IGNORED

Fake Eli's Ladder on eBay?

ianoid

When asked if it could be a reproduction and why are the images stolen:

"This is a copy of the one I have for sale it was purchased off of eBay awhile ago from myself, but due to situations, I will have to sell it. As per your question stolen from a website, I think not. I currently own it, check the dates on the images you see online, they're old!"
The response doesn't make any sense to me.

"This is a copy of the one I have for sale it was purchased off of eBay awhile ago from myself, but due to situations, I will have to sell it. As per your question stolen from a website, I think not. I currently own it, check the dates on the images you see online, they're old!"

Wait.. did he just say he bought it from himself? All I can say is, he way overpaid! ;)

This sounds a lot like the last guy - that his daughter was selling for him? And one them ( or both) had/has cancer?

Either way, the last thread was interesting, so lets see where this one goes. :grin:

If you look at the other guys listings the table is on most of them where the cart is laying, so maybe the image on the website came from him?

EDIT:

Also there are additional pics on the ebay listing on the same table and clearly the same cart, which aren't shown on the website.

Edited by SignGuy81

No, they have different labels.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th images all have same rip in upper left corner of label as the action. I'd assume he has a legit copy based on that.

I'm no expert on these, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once (maybe).

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 1

Not sure what you mean.

The one from ebay is the same exact copy as one of the carts shown on atarimania.

But it looks different from the other older cart also shown on atarimania.

This is why I asked before why this copy is being shown at atarimania when it appears to be a fake......I never got an answer though.

I think this will be a title I will no longer pursue now unless it's purchased from a known collector who has owned it for a good time :P

Yes of course. But the pics of the older example you have....that cart has a different label than the cart in question that's on ebay.

So is there a known label variation (highly doubtful) or is the one in question a fake/repro?

Ah, I see what you mean now.

Looks like the one in question is indeed a reproduction.

I removed it from the database.

Here's a pic of its end label, btw.

post-6203-0-68176900-1510842323.png

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Hi rom,

thanks for clarification. I suppose you could keep it in the database as an example of a fake ;)

Chances are it will rear its head again when the buyer realizes he was duped and resells or returns to the seller who will resell it :P