IGNORED

The Official JAWCRUSHER thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

How many games have been released in 2017? Off the top of my head in think it's 7, maybe 8? ? That's one every month and a half to two months which doesn't seem like flooding the market in my mind. That said, folks certainly have the option to not buy every release. This should be fun after all, not a chore.

One final point, as someone very familiar with the cost structure of most of these games, if anyone thinks the game producers are getting rich off of these you're sadly mistaken. I would suggest that most producers are just hoping to make enough to hopefully cover the costs of the next release.

I'm glad that people like Rev, Jay, Tim, Willy, JF and Toby, Eduardo, and Groovy, among others, along with the very talented group of programmers who are creating games for the Inty in 2017, are willing to put in the time, effort and financial outlay necessary to give us so many new games to play on our beloved console almost 40 years after its release. Just sayin.

• Like 8

I'm glad that people like Rev, Jay, Tim, Willy, JF and Toby, Eduardo, and Groovy, among others, along with the very talented group of programmers who are creating games for the Inty in 2017, are willing to put in the time, effort and financial outlay necessary to give us so many new games to play on our beloved console almost 40 years after its release. Just sayin.

That's what we all have been saying and thankful for.

Thanks you for reclairifing that for us.

Cheers.

Good People for sure. ???

Wth, I could have sworn I typed sympathize instead of connection. Stupid ipad.

Maybe the posse should stop devoting uncountable number of hours to providing code, graphics, music, manual creation, box art and testing. While some of us don't believe every game needs a box release, there are some that do and they go to great effort to make their desire come true. Vote with the wallet and don't buy every release. People can't reasonably buy every Xbox or ps game so why do they expect they can buy every homebrew?

Unless more than 500 are printed, boxes do not get cheaper, even then you usually need to do 3 separate boxes per print run to get any saving. Cart shells don't get cheaper, the boards containing the rom doesn't get cheaper due to the labor of programming them. Box art and manuals cost the same and the people doing them aren't doing them for free. Economies of scale do not apply to this hobby to the degree where the cost will go down significantly per release.

• Like 2

I’m grateful for all the Homebrew releases that are made available. I don’t want to spend my hard earned money on another lame ps4 or Xbox one release . I appreciate being able to have something new and retro that my wife can buy me for Christmas every year. I wish I could afford every Homebrew release on every retro platform. Just like I wish I could afford every new awesome sports car made by all of the different car manufacturers every year. Their are limits to every ones resources. I guess I need to send my next complaint to the Tesla Brotherhood [emoji481]. Jawcrusher looks really good , I need to have my wife get this one. Thanks for the convenient website to make the purchase from. I think she will make the purchase in the next couple weeks. I hope their will still be one left!

Edited by adamchevy

Im grateful for all the Homebrew releases that are made available. I dont want to spend my hard earned money on another lame ps4 or Xbox one release . I appreciate being able to have something new and retro that my wife can buy me for Christmas every year. I wish I could afford every Homebrew release on every retro platform. Just like I wish I could afford every new awesome sports car made by all of the different car manufacturers every year. Their are limits to every ones resources. I guess I need to send my next complaint to the Tesla Brotherhood [emoji481]. Jawcrusher looks really good , I need to have my wife get this one. Thanks for the convenient website to make the purchase from. I think she will make the purchase in the next couple weeks. I hope their will still be one left!

Thanks! Yes there will be some left.

no one ever mentioned that it doesn't take lot of work and effort into releasing games.

There's always praise and admiration for the hard work that goes on buy those who do.

So what are you trying to say with

"Maybe the posse should stop devoting uncountable number of hours to providing code, graphics, music, manual creation, box art and testing."

Is a threat ? For ? What ? Why?

without the rest of the community

Supporting that effort - would the effort even happen or would it even be worth it for the the posse.

Lol

You are no more important to the community here

Then Community here to you.

It's a an equal partnership.

But we have got way off topic.

Cheers Brother.

Edited by m-crew

no one ever mentioned that it doesn't take lot of work and effort into releasing games.There's always praise and admiration for the hard work that goes on buy those who do.So what are you trying to say with"Maybe the posse should stop devoting uncountable number of hours to providing code, graphics, music, manual creation, box art and testing."Is a threat ? For ? What ? Why?without the rest of the communitySupporting that effort - would the effort even happen or would it even be worth it for the the posse.LolYou are no more important to the community hereThen Community here to you.It's a an equal partnership.But we have got way off topic.Cheers Brother.

You are the one that started labelling via your use of "posse" in a way that could be taken as derogatory. I never said I was more important that anyone else, rereading your comments makes it seem as if you have an issue with not being part of some imagined club. You are the one that started complaining about the number of releases and farkles (a word that is not in the IPad spell-checker.)

