IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Hi it me Sean

I will put up some pictures of the bottom and later Pictures of the entire unit. I am still working on

getting everything set up on this computer. I hope these will show what you were looking for. I will post

some real good pictures of the entire unit one all my software has been installed.

Thanks Sean

Please show me a older Serial number. I know a new list is being made up. Also on the old list does anyone

have a date code found on the unit that place as the oldest one. I know most the units have a Serial number

followed by the Letter " E "... The unit shown does not that is placed as the oldest unit.

Sorry Post 826 show photos of my unit Serial number

Edited by Sean39

Hi

Here is a photo of the Date code. On this machine.

Sean

Here is the Date code found in my unit with the Serial number 57020 E

What is the date code found in the unit that in the oldest slot?

I am just currious. I am not saying it not the oldest but it would be nice to know the date code found in the unit or on the

actual computer chips.

I would love to see more older units show up. Because it made me think what has happen to all the machines that had older Serial

numbers.

Sorry Post 832 shows a photo of the date code found on my unit.

Thanks Sean

Edited by Sean39

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I was told Bob Brown had the Very first Atari off the Production Line. I was wondering if Bob would be willing to

let us know what his Serial Number is??? I would love to be able to talk to this Bob Brown.

Anyways I understood that the First Letter Atari used on the Heavy Sixers was "E" then they went up from there..

My Serial number is 57020 E Now I have another one that has a serial Number followed by the Letter "G"

Anyways I was told the go in Alphabetical order following the serial number.

Such as E , F , G , H , , J ,K ,L ,M and so on. on the letter "I" was skip due to it being mistaking for the number 1

Now From what I was told BOB Brown has the Oldest and First Atari off the Production line ever.

Well here is some photos of mine. Also Please let me know on this . I heard there was going to be a second and official

list of Serial numbers made up.. When is this being done????

Sean39

post-17711-128012526716_thumb.jpg

post-17711-128012543244_thumb.jpg

post-17711-128012546493_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone

I did not have the inside Photos of the system in the above Post. This is the insides of the Serial # 57020 E system.

Also is the Outside photos of the Atari 2600 Heavy sixer system. Sorry it took two post to do this in,but I wanted to well

document this system with atariage.com to help with us getting a accurate list of all systems.

Thanks Sean39

post-17711-128013024531_thumb.jpg

post-17711-128013032692_thumb.jpg

If you haven't read my other post i wanted to get a list going on 6'ers serial numbers to see who here has the oldest. I found out that it was going to be a little more difficult than that, seeing how nobody really knows what the suffix letter represents or what letters were used. So it was suggested that it might still be a decent idea if for no other reason than just to see what suffixes were used.

Just post what the # on your 6'er is and any other pertinent info (i.e. Sears or Atari console, Taiwan made or anything other info you think would be useful). I will try to update daily and rearrange according to company and suffix letter.

I will start the list in my second post with my own two that i currently have.

Atari 2600 1977 heavy serial #99606E

Rokit1man

post-26728-128060113498_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

The Heavy Sixer I have has S# 86491L, Sunnyvale, CA. I recently got it from a friend who is also a member of this site. I don't know his username. He said he thought it might have already been registered here. But I don't see it listed in the first post of this thread.

Hi Everyone

I was told Bob Brown had the Very first Atari off the Production Line. I was wondering if Bob would be willing to

let us know what his Serial Number is??? I would love to be able to talk to this Bob Brown.

Anyways I understood that the First Letter Atari used on the Heavy Sixers was "E" then they went up from there..

My Serial number is 57020 E Now I have another one that has a serial Number followed by the Letter "G"

Anyways I was told the go in Alphabetical order following the serial number.

Such as E , F , G , H , , J ,K ,L ,M and so on. on the letter "I" was skip due to it being mistaking for the number 1

Now From what I was told BOB Brown has the Oldest and First Atari off the Production line ever.

Well here is some photos of mine. Also Please let me know on this . I heard there was going to be a second and official

list of Serial numbers made up.. When is this being done????

The one Photo that shows the 7722 in it stands for 1977 in the 22nd week.

Sean39

Hi everyone

I am posting the the booklets that go with the system Serial 57020 E. The pictures are above of the system

That dates from 1977 in the 22 week.

I will post a Photo of the Rare box from 1977 that holds this system in it. If needed for the Official list.

I would love to see a older system on this post and I have been looking every post over. I know mine can;t be the oldest,but

so far I have not seen one older in this thread.

Well here is the booklets and if you look close at the Owner manual in the corner you will see 1977 on it. I have

seen other books with the dates being 1978 and newer in the corner. The other book is the book that only list the first 9

games Atari ever came out with in the beginning.

Both These books are from 1977 and are not later issues.

Thanks

Sean39

post-17711-128194031209_thumb.jpg

post-17711-128194064682_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sean39

When was the last time this list was updated? I'd like to toss in a few recommendations, if I may.

