IGNORED

The Atari Word Processor Training Data Diskette CX8120

luckybuck

Hi together,

Thanks to Farb, we discovered, that the:

The Atari Word Processor Training Data Diskette CX8120

in the AtariWiki:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Atari%20Word%20Processor

isn't an original disk! AtariWiki is deeply sorry for this, because our intention is the real deal, of course.

Luckily, the disk isn't protected, so creating an atr of the disk, shouldn't be the problem.

Is someone out there in the galaxy, who owns that disk and hasn't written to it?

Or at least can acknowledge that this directory:

post-32599-0-47514400-1504360919.jpg

is genuine?

Thank you so much for your help to preserve the ultra rare CX-boxes.

We really appreciate your help.

The Atari Word Processor Training Data Diskette CX8120 in the AtariWiki isn't an original disk! AtariWiki is deeply sorry for this, because our intention is the real deal, of course.

Just to clarify, the Atariwiki dump came from an original disk. What Ijor found, however, is that the disk has been modified from its fresh-out-of-the-box state. It wasn't write-protected originally, so perhaps the Training Disk encouraged the user to write out their work back to the disk?

In any case, I just wanted to make sure the distinction is clear between original media and _unmodified_ original media. We see it frequently with games that write out high score tables, etc.

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure that the dump I made is from a fresh disk. It is a very old software package and I have bought my copy from another collector. The directory looks the same, but it is possible that also my disk was used by a previous owner to write files to...