Mats90245

Worth $80?

Guy in my area is asking $80 for these games. Includes a crusty console and some instruction books.

One way to look at it: A buck per game and a "crusty console" + manuals free.

I'd offer him three crispy $20s and see where it goes from there....

Also, Porky's is included. Can't hardly say no to Porky's.

post-61233-0-57228300-1505337057.gif

• Like 1

One way to look at it: A buck per game and a "crusty console" + manuals free.

I'd offer him three crispy $20s and see where it goes from there....

Also, Porky's is included. Can't hardly say no to Porky's.

attachicon.gif84404881.gif

He's firm on $80 and I have drive about 30 minutes. I'm on the fence.

Dollar per cartridge, I like it. :)

I would bargain given the dusty look "look pal, I've to clean everything, it's pretty dirty, besides some cartridges doesn't have labels, maybe some even doesn't work" :evil:

• Like 2

I you don't have a console already or those game then it $80 isn't a bad deal as it would cost your considerably more to purchase the equivalent of this purchase on ebay (same titles and consoles). The one thing I did notice is that he had several duplicate cartridges. Also notice several didn't have labels. Still not a bad deal. If you don't have a 2600 and looking to start collecting then this is a decent deal in terms of price and 30 minutes isn't a far ride.

Does Albert still buy carts for the store? If so, you can trade unwanted carts for AA store credit.

Yes as long as they aren't busted up, scratched up or have marker or nail polish ID on them.

Does Albert still buy carts for the store? If so, you can trade unwanted carts for AA store credit.

I'm all about the idea of this, but I'm thinking that the shipping would be a kick in the nuts and cancel out any potential value for me.

• Like 1

He's firm on $80 and I have drive about 30 minutes. I'm on the fence.

I wouldn't drive 30 minutes for those. Too many doubles, too high a price. I'd give him $60 if he brought them to me, maybe.

If you start out on the fence, you're likely to feel buyer's remorse afterwards. Let it go, there will be others, and if there aren't, you'll survive.

• Like 1

As has been said already, $1 per cart is a good deal. If any of these games help fill in a collection for you, even better.

Instead of worrying about it being a good deal to others, just ask yourself if it's a good deal for you and if you think $1 a cart is a good purchase.

id do it

I about ran my local game store out of his old priced atari games, which is fine he has quite a glare... usually he says oh 2600 games are 2 for one with the ones on the shelf marked 3-4$ which for 2 isnt too bad, but I found the tub of them under one of the tables marked a dollar lol

Edited by Osgeld

I'd buy it, looks like a heck of a deal. Sure, mostly common, and a few dupes, but there's more value in the games alone, assuming your up to selling them.

I counted 83 games. So 80 dollars devided 83 games is actually 0.963855421686747.

I would have expected someone with your name to calculate the cost out that far :-D

• Like 1