IGNORED

Emulation Overload

Tifany

For me, there are a handful of games that I really enjoyed BITD (e.g. Arcade Space Duel, 2600 Asteroids) and that I still play regularly.

Otherwise, my favourite genre is RPGs. It is a chance to try the many, many titles that I read about in magazines, but that I lacked the hardware to play them. The quality varies wildly, of course, but I am not obliged to play the less fun titles; indeed they tend to get deleted quite quickly.

The vast majority of the ROMs in my "collection" are for games that I actually want to play. There are few platformers and no sports games because I just do not care to play those types of games. I am therefore not overwhelmed by endless choices.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. And if nothing else, he's got a ton of breadth across just about every console ever, with screenshots too. A real labor of love with a distinctive voice, for years and years. I would be proud to have made a site like VGC if I had the dedication to stick with it as long as he has done.

A person could do a lot worse than to play nothing but VGC's top picks for a few months.

• Like 1

Same here. I've irregularly gone to that site since it came out back in the day. He deserves all the credit in the world for keeping it online more or less if not entirely by himself for almost 20 years now as that's an accomplishment. I don't always agree, but he keeps it fairly short and sweet, to the point, and enough to give you a feel if you want to dig more for added detail. An amazing starting point to site the turds from the gems.