IGNORED

Retro-Bit Super Retrocade with Capcom, Data East games

Flojomojo

Ah well, your loss.

Bring the power of an arcade to your home with the Super Retro-Cade plug and play console by Retro-Bit®. Packed with over 90 popular retro games from Capcom, Data East and others! This collection includes fan favorites such as Mega Man 2, Joe & Mac, Bad Dudes, Strider, BurgerTime, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Final Fight, and more!

Take control of the intuitive user interface with two wired 10 ft. controllers compatible with your PC and Mac®. Ditch the quarters and revisit the arcade with Retro-Bit®.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the first one for relatively cheap (something like 20US$ shipped or something for an open package) ... if it gets in the same ballpark I will buy it used for sure.

We'll see, now that Kevtris/Analogue have announced the Super Nt all my interest for a SNES mini vanished, with a little bit of luck the core store will come to it and Kevtris would-add/is-adding Sega MD and PCE to the list at which point I believe my thirst for games would be only over Arcades and if this units delivers (FBA/Mame whatever they use to emulate) it may be a good thing to have around (in their advert they name Ghosts'n'Goblins and that is not a CPS-1 game, it predates it, so not sure they use Mame/LibRetro/FBA).

• Like 1

I'm going to be getting one of these from Retro-Bit for a review for the magazine, and I'll get something up on the site/magazine as soon as i can. I did see they added some more games for it.

Cool! If you can provide a link to your review when it is published, let us know if you can. Definitely would be worth reading. Yes, it does seem like they cut out a lot of fat (i.e. bad games) and add a bunch of games people may actually look forward to playing, such as Mega Man, Bad Dudes, Knights of the Round, etc. However, hopefully they have improved the emulation and upgrade the controllers. The previous version was pretty much panned, and for the most part rightfully so. Hopefully they can step up their game just like AtGames has done with the new Atari and Sega HDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hWEsOx_3Q

Tecmo is onbard as well.

Not sure I care for the handful of console versions they threw in the thing, they should stick to arcade only, but we'll see when it's available.

Agreed. The first model was pretty much panned as it was no where near Nintendo NES Classic quality, nor AtGames Flashback for that matter. Hopefully they have done their due diligence and will have a much better follow up with better emulation and gaming titles.

Agreed. The first model was pretty much panned as it was no where near Nintendo NES Classic quality, nor AtGames Flashback for that matter. Hopefully they have done their due diligence and will have a much better follow up with better emulation and gaming titles.

I have the first one, and it's underpowered (slow CPU 6Y old design) and has bad emulation (SNES runs too fast, MD is poor etc...etc...).

Tear down:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253811-retro-bit-generations/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3634528

CPU link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253811-retro-bit-generations/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3634546

Somehow I bet this one will be a "copy" of SNES/NES mini (Allwinner R16 or alike, that is to say RPi 2 class) ... will see.

Not sure why they keep the "console" ports (NES/SNES/MD) however they are perceived feel like fillers in an "Retro Arcade" box.

• Like 1

I have the first one, and it's underpowered (slow CPU 6Y old design) and has bad emulation (SNES runs too fast, MD is poor etc...etc...).

Tear down:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253811-retro-bit-generations/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3634528

CPU link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253811-retro-bit-generations/page-8?do=findComment&comment=3634546

Somehow I bet this one will be a "copy" of SNES/NES mini (Allwinner R16 or alike, that is to say RPi 2 class) ... will see.

Not sure why they keep the "console" ports (NES/SNES/MD) however they are perceived feel like fillers in an "Retro Arcade" box.

Well, considering how AtGames stepped up their game with the Atari and Sega Flashbacks, Retro-bit is going to have to do the same. Let's hope they resolved the major issues (emulation, controller lag, and better game lineup) in order to compete with the SNES Classic and AtGames units.

Well if they maintain that "RetroBit Games" directory in the SD card on the final product as a means to add your own romz it seems we've something worth considering this year, maybe even full price

Well done. There's still some ways to go and things may change and someone along the line may actually fuxx it up, but so far so good.

I wonder if "da extra romz" are tied to a specific version of mame/fba roms or just about any would do?

So the reviewer tested SNES/Genny/NES and GB, any chance to give it a shot with GBC, GBA, SMS, GG and TG16/PCE?

[the old RBG did GBA, can't remember if GBC worked or not]

• Like 1

Well if they maintain that "RetroBit Games" directory in the SD card on the final product as a means to add your own romz it seems we've something worth considering this year, maybe even full price

Well done. There's still some ways to go and things may change and someone along the line may actually fuxx it up, but so far so good.

I wonder if "da extra romz" are tied to a specific version of mame/fba roms or just about any would do?

