IGNORED

Expansion Module #1 extension cable...

SHaMROCK 73

Has anything ever been available that could enable the ColecoVision Expansion Module #1 (Atari Adapter) to sit on a shelf beside or under the ColecoVision. I envision a small box that plugs into the expansion port on the front of ColecoVision with a cord, on the other end is a female connector that connects to the back of the Expansion Module. Has something like this ever been available?

You could check with ADAMcon to see if he has any of the Extension Ribbon Cables made for hardware devices that connected to the Expansion Bus on the ADAM Computer... it's the same as the CV Expansion Interface. Unfortunately most of these ribbon cables (40pin if I remember correctly) were shorter than you are looking for, but perhaps he has something longer that I am not aware of.

• Like 1

I have been looking for something like this and have concluded there is no such beast available. All the connectors I've seen are the wrong gender (female), which is fine if you want to daisy chain devices out of the side expansion port. I have a cable that plugs into the side port and lets me hook up three additional devices (currently I have my midi interface and speech synthsizer plugged in).

But you would need a female connector on the ADAM side and a male connector on the Atari Expansion Module side to fit into the Atari modules female plug and there just don't seem to be any 40-pin male connectors out there.

I was hoping to find one to hook up my SGM in this fashion as a third device on my cable.

You could check with ADAMcon to see if he has any of the Extension Ribbon Cables made for hardware devices that connected to the Expansion Bus on the ADAM Computer... it's the same as the CV Expansion Interface. Unfortunately most of these ribbon cables (40pin if I remember correctly) were shorter than you are looking for, but perhaps he has something longer that I am not aware of.

Edited by jblenkle

I have been looking for something like this and have concluded there is no such beast available. All the connectors I've seen are the wrong gender (female), which is fine if you want to daisy chain devices out of the side expansion port. I have a cable that plugs into the side port and lets me hook up three additional devices (currently I have my midi interface and speech synthsizer plugged in).

But you would need a female connector on the ADAM side and a male connector on the Atari Expansion Module side to fit into the Atari modules female plug and there just don't seem to be any 40-pin male connectors out there.

I was hoping to find one to hook up my SGM in this fashion as a third device on my cable.

There were adapters for those cables. I've got one that was originally used to connect an Auto Dialer.

post-13580-0-03967500-1506642029.jpg

3 devices connected to ADAM Expansion Interface - MIDI Interface, EVE Speech Synthesizer, Super Game Module

post-13580-0-70432200-1506642041.jpg

Edited by ed1475
  • Like 1

Shoot! Where did you get that male-male connector? That's exactly what I need.

There were adapters for those cables. I've got one that was originally used to connect an Auto Dialer.

attachicon.gifADAM_40_pin_cable_with_Adapter-1.JPG

3 devices connected to ADAM Expansion Interface - MIDI Interface, EVE Speech Synthesizer, Super Game Module

attachicon.gifADAM_40_pin_cable_with_Adapter-2.JPG

This is a pretty stupid idea. You could just put the whole console on the floor or a coffee table when you want to play it, and then put it back when you are done.

Or you could just buy a 2600 or 7800, or any one of a dozen other 2600 compatible machines. You will spend more than a regular 2600 is worth, to build a custom solution.

You will spend more than a regular 2600 is worth, to build a custom solution.

#include <std_disclaimers.h>

Sometimes we hobbyists do things not because they are economical, but because they are fun or cool -- to us. If others like it or find it useful, it’s a bonus!

*Dr. D.*