IGNORED

1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

MacRorie

As DrV pointed out, that one probably isn't PS/2 compatible. However this one says it is.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000DPI-LED-Backlit-USB-Ergonomic-Gaming-Keyboard-Gamer-Mouse-Sets-Mouse-Pad/253308198156?hash=item3afa585d0c:m:mVDpVwQroth7SuF_IMMVOFg

Not sure how the color changing LED's work. Or in other words if they require a special program on the PC to activate.

certainly the tkII could send the appropriate sequence to handle it... :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I have a Belkin OmniView Pro3 KVM that has both USB and PS/2 inputs for key/mouse, I just need to order the PS/2 KVM cable to try it on the XEL. The Avocent KVM's we use at work do the same thing (USB kb/mouse to PS/2 on the servers) and I know for a fact that they work. When I get the cable I'll test it and let everyone know the results.

• Like 2

Payment sent for parts to build a 1088XEL-CF. Will make a nice addition to my 1088XEL when I’m finished with the build.

cool. Make sure to update the firmware on your U1M so it works correctly. Will send it out with the other bits.

• Like 1

Probably will add on the built CF-Drive and Internal SIO Expander boards, tomorrow, so no rush. icon_wink.gif

EDIT: I have the Realan case - anyone doing a run of the custom panel indicator / mouse-select boards? :)

Okay, yours is currently being built. Expect an email later today with a link to pics. You were next in the queue!

I have already done a run of both of those boards as they are included in the cost of people buying cases from me.

Bare PCBs $5 each

Kit with all parts $10 each

Add $10 each if you want them assembled/tested

• Like 1

Updated first post. Here is the text. See post #1 for details.

UPDATE (06JAN18): First completely assembled board shipped. Others are being built. Waiting for parts from Israel & Poland. Globalization hits the Atari! ;-) I have updated pricing. The shipping needed to be bumped as insurance fees alone were costing me $5-$15 more than people were paying.. If you have paid, you do NOT need to pay any more. That is benefit of paying! However, all future orders will need to respect the new pricing. I changed pricing on one option to reflect parts price change. Also, this is fair warning: if you want a 1088XEL at the current prices (either assembled or unassembled), you should order & pay now. Part prices have increased and some additional costs to building have been discovered. It's probably only going to be a 5% bump, but $20 is $20. Also, with the blessings (and MASSIVE help) of the Beta testers group, I am writing/curating a user manual. I will send a copy to all purchasers once it is finished. Options Interest: I have also started taking orders on some options available for the 1088XEL. These are ONLY if you want to purchase them separately from a full BOM kit or Build. Also, be aware, that if you purchased a case option from me, it ALREADY includes the Panel indicator and the mouse select options.

• Like 2

UPDATE (08JAN18): Three more assembled boards done. Waiting for Composite/S-Video connector to do final testing. Updated pricing to reflect the option of RGB video out. Sophia & VBXE-XL are available. I am leery of not including stock video (via the UAV), but I have given people the option if they so desire. Whatever your choice, cables will need to be custom done either by yourself or by me for additional costs. I have a stock of DIN13 cable connectors, so I can do it fairly easily. NOTA BENE: I still do not have Sophia boards in hand, so if you pick that option, there will be a (hopefully short) delay.

• Like 3

Could I order 2 bare boards? I'd love to get a full BOM but can't spare the funds in one go. I'd prefer green but either colour would be fine.

As funds allow would I be able to order the custom chips and daughterboards from you piecemeal as well? I know thats going to kill me with the postage but I'm ok with that. All or nothing and I can't do it; pay more over an extended time, I can swing it.

Could I order 2 bare boards? I'd love to get a full BOM but can't spare the funds in one go. I'd prefer green but either colour would be fine.

As funds allow would I be able to order the custom chips and daughterboards from you piecemeal as well? I know thats going to kill me with the postage but I'm ok with that. All or nothing and I can't do it; pay more over an extended time, I can swing it.

Sure. I can do that. Your best bet is to probably order them in batches that correspond to the suggested build order (in the BOM), we can work out the details in a PM. I sent you a PM with a payment link for two green boards.

If anyone else wants to do the BOM in batches, PM me and I will work out some set pricing for everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...