So the reviewer tested SNES/Genny/NES and GB, any chance to give it a shot with GBC, GBA, SMS, GG and TG16/PCE?

[the old RBG did GBA, can't remember if GBC worked or not]

Agreed. I wonder what other consoles can be emulated using this thing. It would be good to know the full list as this would definitely be worth picking up if it can emulate and run ROMs from a whole variety of consoles.

holy cwap, the main page of retro-bit super retrocade is a minefield on Android.

I tried twice to "chrome" it and one time it popped up with a "you are infected blah blah ... scareware", the other time, a direct video, it asked me to register to see the "free video" (in my book free means free, no registration, nothing you morons) when I refused another "scareware" popped up ..... wtf, at least on PC it seem less ... virulent, that's the word.

On other news, do they have a launch date? If it is not out in the next week or so they're gonna miss the holiday season, everyone and his sister knows that holiday purchases starts around a few days before black Friday and extend into the second week of December at most .... let's see.

• Like 2

According to Amazon this thing is available for pre-order and should be released on Dec 15:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Super-Retro-Cade-Plug-Play-Console/dp/B0774WLMPX

I guess they really hope pre-orders are going to be stellar as that is very late to be release anything for the holidays .... will see, I'm gonna wait this one out, it's not that is going to go sold-out that fast, if it does they're gonna make more (or a chinese factory will leak them cheaper).

One can already see from the pic of the package they still do not know the final line up, it's obvious that they photoshopped (and badly) the games logo/list on the right side (amateurs!!! ... at least line them up geez, do you want my money or not? Well, try a little harder)

post-36731-0-33271100-1510817000_thumb.jpg

On another note, the fact they are reusing last year mold (but using white plastic) is "weird" to me, yeah I get it .... cost-cutting, but really this is barely a "coat of paint" and that design ain't (and wasn't) exactly mind-blowing .... whatev ....

According to Amazon this thing is available for pre-order and should be released on Dec 15:

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Super-Retro-Cade-Plug-Play-Console/dp/B0774WLMPX

I guess they really hope pre-orders are going to be stellar as that is very late to be release anything for the holidays .... will see, I'm gonna wait this one out, it's not that is going to go sold-out that fast, if it does they're gonna make more (or a chinese factory will leak them cheaper).

One can already see from the pic of the package they still do not know the final line up, it's obvious that they photoshopped (and badly) the games logo/list on the right side (amateurs!!! ... at least line them up geez, do you want my money or not? Well, try a little harder)

attachicon.gif81SMqv9cRjL._AC_.jpg

On another note, the fact they are reusing last year mold (but using white plastic) is "weird" to me, yeah I get it .... cost-cutting, but really this is barely a "coat of paint" and that design ain't (and wasn't) exactly mind-blowing .... whatev ....

Yeah, it is a little bit strange that the final line-up hasn't been solidified. That being said, what they already have comfirmed was going to be on there is pretty good, especially if you can load up ROMs from a bunch of consoles and play it via this system, that is pretty good. Style wise, yes, it is a rehash of last year's design, just with a new paint scheme. Still, I think it looks good enough to pass the eye test. Hopefully we will know the full game list soon and more reviews will come in to see if the early preview video we have (as seen in earlier posts) stacks up the same.

Yeah, it is a little bit strange that the final line-up hasn't been solidified.

Actually, it isn't strange at all. The game lineup of its predecessor, last year's Retro-Bit Generations, wasn't solidified until after the system was released. :) Initially, three Alfred Chicken games were part of the game selection, but the IP owner (for undisclosed reasons) had actually decided against having the games be included on the system. Presumably, later production of the system removed those three from the lineup, but I never investigated further to confirm. In any case, the Generations' final game list was so elusive that I took to begging other AtariAgers for help. I'd have given in and just bought one (to be returned to the store for a full refund in short order, since I did not want one at all) and grabbed the info myself had I ever seen one in my area. Come to think of it, even now, I don't think I ever confirmed which game on the retail release was the one that couldn't boot up. One person said it was game X, and another said it was game Y. Maybe they were both right, but had different revisions?

It will be nice if they do some real quality control this time. They'll need it, what with the stronger competition in the market this year (no, of course I don't mean any of the NOAC-based plug-n-play money grabs that have been spewed onto store shelves in the past few months).

By the way, the Super Retro-Cade's Japan-exclusive counterpart, the Retro-Bit Generations II (レトロビット・ジェネレーション2, distributed by Jnnex), came out on schedule at the end of October. Strangely enough, though, I still haven't found any gameplay footage uploaded by actual buyers. None of the Amazon.co.jp user reviews mention the game selection being different from what had been announced months in advance, though, so I assume nothing changed there.

onmode-ky

• Like 1