IGNORED

[SOLD] Apple II Software Mystery Box

BigO

33+ lbs. of Apple II software. Make an offer.

post-12370-0-65343700-1508694158_thumb.jpg

Intercepted on the way to the dumpster @ a hoarder house cleanup I helped a friend with several years ago. Tired of it sitting in my garage which is on the verge of looking like a hoarder house itself. I'm never going to start collecting Apple II stuff.

I haven't touched an Apple II since around 1984 so I have no idea if any of it works. You post your offer, you take your chances, so don't post some ridiculously high amount.

It's been packed up in this box for a couple of years so I don't remember exactly what's in there, hence the "mystery" part. I'm not planning on digging through it again. Some is complete in box, some is loose disks, some is random "monthly club" type disks. I do remember that there's something in there with a balloon...

I'll spend a reasonable amount of time, at a casual pace, comparing readily available shipping options upon completion of the sale, but won't attempt to ship via USPS Media Mail or employ any shady or deceptive practice. If you live near enough to me in Phoenix, AZ that you want to pick it up, we can arrange that. If you want to eyeball the cost of shipping via USPS, calculate shipping from 85051. Dimensions show in the picture (round up to 23x15x10 inches).

I'm trying to clear out space, so am not particularly inclined toward accepting trades but, if you wanted to trade a complete mystery box of software for a fully functional cocktail pinball machine or an original Pong or Computer Space arcade machine, I might consider that :).

[EDIT 11/3/17 @ 5:51 AM AZ TIME: DISAMBIGUATION OF TERMS (ENDING DATE)]

Terms:

• Best offer posted in this thread by November 3, 2017 11:59:59.99, AZ time is the winner. Any time on November 4th or later is too late.
  • I decide which offer is the best.
  • I reserve the right to cancel this sale at any time for any reason whatsoever.
    • Since I mainly want this to go to a good home, whining, complaining, cheating, disrespectful conduct or other shenanigans are the most likely things to cause me to place this stuff back on its original landfill trajectory.
  • Pay winning offer+ shipping via PayPal only.
  • Available only to continental United States.
  • Have fun.

You might also be interested in this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271264-apple-ii-joysticks/

• Like 1

Wow. Shipping for me is $72.

I'll have to wait and see where this goes...

yeah it's a bit for me as well and I don't even live that far away (California) ... but I have a working Apple setup with two disk drives and I am oh so curious ... maybe Might and Magic in there? or Ultima? I am rubbing my hands together as I say "Ultima" :D

Yeah, it's a lot of weight. I really don't remember what's in there and don't know beans about Apples. I certainly wouldn't expect anything exceptionally rare and/or valuable. I'd really hate to set anyone up for a big disappointment. I just couldn't bring myself to throw this stuff away.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a lot of weight. I really don't remember what's in there and don't know beans about Apples. I certainly wouldn't expect anything exceptionally rare and/or valuable. I'd really hate to set anyone up for a big disappointment. I just couldn't bring myself to throw this stuff away.

I couldn't throw stuff like that away either. I like your solution - it will be great either way for you and whomever wins.

Yeah I just figured that one out. I always thought it was only for books, but as long as there's no hardware in there you can ship it media mail.

I'll have to look into that later.I recall running into some specific language and restrictions before. But, maybe it's legit to ship Media Mail.

I'll have to look into that later.I recall running into some specific language and restrictions before. But, maybe it's legit to ship Media Mail.

I asked and double checked. As long as it's just MEDIA meaning a book, printed material, a disk, a VHS tape, a DVD, Laserdisc, etc. then it's ok. Not sure about cartridges, but I think those are ok too. It just can't be hardware.

Agreed - Media mail should be just fine. I have shipped many floppy disks over the years and have never had one issue. You are correct that the cartridges would be prohibited. Anyway - thanks for looking at that option.

Media for computer software is ok. If you tell them COMPUTER GAMES they will consider it non-media. I would just call it software and books since it's a grey area. Another thing is they may ask if it has advertising materials, and the answer should be NO although if you are crazy, you'll say yes it has Broderbund catalogs that came with Print Shop or something that will cause trouble.

I never have a problem and I use it for all non-cartridge software. Never for hardware or anything else, aside from books and records.

Yeah, if USPS audits the package and finds games here (doesn't matter that they're on floppy or for ancient computers), they'll re-send and charge the buyer the full amount of regular ground shipping - which will be much, much, much higher than their Media rate on something like this. Yes, this has happened to me with Amiga games before, so speaking from experience here. :(

I'd go with FedEx on this deal. Bet they'll be near half the cost of USPS and can chose either regular ground or their new Smart Post option which is some goofy USPS/FedEx arrangement, which surprise! isn't always the cheapest. Worth getting a couple of estimates for anyway...

• Like 2

If they open the package, it's still no certainty that the inspector will find issue with it. I have once had an issue with Media where they opened it and saw a PC game, but I still resent it by Media once I discussed it with them. If I have paid overage upon receipt, it was because a seller sent hardware. And I have had no complaints yet about items I have shipped by Media, and I've shipped hundreds.

I will make an offer on this lot, but my lot will include no contingency about Media. Please ship by Media Mail at my risk. I'll pay the postage overage if there is a problem. I'll take that into account with my offer.

• Like 1

That's not what they told me. Weird.

Postal employees will say different things sometimes. I was given a detailed printout once by a postmaster that explicitly said NO GAMES of any kind on any kind of media. They even had me sign it as something they'd keep on file as an understanding that I'd no longer be sending vintage computer games as Media Mail! If I still have a copy of this, should post to the forums. Which, come to think of it, thought I already had. Might be here somewhere.

Anyway, do as you please. Just sayin'. :)