And as I do not have a fanatical need to respond to every post, I will enjoy not seeing anymore of yours.

Like was mentioned before ,there are more and more , Publishers and Programmers joining our community.. The fear of one stopping really? ... Anyone can be replaced in any field , job , carrier.. That's life..

Maybe the posse should stop devoting uncountable number............. , in my opinion is an arrogant and ego driven statement. just come down from the pedestal and join the rest of us.. ;p :) we all can play nice together you can even have a chat with Eric..

Cheers

Edited by m-crew

You are the one that started labelling via your use of "posse" in a way that could be taken as derogatory. I never said I was more important that anyone else, rereading your comments makes it seem as if you have an issue with not being part of some imagined club. You are the one that started complaining about the number of releases and farkles (a word that is not in the IPad spell-checker.)

And as I do not have a fanatical need to respond to every post, I will enjoy not seeing anymore of yours.

That is awesome news for me...

Deflecting as usual... all good ,I will be glad you wont see my post anymore. Add another blocked person to your list.. lol you checked the wrong ipad checker... lol

Oh BTW ,Back on topic,, I cant wait until I receive Jawcrusher , really looking forward to playing this game and pac man jr....

Also playing the rest as well...

Thanks Rev, I really appreciate you hard work in releasing these game.. (Galaga pls)

Cheers

• Like 1

How many games have been released in 2017? Off the top of my head in think it's 7, maybe 8? That's one every month and a half to two months which doesn't seem like flooding the market in my mind. That said, folks certainly have the option to not buy every release. This should be fun after all, not a chore.

One final point, as someone very familiar with the cost structure of most of these games, if anyone thinks the game producers are getting rich off of these you're sadly mistaken. I would suggest that most producers are just hoping to make enough to hopefully cover the costs of the next release.

Apart from the variations (according to SoulBuster's criteria: Space Cunt (BSR version) and the standard edition of Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe and BC's Quest for Tire) and from the stand-alone release of games already released as in-game (Laser Sharks), until now we have had only six new releases in 2017. Actually, too much ado about nothing!!!

EDIT for the skeptics: the six totally new releases are Hotel Bunny, Super Pro Hockey (an hack, actually), Jr. Pac-Man, Moon Blast, Jawcrusher and Oregon Bound

Thanks for explaining the facts around the homebrew business. Everybody should read yor post with attention

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

Apart from the variations (according to SoulBuster's criteria: Space Cunt (BSR version) and the standard edition of Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe and BC's Quest for Tire) and from the stand-alone release of games already released as in-game (Laser Sharks), until now we have had only six new releases in 2017. Actually, too much ado about nothing!!!

EDIT for the skeptics: the six totally new releases are Hotel Bunny, Super Pro Hockey (an hack, actually), Jr. Pac-Man, Moon Blast, Jawcrusher and Oregon Bound

Thanks for explaining the facts around the homebrew business. Everybody should read yor post with attention

Great explanation of all of that! :)

I know we are different than the 2600 crowd with the drive to collect/get many homebrews, but I really hope it doesn't get to the point of only 30-50 copies of a INTV new release get purchased. If it does, then the people who finance the boxed/bag production will lose money or take a very long time to get re-imbursed, and may become picky on how many they back.

How many games have been released in 2017? Off the top of my head in think it's 7, maybe 8? That's one every month and a half to two months which doesn't seem like flooding the market in my mind. That said, folks certainly have the option to not buy every release. This should be fun after all, not a chore.

Multi-millionaires need not respond to this discussion, as they are in a category of their own.

Easy Eric ,

expressing your thoughts around here could get you blocked.

There is a lot of Deflecting going on around here.

Not that I agree with anything you say. But I luv you honesty of expression and not just a follower.

and yes man.

Some think they know more and have an entitlement around here. (and are treated as such by some of our community)

Just because they have lots of $$$ or Produce something.

We are a community brought together because of a common passion ,no one should be taken for granted.

What I was trying to get across was not about new releases.

Was about a lot of the gray areas that anyone not involved in Publishing/Programming /Farkle producing. (Yes that's a word -southern slang that Friends from TN use ) could vaguely see.

Products and Releases just released for $$$.

Cmart can say all he wants about not making money. Yes maybe no mountains but some nevertheless. No one will contestantly release product for a loss or break even.

That's a reality in any venture hobby or not.

Unless your a millionaire and have no worries !!!

Cheers and let's play nice together.

Question Rev , Didn't the Atari Version have 9 rows of dots , correct me if I'm wrong because I don't have the Inty version yet.

But it looks like there's only 5 rows of dots on the inty version.

Any reason for the difference.

Cheers Brother

Edited by m-crew