare double carts...

Wich one are the carts 101 and 103? did you mean 1001 and 1003?

May be should be a good idea do a database about how many titles appears with each brand, Radofin logo, Acetronic, Fountain, etc

First of all we need to identify how many brands are with same titles. Including with label variations.

What do you think Radofin collectors?

• Like 1

Great idea....

101, 102 & 103 were all dual game carts that were only released in New Zealand under the Fountain brand.  They switched between games via a small switch on the top front of the cart.

101 - Horse Racing / Musical Games

102 - Air Sea Attack / Grand Prix

103 - Shoot Out / Electronic Pinball

There's a picture on the site below, nearly as rare as the Hobby Module.

This used to be a great site, Pong Picture Page, closed down a few years back, its now only available as a web capture:

https://archive.is/ohP1P

18 hours ago, Maceyl said:

Great idea....

101, 102 & 103 were all dual game carts that were only released in New Zealand under the Fountain brand.  They switched between games via a small switch on the top front of the cart.

This used to be a great site, Pong Picture Page, closed down a few years back, its now only available as a web capture:

Wow, I never heard about this carts before, and I am  collector of Radofin.... :S

Very nice that website, is sad it dont still working :(

Thanks for the information, I have some covers that dont appears in that site

Edited by Marty_MDV

On 7/31/2021 at 10:14 PM, Maceyl said:

Great idea....

I can't get it to open but I'm guessing that's pinwhiz's old site. Had loads of info and pictures. He's probably the biggest Fountain collector in New Zealand. He has everything bar boxed Chess and 103, I believe. I'll ask if I can get the stuff from the site :)

EDIT: I just read the title. I don't think that was his site.

Edited by MantaNZ

On 7/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, Maceyl said:

I'm still searching for 101 myself, I found 102 & 103 last year both complete & mint.  One day it will raise its head until then.......??

Damn, if you'd found 101 and 103 you could have traded something for my 102, LOL. I recently acquired Backgammon. Oddly enough, it's spelt correctly on the cart but Backgamon on the box. Scored Draughts last year too so just a matter of time until I find Chess, 101 and 103! Not holding my breath about the hobby module.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, Maceyl said:

All of my games are in Atari 2600 box protectors as well . So was the Hobby Module the only 1292/1392 cartridge not released as a Fountain branded game in New Zealand? I have a couple of the Fountain releases but mostly Acetronic & Radofin..

My most prized possession is a prototype sample Chess cartridge by Radofin that was prepared for the CES (Consumer Electronic Show) in 1979/80? Found it in a job lot i got for £4 on ebay. Amazing what you can still find.

Sorry mate, I didn't have notifications on for this thread. Yeah, Hobby Module, Chess, Draughts and Backgammon were not released as Fountain as far as I am aware, but were sold here (ones I have are both Radofin). So technically my Fountain title collection is complete because I have all the games on the double carts separately, haha.

Convoy (1004) complete in box went for over £60 on Ebay about three years ago, only one I've seen for sale.  Never seen Shooting Gallery (1006) for sale anywhere. Never collected these games as there not compatible with the 1292 or 1392 systems.  Nice little collection though.......

On 8/18/2021 at 5:51 AM, Maceyl said:

Convoy (1004) complete in box went for over £60 on Ebay about three years ago, only one I've seen for sale.  Never seen Shooting Gallery (1006) for sale anywhere. Never collected these games as there not compatible with the 1292 or 1392 systems.  Nice little collection though.......

Ok thanks for the information, so they exist, are real, am checking Ebay for years to found them :(

• 2 months later...

Hello I am looking to buy complete and mint copies of Hobby Module, Backgammon, the Tank War bundle, Spiders Web, Bowling, Planet Defender, and Sea Wolf. I would also be interested in a complete mint set if anyone is just looking to sell theirs off. Please let me know if anyone has any mint complete copies of any of these, or the full set. I am a serious collector, not just a tire kicker lol. Thanks

11 hours ago, Kollector said:

Hello I am looking to buy complete and mint copies of Hobby Module, Backgammon, the Tank War bundle, Spiders Web, Bowling, Planet Defender, and Sea Wolf. I would also be interested in a complete mint set if anyone is just looking to sell theirs off. Please let me know if anyone has any mint complete copies of any of these, or the full set. I am a serious collector, not just a tire kicker lol. Thanks

Hi there,

Bowling and Sea Wolf don't exist. They were never released. I have Backgammon and took me forever to find. Not mint either. Sadly I missed out on the only boxed hobby module I've ever seen. Never even seen Tank War. It'll be tough getting the lot! Good luck, though.

I did see a complete set on eBay but doesn't look to be mint...

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Maceyl said:

The screenshots in that auction show some graphics corruption. Possibly some bad ram in there that need to be replaced.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.94f0da67cc45cdc1a8d2b6b5426822ea.jpg

I hope someday one of the owners of this device will take the time to disassemble it and trace the board.

I'm fascinated by these kind of cartridges (like e.g. the Magicard for the Atari 2600) that turn the console into something similar to the early single board computer.

I actually tried the hobby module on my Interton VC4000 using an home built cartridge, but it lacks the cassette interface so I'd really like to see a schematic of how it was implemented.