- add the date the serial was added to the list. This will help track updates

- when was console acquired? Helps to establish ownership timelines

- what is its functional status?

Not sure why this thread isn't stickied. Based on its content I don't think it should be allowed to get lost in the thread shuffle.

• 3 weeks later...

About a week ago (September 4, I think) I purchased an Atari heavy sixer for $8.00 at a local thrift store here in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It came with the AC adapter, a Zenith RF switch, one joystick, and a Video Chess cartridge. Everything looks and works great. The serial number is #73252E. I've posted a couple of pictures.

post-27281-128418293533_thumb.jpg

post-27281-128418294835_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbehnke747

About a week ago (September 4, I think) I purchased an Atari heavy sixer for $8.00 at a local thrift store here in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It came with the AC adapter, a Zenith RF switch, one joystick, and a Video Chess cartridge. Everything looks and works great. The serial number is #73252E. I've posted a couple of pictures.

$8...that is heroic! GREAT FIND!

When was the last time this list was updated? I'd like to toss in a few recommendations, if I may.

Not sure why this thread isn't stickied. Based on its content I don't think it should be allowed to get lost in the thread shuffle.

The Keeper of this, Ye Holy List has indefinitely, but possibly not permanently abdicated his duties earlier this year. The vaulted position of Keeper of Ye Holy List is waiting for the next Honourable Knight of Atarius to step up and accept the solemn task. :)

The Keeper of this, Ye Holy List has indefinitely, but possibly not permanently abdicated his duties earlier this year. The vaulted position of Keeper of Ye Holy List is waiting for the next Honourable Knight of Atarius to step up and accept the solemn task. :)

I agree that this list is in desperate need of maintenance and updating. However, I thought someone was working on PHP'ing the list and making it apart of AA, just like the rarity guide. However, if that endeavor has ceased, then I would be happy to take over the list and see that it is updated and maintained.

Believe it or not I do still look in here once in a while, but I'm just not here enough anymore to keep up the list. Someone had contacted me about keeping up the list, and told me that had talked to Al about getting editorial control of it, but I guess it never happened. If I get some free time I'll try to update it again just so it doesn't die because of my lack of upkeep. Maybe I'll just pop in her and update couple a day until it's current.

Believe it or not I do still look in here once in a while, but I'm just not here enough anymore to keep up the list. Someone had contacted me about keeping up the list, and told me that had talked to Al about getting editorial control of it, but I guess it never happened. If I get some free time I'll try to update it again just so it doesn't die because of my lack of upkeep. Maybe I'll just pop in her and update couple a day until it's current.

Rather than let the list languish under vague or intermittent editorial oversight, I think it would be best to make some concrete decisions about who is going to be responsible for maintaining the list going forward. As you are the one who has built and maintained the list to this point (and BTW, thanks!), I believe that those decisions reside with you, Wester.

If you would be willing to resume active editorial control of the list, that would be great. If you don't feel that you have the time to assume that responsibility anymore, then I think you should consider selecting a willing successor and officially pass responsibility for the list on to them.

Whatever your decision, I believe that the list would greatly benefit from something definitive getting done with regards to this issue.

I don't know if it's a heavy sixer.

See image in post #2 of this topic. Pay no attention to the different style of woodgrain on Sears units -- what you want to look at is the shape and thickness of the black plastic at the lower edge and ends of the woodgrain panel.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

See image in post #2 of this topic. Pay no attention to the different style of woodgrain on Sears units -- what you want to look at is the shape and thickness of the black plastic at the lower edge and ends of the woodgrain panel.

Well than, strike my previous post.

It turns out I have two Light-Sixers. I had always assumed my six switch VCS was a Heavy-Sixer because it reads "Sunnyvale" on the bottom, but the plastic molding is like the Light-Sixer. It's also much heavier than my Four-Switcher and Vader. But I was mistaken, unless Sunnyvale produced heavy internal units with the later molding. That seems unlikely.

Thanks for the info.

Well than, strike my previous post.

It turns out I have two Light-Sixers. I had always assumed my six switch VCS was a Heavy-Sixer because it reads "Sunnyvale" on the bottom, but the plastic molding is like the Light-Sixer. It's also much heavier than my Four-Switcher and Vader. But I was mistaken, unless Sunnyvale produced heavy internal units with the later molding. That seems unlikely.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like heavy sixers to me. I didnt know any ones but heavys were made in sunnyvale. You can see on the wood grain panel, the corners of the black case have a very nice radius on the heavy sixers. (to the right of the atari logo on an atari model) The light and 4 switch models have much less of a radius.

Woody Sunnyvale 73925 E functional, no switch or hole

Woody Sunnyvale 33773 H? Functional, no switch or hole

Sears Sunnyvale 23668 U functional, no switch or hole

There's 4 more of these buried deeply in storage from when I thought these were really rare (pre-internet) If and when I see them again, I'll get the #'s