Ticket on heavy shielding: 99 08400023

Sticker on RF module shielding: CA010410 273S7744

Switch board markings: Lot #6 6/5/78 and C10462 REV B CPX

No date ticket on the main board

A B Channel Select slot with no switch inside

post-42277-0-31344400-1430092391_thumb.jpg

Edited by badloki

• 1 month later...

I have a Sears Heavy Serial #51308S 1977 Revision 8 Main Board, Switch Board Revision 5 . Has 90 stamped on Switch Board in black with circle around it. Has no cutout for channel switch or markings for it.. Got it with original CX-10'S in great shape, and original Sears Heavy paddles, Rf box and power adapter for $99.00 shipped..

Edited by JATO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't post here when I got my "Half Sixer" (heavy guts/top, light bottom in a refurb), but now I finally can!

IMG_2324.jpg

Sears "Heavy Sixer"

Model - Cartridge Telegames System Video Arcade (Sears)
Serial - 88378T
Sticker Type - White, single
Mfg - Sunnyvale, CA
Channel Select Switch - None
QC Date - 1172.S / "99 33700008 . #"
Casing Date Hotstamp - (None)
Motherboard Rev. - Rev 6 (CO10433)
Switchboard Rev. - Rev 5 (CO10462)
Other Markings - (see left joystick port sticker)
Purchased - June 2015 in Natick, MA from original owner for $50.
Bundle included two CX-10s, Sears-branded paddles, AC adapter, owner's manual (all-original), and generic RF switchbox.
So, the chip date codes are 1777, 1477, and 7730D, which (if I'm reading those right) seem to indicate that it was manufactured after the 30th week of 1977 (mid-August).
The number on the taped paper QC slip is "99 33700008". Would it be safe to assume the "337" might indicate 33/7, or the third week of 1977? I'm not sure the what the"99" would mean, but I feel like the "8" is likely the production line or QC checker ID number.
This unit also has the green/white striped ribbon cable, said to have been used on the earlier runs (red and grey came later, apparently?)-- which would also support a potential August 1977 manufacture date. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Just hoping to speculate a little and maybe help bring the big picture sharper into focus on the Heavy Six Knowledge Base.
IMG_2335.jpg
I have no idea how the numbers on the small sticker would decode...
IMG_2326.jpg
IMG_2330.jpg
IMG_2333.jpg
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2328.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just acquired my first Heavy Sixer; also my first Sears Unit. I Initially wanted an Atari branded one, but I have to admit to really falling for this Sears unit. I kind of like the distinctive look the marbled grain and silver panel give it.

Anyways, it serial # 87101R, made in Sunnyvale. It doesn't have the channel selector or the hole for it on the bottom. It came with Sears paddles and (I believe) two CX-10 heavy sixer joysticks. The paddles work great! The joysticks not so much. One doesn't work at all, and on the other, only left works. The paint and finish almost look too good.

post-41431-0-54558400-1436241520_thumb.jpgpost-41431-0-14900700-1436241527_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

was given a heavy sixer today, just the console, however it does not work. It powers on, but all I get is a black screen on my television. Would love to get it fixed, after reading up on how rare these are it'd be a shame to let it go to waste. Also it would sort of replace my four switch model, which does work but has a broken case

The serial number is 82570K, and there is a slot for the channel selector on the bottom but there's no actual switch. Located in Norfolk, Virginia.

image_zpsdryojqw9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I injured my heavy sixer while removing spider eggs from it.

Is this a replacement cable? I have never ever seen a red one before.

Does anyone have one for sale?

The red cable is stock, it replaced the green / white. Just gently form the pins straight again (needle nose pliers work great for this) and re-insert it in the plug on the switchboard

SN: 72695E

Early 1977 Heavy Sixer, Gray Power Supply

Lots of "firsts" for me here.

First Hex Disc! (Look near the power switch).

First Chess Piece Box.

First Sears Driving Controller

(First Nintendo game pad ?! LOL)

2nd set Atari Logo Paddles

All the games are duplicates of what I have, except Frogger.

The Sears recepit is for less than $30, so that must have been for a controller or the missing Race game?

post-29575-0-58991200-1439355399_thumb.jpg post-29575-0-19270500-1439355416_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was going through my Atari 2600 units and noticed that I have a couple of heavy sixers - one Atari and one Sears - that aren't listed in this "official" serial number list. That list hasn't been updated since 2009 according to the latest edit, so not sure if I should even bother taking pictures of these to add in?

For the record, here are the SN's:

Atari unit: 25573H No switch or slot

Sears unit: 64920S Nos switch or slot

Both Sunnyvale

Thanks and lmk if I should add pictures for the database.

Edited by Deadman

• 3 months later...

Congrats on your Walnut Sixer!

I need to get an Atari Heavy Sixer to pair up with my Sears Tele-Games Heavy Sixer.

Thanks! I have always wanted to get a Sears Video Arcade model Heavy Sixer. I really like the Sears models. They are even more nicer looking than I thought. Hope you get a VCS Heavy Sixer.

• 2 months later...